• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 MD/VA C3 Presents the September Tournament SSBM Singles/Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
THE RUNDOWN, but without stiffler, only the ROCK

good **** plank. thats just what this tourney needs, some plank a-hole-ness. good ****.

ill clear things up a tad. i want things to be as comfortable as possible, ESPECIALLY the OOSers. the last two C3s had witnessed some gripes from many smashers, but now everything is to be run by TA so you can trust everything will be "hot and amazing".

LOCK-IN FRIDAY NIGHT - $5- The last lock-in had everyone kicked out at roughly 7:40AM. i will personally speak with David to make sure this does not happen again. I know i didn't pay $5 to get woken up and given the boot after 2 hours of sleep....well, i did, but my point is I won't let it happen again. This is a great option for OOS travelers who don't want to leave early in the morning. For a fee of $5 starting at 9pm, you can play melee all night and even stay at the venue overnight, just be sure to bring SLEEPING EQUIPMENT!

People have complained about the speed of the tournament, and the lack of friendlies. This can all be fixed by BRINGING SETUPS!! IIRC, C3 has two projector screens, two big screens, and roughly 10 more regular TVs. CUBES ARE ESSENTIAL! If you can't bring a TV, at least bring a cube, because there are TVs there to use. TVs are also welcome to bring as well, the more setups the better. This will ensure a fast and comfortable tournament.

Aho has everything set up pretty clearly on the first page. If theres any questions or concerns, be sure to ask me. like i said i want everyone to be comfortable (except cactuar, because he makes me uncomfortable lol :))

g-regulate

Smash Hero
AND if everything gets done early enough, we could even rock MD vs VA crew battle? or perhaps even MD/VA vs EVERYONE ELSE!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah too true greg.. and as far as other fighting games, they won't be there at all anymore so we get all the TV's to ourselves.

Good **** smash, good ****.

md/va vs. everyone who be awesome lol if we got good OOS showings.

edit: nice stuff vanz :)

Repryx

Smash Champion
yo me and korn got dis,yo BRK we still gotta crew battle since FOB left the last one.and unlike the last one i will be issuing money matches.
I plan on not being nervous (Or hungry for that matter) SO how many Crew Membes will you have (So I can see If im gonna be in this one) BTW I learnd how to do that cool wall jump thingy you was doin...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Can you explain team seeding a bit more? For instance, is team seeding based off a specific team that continues to enter C3 tournaments, or how well certain people place in team matches (even though they may not particularly have the same teammate, they continue to place well with others)? Me and Vist took 2nd the past two C3's and I just got 3rd with KM. Would I have to team with either of those two to get a good seeding for the next tournament?

Everyone plan to bring set-ups in advance. If you are bringing a Gamecube/Wii and/or a TV, post here so Aho can update the front page with how many set-ups are estimated to arrive. For those who came to the lock-in and a few hours into Saturday morning, there weren't enough Gamecubes or copies of Smash.
Quoted for quote sake. I'll most likely only be able to bring a copy of Smash if I take the metro.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Fosho, let me know exactly how many people you have. I'll see what I can do. If all else fails, to stay at the venue overnight is only $5 per person, and i'll stay too and play with you guys.

So I talked to aho, and i'll obviously be there and helping, along with waving my Nazi flag and DQ'ing people who arent there on time around every corner.

Teams are starting at 12:00 PM
Promptly.

Registration starts at 11, the tournament starts at 12. Don't plan to get there at 12, because if you get there at 12:01 you aren't enterring. Tough cookies. There will be no "send me to losers" jank either, because that just screws over the teams who got there on time in losers bracket.

So yea, we're going to be cracking down no matter who you are. You aren't special because you're good at a game. Fair warning. The only people who I have sympathy at all for are the OOSers who have to travel 4 hours and get up early to make it by 12. However, at least then they will be able to get home at a reasonable hour if they so choose. Im sure it's worth the tradeoff. Everyone from VA who shows up at 2:30 PM for teams is just pitiful.

Since we'll be starting on time, we won't have to start singles while teams is still going.

Between teams and singles there will be a 30 minute break for people to get food.

This prevents people from leaving during singles to say they had to get food etc etc etc. Since no teams will be left, nobody has any excuses and people who don't show up for matches within (x) minutes of the time they're called will be disqualified.

Ill also bring my vcr next month and record intriguing matches then upload them within the next few days.

