• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

818 Tourneys!?

Noble-

Smash Ace
So...
I was wondering...
If I started a tournament series here in the 818, who would be willing to go?
It will be both Melee and Brawl!
I can find venue's no problem!
I got connections :DDDDD
I need Socal's and most importantly 818's opinion!!

mio

Smash Ace
805 will be there. 818 is closest place in Socal that is worth going to for us... we have to drive wayyy too far for everything else.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i have played it, fireball spam gets eaten by ex's and ultras, its not nearly as campy as super turbo, and super turbo was ****ing amazing.

really, if you are halfway decent you will ex wheel kick the face of every sagat who tries to tiger spam you, and once the match goes on long enough, you can ultra them as soon as they fireball. you probably just suck at the game

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
its the internet, i really couldn't care about proper word usage so long as the point gets across
your attitude of the internet provides much insight to why you fail as a person. communication is communication, no matter the medium. especially since the internet is by far the no. 1 future medium of the world.

your point gets across, but it also comes with a message attached that you didn't intend for: you're dumb.

gameophile

Smash Apprentice
So...
I was wondering...
If I started a tournament series here in the 818, who would be willing to go?
It will be both Melee and Brawl!
I can find venue's no problem!
I got connections :DDDDD
I need Socal's and most importantly 818's opinion!!
I would definitly go. and i know other people at csun that might want to.

mio

Smash Ace
your attitude of the internet provides much insight to why you fail as a person. communication is communication, no matter the medium. especially since the internet is by far the no. 1 future medium of the world.

your point gets across, but it also comes with a message attached that you didn't intend for: you're dumb.
I. Capitalize the first letter of every sentence unless you are quoting something that was originally lower-cased.

II. "of" is not the correct preposition to follow "attitude" in the context that you are using it. It is always either "attitude towards" or "attitude about" in the sense that you are trying to say. The only time you would use the phrase "attitude of" is if you were use a characteristic afterwards (such as "his attitude of optimism" or "their attitude of jealousy")

III. "especially since the internet is by for the no. 1 future medium of the world."

There are several things wrong with this sentence.
1. Because you started the sentence off with the word "especially", you have created what's called a dependent clause. In order to make this a complete sentence, you must either add something before it, combine it with the previous sentence or enclose one of your thoughts in parentheses or dashes.
2. The proper way to make abbreviations is to capitalize at least the first letter (such as the word you used, "number"). I'll show some sentences that work:

-"Communication is communication (no matter the medium), especially since the internet is by far the No. 1 future medium of the world."
-"Communication is communication---no matter the medium---especially since the internet is by far the No. 1 future medium of the world."
-"Communication is communication, no matter the medium. This is especially true because the internet is by far the No. 1 future medium of the world."***
-"Communication is communication, no matter the medium (especially since the internet is by far the No. 1 future medium of the world)."

*** - Indicates the most grammatically sound sentence.

IV. Anyone can be a language Nazi. Whether words are spelled or formed correctly, the important part of communication is that the meaning, intention or thought is portrayed to the reader. The internet is a place where this is particularly popular due to the fact that you don't have to write "I'll talk to you later" and can cut the time in half by just writing "ttyl".

Communication IS communication, and that's why I don't think it matters whether it comes in a formal or informal structure (unless you're in a formal setting and it will benefit you in some way). You just need to get the intended idea across and that's all that's necessary. I believe this is why most people recognize music, art, dance and drama as being so much more expressive than straight words.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm not even going to read that post outside of the first sentence, but it does confirm that mio is an idiot.

any objections?

replicate

Smash Lord
shut the **** up mio
nobody is impressed

also: can't host anything big at my house
but I can probably leave for a lot of the weekend or something and do things elsewhere

mio

Smash Ace
Why does everyone think I'm just out for my own hidden agenda whenever I react to something that I think is extremely malicious and/or ignorant? Could it perhaps be because I think these types of posts should be questioned? It's the exact same thing that you all do, just with more words.

It amazes me that every time I make a post, people can never say what's wrong with it other than the fact that they're annoyed. People are never able to tell me HOW my words aren't necessary, lack reason or fail to contribute to the topic. Why do so many people have problem with my posts over the people who just straight up insult or spam with things like "ROFLAMOFUX YOU'RE STUPID, GO DIE BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES YOU" or "BARLWS gHahahahahaaaa lolo". If you guys really don't appreciate my "sheer stupidity" and think I'm that much of a noob, then put me on your ignore list and stfu because I'm not here for your approval. Until then I'll reserve the right to keep speaking my mind in a respectful, rational manner.

And if you guys are the type that like to claim that they don't take the internet seriously, then there is absolutely no reason why any of my words should bother you.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
+rep get on AIM

I kinda want to go to 805 today, is that cool?

mio, you are clueless. you are so clueless, in fact, that it defeats the purpose to inform you just how clueless you are. it's so ridiculous that you should figure it out yourself. take a step back, wonder why everyone thinks you're clueless, and critically analyze yourself. it's rare that i don't even give people the time of day -- most times i can't resist responding to something and going back and forth well past the beating a head horse mark. but you, you're so ridiculous that it's easy to never take you seriously. don't you get it?

mio

Smash Ace
K so let me verify my diagnosis:

1. I'm trying too hard.

2. This is the internet.

3. I'm clueless and intensely stupid, so I don't get "it".

4. Because of my obvious failure at life, I should give up trying whatever I'm doing.

Let's just say that these four things are entirely true. I'll even agree with you guys on them. But the question from there is: If I am such a failure and will never have any hope of improvement, then why does this have such a negative affect on you two that you need to respond to my posts with some sort of insult almost every time I make them? Why am I not on your ignore lists?

Straight

Smash Journeyman
818? of course Ill go. The more the merrier.
Hugs and wolf too most likely.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Why does everyone think I'm just out for my own hidden agenda whenever I react to something that I think is extremely malicious and/or ignorant? Could it perhaps be because I think these types of posts should be questioned? It's the exact same thing that you all do, just with more words.

It amazes me that every time I make a post, people can never say what's wrong with it other than the fact that they're annoyed. People are never able to tell me HOW my words aren't necessary, lack reason or fail to contribute to the topic. This is because none of my posts break the rules, instead they just challenge certain people or things that aren't normally challenged (and OH SHIZ people don't like it when their boat is rocked). Why do so many people have problem with my posts over the people who just straight up insult or spam with things like "ROFLAMOFUX YOU'RE STUPID, GO DIE BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES YOU" or "BARLWS gHahahahahaaaa lolo". If you guys really don't appreciate my "sheer stupidity" and think I'm that much of a noob, then put me on your ignore list and stfu because I'm not here for your approval. Until then I'll reserve the right to keep speaking my mind in a respectful, rational manner.

And if you guys are the type that like to claim that they don't take the internet seriously, then there is absolutely no reason why any of my words should bother you.
because you're trying way to hard, and nobody is reading more than one sentence of your post, then after we realize how much effort you put, we move to the next post.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
when will you guys learn?

you cant win against P, not that theres any reason to try either.

YOUR just wasting your time/losing face.

:(

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
yea *** P... lol jpjp i wouldnt mind checking this out havent gone to a tournament for a year or so lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Top Bottom