• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It is strange to see a PlayStation character to be in a Smash game which was made by their competitor i guess in the time of the 90s. I hope he is a really good fighter.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Cloud looks a lot like a mix of Shulk and the FE Chars. This should be fun.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Congrats, Cloud fans. You guys got a cross-slash into Smash.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I have literally no words. All I know is that I will main him. This... Was just so unexpected. With Cloud in this game, the floodgates have officially opened as wide as they can possibly be. ANYONE is now fair game.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
This came out of nowhere, but dang.
I still can't believe it was real. I thought I was lucky I got Robin. And now I also have Cloud! Out of NOWHERE.

And his moveset seems very closed to what I could have dreamed of. Climhazard as the Up-B? Check. Blade Beam and Cross Slash in there? Check. Limit break system that apperently enhances your next special attack? Check.

And just look at the attention to detail on the trialer.
They reference Cloud's motion sickness of all things!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The ONLY little thing from the trailer that niggles me is that the range of some of his moves seems a tad weak. The triple hit strike he uses to KO Robin seems like it will be shorter than Ike or Marth's Fsmash. That's troubling if that's Cloud's Fsmash.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Zero is uploading a video of him reacting to Cloud being revealed right now.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
This is a pleasant surprise nya! Congratulations Cloud fans and supporters nya! One of Final Fantasy's and gaming history's most iconic buster sword wielding character "storms into battle" nya! He looks absolutely incredible and I can't wait to mutilate the other characters with him nya! ^w^

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I honestly hadn't even thought of a FF character being added, but now that this is a reality, sign me up! I was going to be downloading the new character(s) no matter who got in, but I'm definitely trying out Cloud, as I've always had a thought in the back of my mind to play a FF game.
Also, congratulations all Cloud supporters!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The video is up!

He seems like he could be a good fighter.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
His reveal trailer got me excited especially that stage, which looks really epic.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Honestly, I thought this place would blow up even harder.
It's a good thing it didn't.
:196:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The video is up!

He seems like he could be a good fighter.

I'm more than a little bugged by how many people didn't realize who it was going to be once the music started. By the time the Final Fantasy logo appeared, I was already in tears.

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
The hype train is the realest it's ever been right now, like holy crap. I don't care if Cloud is godly or crap, I'm maining the frik out of this character.

Finally a DLC character I actually care about, let's goooooooooo!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'm more than a little bugged by how many people didn't realize who it was going to be once the music started. By the time the Final Fantasy logo appeared, I was already in tears.
When i saw the trailer in the Direct stream... I thought it was actually something else like they were going to Re-re-re-re-release FF7 by making a Wii U port. I never thought it would happen.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Gonna be honest I'm really interested in his Limit Break mechanics. But nah I really wanted a 2 hander. Got to fulfill my Guts quota.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
RIP all 10 shulk mains
Well,none of the sword fighters in smash four hold a candle to the top tiers so the trend will most likely continue for cloud.
Ike does pretty well against Sonic, Rosa
Robin does well in the Diddy MU
Ike has a good MU spread against the top half
His worst MUs being :4fox::4sheik:

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
FF7 is a great game, I really hope they don't under-do it in terms of music and trophies like they did with Street Fighter. There needs to be much more content on that front.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The hype train is the realest it's ever been right now, like holy crap. I don't care if Cloud is godly or crap, I'm maining the frik out of this character.

Finally a DLC character I actually care about, let's goooooooooo!
I haven't been this stoked for a DLC character since Mewtwo. Only I predict that Cloud will be at LEAST high-mid, with his speed, power, and flexibility. That Blade Beam looks like one hella good poke.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I haven't been this stoked for a DLC character since Mewtwo. Only I predict that Cloud will be at LEAST high-mid, with his speed, power, and flexibility. That Blade Beam looks like one hella good poke.
The only DLC character that beat Cloud in my hype was Roy, but holy hell, if this isn't amazing. I'm SO maining Cloud.

Last edited:

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
In all my years, I NEVER would've thought that thee Cloud Strife would make it here! He was such an out-of-left-field addition that he was only in Smash Flash 1 before this, and yet he's NOT in Smash Flash 2. 8O

Thankfully, Cloud is NO stranger to fighting games, for the very 1st one that he's ever been in, even before Dissidia, was Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring for the PS1 (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197216-ehrgeiz) and Arcade.

Here be some hilariously hype footage of it featuring Cloud and several other FF7 characters from the Kings of Poverty for RAINN! Classic Game Mystery Tournament. Major NSFW E-Sports UNfriendly language warning for the entirety of the event, though. Check out before and after this match for the other FF7 characters, and there's more Ehrgeiz footage in Part 8 of the Mystery Game Tournament.
I DO wonder if anything about his Ehrgeiz incarnation will make it here in Sm4sh...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wasn't really hyped for any of the DLC characters until Cloud showed up. I'm definitely gonna pick him up but that does not mean I'll replace Rosalina nor Mega Man as my mains.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hope you all got room in this train for one more. FF7 is my favorite FF and a top 5 game of mine so I'm super stoked. Something I said in the Robin boards.

"Couldn't have said it myself. :4robinf: may be the waifu but Cloud....Cloud is my adolescence. He is the reason why I got into JRPGs. And he was the first video game character I really felt a connection to since I felt his character development mirrored to a degree my own coming of age. His insecurities, his lack of confidence, his initially cold exterior, it all resonated with me when I was growing up. He came at the perfect time in my life. And I felt I grew along with him.

So if I start coming here less and less, you know why."

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hope you all got room in this train for one more. FF7 is my favorite FF and a top 5 game of mine so I'm super stoked. Something I said in the Robin boards.

"Couldn't have said it myself. :4robinf: may be the waifu but Cloud....Cloud is my adolescence. He is the reason why I got into JRPGs. And he was the first video game character I really felt a connection to since I felt his character development mirrored to a degree my own coming of age. His insecurities, his lack of confidence, his initially cold exterior, it all resonated with me when I was growing up. He came at the perfect time in my life. And I felt I grew along with him.

So if I start coming here less and less, you know why."
I am so onboard with this. I remember when the Robin trailer released, and I was like, "Welp, so much for Isaac and Cloud."
Also Splooshi Splashy Splooshi Splashy , I think Cloud's slide in the trailer will be his nod to Ehrgeiz. Either that or Sakurai just likes giving [EDIT: 3rd party] characters a sliding kick for their D-tilt...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Funny enough, Cloud is a lot like Robin in terms of their reveals. Both shattered expectations and were completely unexpected.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
so guys how do you deal with sheik? i need help with the mu, seems to be cloud's hardest one!

:^)

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
so guys how do you deal with sheik? i need help with the mu, seems to be cloud's hardest one!

:^)
lol. According to the trailer, the "answer" seems to be using limit break version of cross slash to punish bouncing fish.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sheik and ZSS will probably still be top of the food chain. Among others. Really interested in the LB gauge. How long does it last? Does it last forever until you used a special move to enhance it? Keep in mind your basic attacks are STRONGER when in LB mode. Or so I am hearing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom