• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

825 BPM -- Free Pizza and Drinks!! Ft. Teczero ;)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Unless someone gives me a really good argument, the rule will not change. Pretty firm on this choice.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I love the stage list a lot to the point where I am going to make that the Nebraska one. Except I'm going to add DK64 to CP's because I like
playing on dreamland
7 stages better for counter picking.

Explanation was perfect imo.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think DK64 is too degenerate, but as a tier ***** I don't really care. It'd affect samus/ganon/doc/ICs much worse than me. Marth isn't that bad there, either, tbh.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Since buffer hasn't been shown to skew tournament results and it can be turned on at an individual basis, I would allow my opponent to use buffer. (I would be even more enthusiastic about allowing buffer if it makes the game more enjoyable and accessible to players; the buffer system was implemented for that very reason and it got some very strong Brawl players like Reflex interested in the game.) I don't mean any disrespect at all towards you, Sveet, when I say this, but I will allow my opponents to use buffer if they request it. The way I see it, it's like playing on a banned stage - if both players agree to it, then it's fine.

kd-

Smash Lord
The only reason there even are counterpicks is because stage striking requires an odd number of stages to be balanced.

If we assume battlefield is the middle stage in both blastzone size and stage size, the other 4 stages can be viewed as larger or smaller relative to battlefield.

[COLLAPSE="picture"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Pokemon Stadium completes the pattern perfectly, while Final Destination breaks the mold. Also, I think the symmetry between Fountain and Stadium is quite nice.
Pretty good explanation

you see that line in the middle of your graph?

that's FD
Lmfao

sanchaz

Smash Lord
All matches should be played on battlefield. Everyone is happy. No stage transformations, no platforms rising, no wind, no shyguys, and no 0 to deaths.

I want it to be just me and my rival. Eh, my two cents.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Maybe TO's can limit the maximum buffer to 3 or 5 frames instead of Brawl's 10. Most fighting games have at least a few buffer frames, right? Why not this fighting game? I can't imagine that it will be a whole lot easier to exploit shine with just a few frames of buffer.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
When I ran P:M a while ago, the rules were 0 buffer or 50% buffer. By the end of the night no one was using buffer anymore.

I'm not going to enter P:M unless I'm sitting on a stack of cash or something since this is literally the 3rd stop before I'm back into Nebraska from a 20 day vacation so I don't care either way ...

but that's what happened.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
You can't 0-death on battlefield?
You can technically 0 to death on every stage, but you need to guess the tech on the platform, unless they DI on the platform where they fall off. FD is just guarantee, regardless of di in some matchups.

If I grab falco or fox on FD with fox, thats a dead character. There is no reason to not chaingrab if it leads to a kill everytime.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can't do it. Work the previous night plus I'm already hosting a Michigan tourney on the same day.

However...

I predict Teczero will be taking this tourney.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've decided that for melee, if we break 30 entrants top 8 in the bracket will be bo5. Top 12 will be bo5 if theres 40 and top 16 for 50 entrants.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Nope, never.

Its one of those things people kinda just attached to my name for whatever reason.

Its not really a big deal to me, I just think it looks better without 2 capitals lmao.

Top Bottom