• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th BEST: MK banned; Venue fits 100!

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'm pro-ban not because MK is dominant in the metagame, but because he isn't healthy for the community. Makes a lot of people only play for money, which is stupid. Plus now that he's banned I'm sure brawl's overall metagame will advance much quicker.

But I also think Brawl backroom is pretty stupid and so is the unity ruleset.

Edit@Mana: You realize MK took like more than half of U.S. brawl money last year on his own? That's a sign of a character with too much dominance. And while Smash Boards should have no say in the MK ban, I do feel smash players should wake the **** up and realize that this character is too good. But you know, most people abuse this character, so why would they want him gone? So maybe the push by the unity ruleset was good.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Only reason to play him for money?? Aka to win?? No **** do you play to be a ****ing loser *****

:phone:
Not what I meant. Meaning the only reason they stay in the smash community is to get money, not to get money playing a the game.

I like how you're so salty over a ruleset decision in a game you don't play. lol.

WOBBLING BANNED PFFT OF COURSE ICS GONNA WOBBLE WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY LIKE A ****ING LOSER *****? HERPDERP

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
As I posted in the Utican thread, I can bring a Wii with Smash Stack for infinite replays. However, I won't be able to bring a tv with me, so if someone can bring an extra tv to accommodate for my Wii, that would be great.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Tyrant, I have six tvs that come from the venue without consoles, so you're okay if you just bring the Wii. That doesn't mean people shouldn't bring stuff if they can though.

Do people want any side events?

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
My doubles partner will not be teaming with me this tournament. I was wondering if anyone would want to team with me. Mainly doing it for fun. I'm the lucas main that went under the name axiem last time, if any of you remember me. Also, low tier would be fun.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
My doubles partner will not be teaming with me this tournament. I was wondering if anyone would want to team with me. Mainly doing it for fun. I'm the lucas main that went under the name axiem last time, if any of you remember me. Also, low tier would be fun.
tis a shame that lucas/zamus team strat was really cool

Sharky

Smash Master
beta wanna team?

edit: my techskill is going through the roof right now with DR, expect a new sharky this tourney =D

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If we have enough time. It would be really cool to see low tiers happen this time. Also, draft crews are always fun.

Paramedic

Smash Rookie
New to Smashboards, cool to see Upstate keeping the action going. Might get a carpool just to check it out though it'll be a pilgrimage.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I asked L-Don and if I make this he'll be coming too. Guess he quit wifi but still enjoys the offline scene.

Vibe vs L-Don anyone? :troll:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Call of work and come. Low tiers please, or mid idc. Confirmed for this. Sharky txt me didn't save ur number.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if I'm coming to this, but would it be possible to get a ride from Syracuse (Erk? Sharky?)?

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Yo, probably won't be going to this but I wanted to give big props and a shoutout to Tiger10x. Glad these are getting the turnout and attention they deserve, man. Wish I could make it.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I don't know, I think cpu Luigi would overcentralise that.
In case you didn't know cpu doubles is a person teaming with a cpu. To prevent overcentralizing, the cpu could be random, even if that means there's more luck involved.

Best kind of event I've heard of. =D

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
In case you didn't know cpu doubles is a person teaming with a cpu. To prevent overcentralizing, the cpu could be random, even if that means there's more luck involved.

Best kind of event I've heard of. =D
I knew it was teaming with a cpu, but I imagine everyone would choose Luigi, with maybe some picking Pika, Peach, or Olimar.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Probably need to take 2 cars from syracuse.
confirmed

1. Cura
2. Erk
3. Beta
4. Sharky
5. David
6. James G
7. Dan
8. Spamus

Maybe.
9. Trademark

We'd have to do a car of 5 and a car of 4 if everyone goes. sharky and erk driving.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
hey, a tournament

ill try and make sure i have work off, as well as trying to get CJT to go.
You had me at hello.
I'll def go to this, so long as I don't forget about it.
You pretty much just take I 90 West the entire way. It's about a 3 hour drive. If you mean public transit, I'm almost certain there are buses that run from boston to Albany, where someone could definitely pick you up.
I can most likely pick up from albany.
i am not going to a mk banned event even though i do not play brawl, i stress all players to not go to this tournament.
oh wow, he's got a point. nvm guys, im not going anymore.
3 hours from school? not too bad. idk how i would get there though. i may be bringing back my 08' brawl skills for this. Melee should be fun!
Are you ithaca? I think theres an ithaca crew going

rob = new top tier
This.
as long as you ignore his bad matchups against almost every other high tier character

Would anyone like to team with me this time?
I'd be interested if no one's gotten to you on that yet. I can make it to some of the friday night smashes if you wanna practice and whatnot. Also, sorry I couldn't give you a ride last time, I had made plans and needed to be back in time. I can almost definitely give you a lift there this time, as long as I plan to do so beforehand.
Edit: i'm most likely confirmed for this now :)
Dis I like to hear
Tyrant, I have six tvs that come from the venue without consoles, so you're okay if you just bring the Wii.
I traded my tv for a bigger tv, which is great except for the fact that its too big to drive :/ I have my wii though.
Do people want any side events?
Proj M, Mid Tiers, Low tiers, idk
confirmed:
a lot
We'd have to do a car of 5 and a car of 4 if everyone goes. sharky and erk driving.
Syracuse pullin through. good ****

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
So far it looks like low tiers for at least a Brawl side event. Would Brawl people be interested in starting that before Brawl doubles or later during singles? I'd probably prefer later. Melee's more free to do stuff after Melee singles ends during Brawl doubles.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Anyone mind giving me and maybe others from Binghamton a ride? We would share gas money etc.

Thanks

-Cross-

Smash Ace
confirmed

1. Cura
2. Erk
3. Beta
4. Sharky
5. David
6. James G
7. Dan
8. Spamus

Maybe.
9. Trademark

Would there still be room for one more on this? I live near Utica (Clinton, NY) to be exact, and it's on the way to Troy. I'm not confirmed for this tourney, but would very much like to go.

Top Bottom