• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

Life After Death

Smash Champion
No one in CFL is helping me get better, Rx- keeps offering but i need to play with Colbol, teach me melee and i'll start attending i need to brush up severly on some tech skills so i can own you chopz and hbox lol jk seriously though help me with melee next tournament we are at, that goes to chopz too not hbox i want someone to help me get better by noticing what i do wrong not by constantly resting me at 2% and killing me
go over their place and train. next gigs ill try to tell u somethings. if ur a visual learner, ur teacher will be VIDS NOTHING BUT VIDS WATCH VIDS. watch ken and m2k. theres so many matches of them. but first learn L cancel b4 tryna play like em. though so its no necessary to watch vids right no if u aint got l cancel down at all or wavedaash.

play people ur evel if ur tryna apply new **** u wanna learn cuz if u play colbol or hungry they wont let u do anything. u prolly learn the game alto faster playing people ur level or below u cuz ur samrt already u only really need to know when and how to apply what u learned on people. try out new **** on ****ty players. then try em out on players like colbol or anyone above u

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
......chu isn't coming regardless cuz it's in CFL. Well at least that's what he told me. He wouldn't go to gigs either. Gigs wouldn't hold tournaments two weeks running...

The prices, though, are looking like they will be raised. And people who can't pay it are just poop. 15 and 10 for singles/dubs respectively.

Seibrik is having a tournament right after this in SFL anyways. And if no one really wants brawl here, i'll take it out and when the tournament finishes the entire rest of the day can be devoted to friendlies.

The only reason I was having brawl was so that non-melee players wouldn't be bored as hell (unless they enjoy getting beat because they are learning)

So there's a kinda-sorta compromise.

PS: Chopz, the last melee tournament was in SFL...

Life After Death

Smash Champion
cancel this and ill try to go to the next one u host. dont be dumb kid THINK for once. reschedule it. the zp tourney has already been made. ZP HAS AC NOW JUST A HEADS UP.

Linguini Presents: Get Melee Smashed-01/03/09- Chudat will be there!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to side with hbox on this one, why are ya'll gonna try to override his tourney, thats not cool i know that ya'll could probably care less because right now i'm a melee scrub but hbox is trying to bring the community together by having both brawl and melee, all i see is that he's trying to help out, i'll try to make this if your still up for doing this, last time you held a house tourney no SFL showed up, so don't compromise with them because a Pro is in town, They wouldn't travel four hours to come if they wouldn't be there.............call this post dumb or whatever but dont try to get him to cancel his tourney thats been planned for over a month or so ago

Life After Death

Smash Champion
its not like he's payign for the venue. no one is getting hurt. if anything he hsould just host a brawl tourney this date. i thnk its a good sacrifice thougght a big tourney over a mini tourney/smashfest is better anytime anyday. if anything he'd rather go to zp. more peole more competition more tvs. better players. and he gets to play CHUDAT and SHIZ. sounds like something hungry will go for unless he cant go lol

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to side with hbox on this one, why are ya'll gonna try to override his tourney, thats not cool i know that ya'll could probably care less because right now i'm a melee scrub but hbox is trying to bring the community together by having both brawl and melee, all i see is that he's trying to help out, i'll try to make this if your still up for doing this, last time you held a house tourney no SFL showed up, so don't compromise with them because a Pro is in town, They wouldn't travel four hours to come if they wouldn't be there.............call this post dumb or whatever but dont try to get him to cancel his tourney thats been planned for over a month or so ago
qft. Just because Chu is coming, obviously tons of plans should be changed just for him.

If he really wanted to go to a tourney, he would drive far, but hes only looking to profit, thats why he won't go to Juans.

Pritch

Smash Lord
*agrees with above*

Really kind of a **** move guys. Schedule it for the next day or somthing. Hell, it's christmas break, schedule it during the week. But scheduling it for the exact same day as somthing that's been in the works for a while is pretty ********, and it'll only hurt the attendance for both tournaments.

The house tournament thing is kind of a lame reason too. LTEC was a "house tourney" Xif and doodah have run multiple "house tourneys." Last I checked they were all good tourneys.

Pritch

Smash Lord
No, not "his choice." I think it's pretty obvious he's had this situation thrust upon him forcibly.