The Rundown

Teams starts at 12. After teams ends, there will be a 30 minute break to get food before singles starts. Nobody then has any excuses to not be at their matches on time, so we will promptly DQ people for not showing up for their matches.

Sorry to be a complete dick, but the innefficiency of tournaments these days is just disgusting.
hows that chillin?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
FoSho, It's probably best that we just stay at the venue then. If you guys dont wanna pay the $5 each i can probably try to help out, lol. If robin's gone, who is going to advertise/run the other tournaments? Anyway whatever it's all good, people just need to bring setups.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
go aho, for setting this up.

ima try to make this, aero and I are both incoming freshman at UMCP, i'll check if he has a car. neone else going from CP willing to give me a ride?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i still hold all my mms from previous C3 that never happened.

rei, redd, CK, shinku, slikvik-$5

you can put me up for a wii, i'll check if rebel wants is coming and will bring a TV/Wii.

Repryx

Smash Champion
btw im at Velius, and yea hes pretty hard but ill figure it out im g-reg
Blues (it seems) and I are Willing to share strats w/ you but first let the 4 armed sheep destroy you and frustrate you beyond beleif MUWAHAHAHAHA

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Yeah too true greg.. and as far as other fighting games, they won't be there at all anymore so we get all the TV's to ourselves.

Good **** smash, good ****.

md/va vs. everyone who be awesome lol if we got good OOS showings.

edit: nice stuff vanz :)
OK I choose M2K to go first.

-AxlT

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
who all will be coming down with u, axlt? i hope NJ all decides to show.

u guys, the tunes, and TSA all.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
This time samus is gonna do some ****in damage... No more playing nice!

[Edit]: Inferno Omni... Want to team?
-AxlT

Hi Alex! =)

i still hold all my mms from previous C3 that never happened.

rei, redd, CK, shinku, slikvik-$5

you can put me up for a wii, i'll check if rebel wants is coming and will bring a TV/Wii.

I won't be here, I'm done.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
got lonish brown hair, glasses, acne (probably just described half the people playing, but i hope to resolve this soon) probably be wearing a hawaiian shirt and complaining my controller sucks and I TOLD IT TO JUMP BUT IT DIDN'T AND WTF I SAID USMASH YOU GOD ****ED DECREPID PIECE OF **** ****ED ***** *********************************!!?##?!?!

Well maybe not.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why are you guys ******** like this

just ask around "hey do you know who slikvik is" or "hey do you know who chred2akrisp is" and i can guarantee that within 4 tries you'll find your guy

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

just ask around "hey do you know who slikvik is" or "hey do you know who chred2akrisp is" and i can guarantee that within 4 tries you'll find your guy
I don't see why you always have to say something. Just let them do what they want. =/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master

because i'm ****ing lazy. and i hadn't been to a tourney in about 2.5 years, so vik would have had to ask about....oh everybody to find me. not sure if vik was even at the 7/7/07 C3, last one i was at.

and why the **** do you care? It saddens me to see mean peoples on teh int3rne3ts.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what do you mean "lazy"

you'd rather sit here and try to describe yourself so well that someone in a poorly-lit place will be able to single you out despite you probably staring at a screen most of the time?

i'd imagine taking the 10 seconds to ask someone about him would be much much easier

and redd; i don't care, it doesn't affect me, but it WILL save them time and ridiculous effort. if you don't want to take my advice, that's fine. this isn't something i'm really looking to argue about though; if it were me, i'd ask around, but if you're more comfortable describing each other then fine, do whatever works for you

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
what do you mean "lazy"

you'd rather sit here and try to describe yourself so well that someone in a poorly-lit place will be able to single you out despite you probably staring at a screen most of the time?

i'd imagine taking the 10 seconds to ask someone about him would be much much easier

and redd; i don't care, it doesn't affect me, but it WILL save them time and ridiculous effort. if you don't want to take my advice, that's fine. this isn't something i'm really looking to argue about though; if it were me, i'd ask around, but if you're more comfortable describing each other then fine, do whatever works for you
i like how this man thinks

Echo

Smash Champion
would anyone be able to give me a lift from the airport if i attend?... i'm sure i'd convince someone else to come with me, too...

Fonz

Smash Ace
I too enjoy PockyD's style. His posts are good, but his writing style is awesome. You don't find many people online who use hyphens and semicolons and all other punctuation that applies mid-sentence but ignore capitalization and periods altogether. =P

Zero34

Smash Lord
wow, aho plank hosted c3 you say? ill be there. thank goodness we dont have to lose tv's to other fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom