• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

909 / Pomona / Claremont / Diamond Bar / Rancho Cucomonga

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
ryan, how long have you been abusing drugs?

i abused drugs for... three-plus years. and while i wouldn't change my experiences for the world, i also recognize how thoroughly they ****ed me up.

if you're using anything more often than once every two weeks -- and that's being generous; psychedelics shouldn't be used more than once or twice a year imo; a reasonable goal for the first year of recovery is once every two or three months -- you're terrorizing your brain and body.

don't believe me? make a thread about it on bluelight. be completely honest; they don't give a ****. 170K people are registered on that site and they've heard it all. tons of people have done harder stuff than either of us and are going through the recovery now. i've been going through recovery the past year and, combined with all the research i've done and things i've learned about the brain and how the world works, i'd say i'm a decent authority.

i'm just being real with you. i really don't have anything against you. i've been the only person in the entire community who's ever accepted you, no? from day one you've been ostracized and i'm the only one who will still come over, who still treats you as i'd like to be treated even after being disrespected time and time again.

i've tried to say things here and there IRL but it doesn't feel right; it's not my place and you're a defensive individual. i'm better with text and it's easier to read the truth than to hear it.

tl;dr: you're a flake in part because you abuse drugs. they have dehumanized you. it takes a man to admit he's unhappy and needs help. most men lead lives of quiet desperation (c) henry david thoreau. don't be most men.

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the drug part adam. I'm pretty sure its the reason i've been so ****ed up lately. Maybe medical marijuana wasn't the best thing that has happened to me, but it probably wont change anytime soon (I work in a clinic). I know it didn't work out for another smasher as well (he gave me the idea in the first place back in the day). Whatever though its 'just weed';)

I know the reason i'm a flake is because I'm stoned stupid day in and day out. If you didn't notice it's pretty hard to even concentrate on a single task for more than 20 minutes now for me, probably explains my horrible smash playing.

Also I our most recent plans fell out because I crashed my Impala again, over 3 grams of weed. Long story short someone tried to rob me and I blocked the street with my car and he ran me down. I know excuses mean nothing since I make them all the time, but really why are you hating? I'm pretty sure you're not the popular guy on the pac west and you cant say I havent hooked you up in the past. :oneeye:

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
you cant say I havent hooked you up in the past. :oneeye:
You most definitely have. I know you have a good heart. (And I definitely don't mean to imply I've been perfect; I've displayed ****ish behavior in various circumstances towards you as well.)

Let's smash with Selodin!

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to play somewhere todayy. What happened to shortyj anddd seldon(sp?) call me

909 833 5485, i'll be driving around all day so if you want to play call.

edit: it's Selodin* :3

Selodin

2PAC
I'm down to play somewhere todayy. What happened to shortyj anddd seldon(sp?) call me

909 833 5485, i'll be driving around all day so if you want to play call.

edit: it's Selodin* :3
yo, yea im down to play whenever i think adam went somewhere though maybe if he gets back?

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
my bad, i got caught up in anaheim. i was overly ambitious in thinking i could get back at a decent time.

not like boba ever got back to me though.

ryan (metameme) told me he's busy fri/sat with family. if boba doesn't get back to either of us soon... i have one last option.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dude smoking everyday

is awful as far as i'm concerned
why would you want to become reliant on something and *** up ur brain's normal operating state

**** sux

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
replicate in the 909 thread thats based.

rare as f***.

we smoked back in the day.

:awesome:

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
this friday? is cpp even gonna be open?

909 is ****ting the bed re leadership. i text jake and this ***** gives me the standard smasher runaround: "i'll text you back later," followed by no response. nothing personal but i tend to distance myself from people who dont follow through.

i can host this wednesday if all parties involved are down. i have 2 (maybe 3) TVs, a nice-sized living room and a chill *** mom who wont care how late we play. there's even a mad cheap pizza place in the area where you can get like 30 slices for 10 bucks. (and the quality isnt bad at all.)

i broached the topic w/ johnny (S2J) and jeremy (fly amanita) and they said they were down, johnny if the smashfest is held late (he has class). i can give jeremy a ride. i am also 2-3 miles from CPP if you guys want to join (and ryan is 3 miles from em as well).

matt (stabbedbyahobo) and jason (little eaglin) could carpool, maybe sherigami too if he's still in rancho.

i'll double-check on johnny and jeremy cuz they're the heavy hitters. the only people i desperately want to play are them and jason. **** all you other flakes!

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
smashfest confirmed:

time: 6pm

contact: 909-242-5429 (text or phone is fine. my aim is the hero loto.)

confirmed attendees:

Neighborhood P
Smoke2Jointz
Sung
Fly Amanita
Stabbedbyanipple

If you're not one of these players and you wanna come hit me up.

i am strongly considering having a tiered setup:

TV 1: Winners TV. The Johnnys and Jeremies shall monopolize this. Lose two consecutive games and you go back to TV 2.

TV 2: Challengers TV. Win two consecutive and you earn the right to challenge Johnny and Jeremy. Lose two consecutive and you go back to TV 3.

TV 3: The noob TV. Must win two consecutive matches to move to TV 2.

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
Damn wish i saw this sooner and that I didnt lose my phone. :urg:

edit: is this today or tomorrow ?

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
hey

this smashfest was awesome

im pretty proud of my games vs fly and johnny, considering theyre both probably the best players of their character

we gotta do this again sometime

SUNG475

Smash Ace
I need to get so much better, I don't think we can play at oxy since dendy is at minnesota for thanksgivin break...anyone got a place we can play at?

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
A few hours at least I can also drive to whoever wants to play. Someone hit me up before I go to a kick back instead..

Top Bottom