He was first, has had this in the works for a month or so. Like, you guys can go ahead and run this, it's not like anyone can stop you or anything. But acting like it's his fault for creating this situation is just idiotic.

It'd be so easy to avoid this situation too. It's the holidays, for heaven's sake. Any day between now ~a week or so after new years is totally fair game. Why deliberately try to cause problems?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
cancelling this will only hurt the brawl players lol. thats all. but who cares its brawl. all the good BRAWL players should just play melee. just cuz they got smarts and they can learn the game fast.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Chops, seriously man. Read what I'm saying instead of just posting up brawl vs melee stuff. I don't like brawl, I'm with you on that. But the point is that there's ALL OF THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY that this could be run and you guys choose specifically the date that there is already a tournament being planned, then go "hey everyone, come to our tournament that we threw together at the last minute instead of this one that has been in the works for the past month."

Life After Death

Smash Champion
all he did was make a thread its not much work. and i didnt make the zp thread im just going along with the date. talk to emilio about it.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
brawl players should play melee.

Why should they have to ?

Sure you may go on to say that melee is a better game with all the fancy AT's, the mind games, pretty much the **** load of fun that you can have (and I couldn't agree more as I, a brawl player, am now getting into the melee scene after watching members of WATO play melee) but what about from a brawl player perspective or those who like the game in general? Don't go and cause a ****load of shenanigans just cause' you can't have your way with Melee only.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
melee vs brawl?

ok, who in the **** threw me into a time machine, cause im not supposed to be back in April 2008.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
its not like he's payign for the venue. no one is getting hurt. if anything he hsould just host a brawl tourney this date. i thnk its a good sacrifice thougght a big tourney over a mini tourney/smashfest is better anytime anyday. if anything he'd rather go to zp. more peole more competition more tvs. better players. and he gets to play CHUDAT and SHIZ. sounds like something hungry will go for unless he cant go lol
personally i'd love to come to this but me and hbox are probably in the same boat, we probably dont want to travel 6+ hours to go to a tourny

Life After Death

Smash Champion
it isnt about brawl vs melee cuz everyone knows brawl loses to melee easily. its me tryna convince my ***** hungry to cancel his tourney. its his choice. not forcing him. he still my ***** no hate.

nick. its 3 hours away son. i know hungry would travel to it np. just cuz i know he wants to play the players going to it. but he wants to host this tourney. thats his thing thats his thing

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it isnt about brawl vs melee cuz everyone knows brawl loses to melee easily. its me tryna convince my ***** hungry to cancel his tourney. its his choice. not forcing him. he still my ***** no hate.

nick. its 3 hours away son. i know hungry would travel to it np. just cuz i know he wants to play the players going to it. but he wants to host this tourney. thats his thing thats his thing
point being, id be the one driving. and im not driving 3 hours to go to a melee tourney when i could be doing better things with my saturday

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah, im gonna have to agree that throwing this tourney on the same day is a such a bad move. And linguini even kinda threatened him, like "if you dont make it how i want it im gonna throw my tourney. It's just a pretty **** move however you put it. He intentionally did it on that one date, so he'd get what he wanted. Yeah, dates of tournaments sometimes happen on the same date, but he did it purposefully on this date just to get what he wants. Why not hold it on another date that is not taken yet?

-hiro

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
What am I thinking about when I think of an event located at freedom high school?
Is that what this is?

If not what was I thinking of?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
yes chops, you know i love to play pros and see how I do, especially dsw and cd...

But come on man, be rational. I announced this in October, and I've been looking forward to it for a while now. 2 months advance will definitely bring more players, even if they are first-timers. If you simply move the tournament to another week (hell, another day, lol) this will most likely have about 30 people or more...

And yeah, I like ZP tournaments, and you probably want me to be there so we can give each other good competition. Hiro, pritch, hrnut, stafu, gdx, etc have good points...

Acedudeyeah: The freedom tourney was cancelled to January, and I will see if OOSchoolers can come. But this here is a house tournament, and you'll get way better competition here than at Freedom High.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna come to this with like 10 people.

now im just gonna go to linguinis by myself cuz the convenience is limitless.

Top Bottom