• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

909 / Pomona / Claremont / Diamond Bar / Rancho Cucomonga

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
:) dude is (909) getting sum hype and players that are dwn to play ? sweet :)
Yo JR i got your gas moneys :) i didnt forget. I dont got a car anymore... IM saving up for a new one but ya getting around ill have to depend on rc and ben :p

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I wanted to call that number back before we left, but it was a private number :( how can you take a situation that you created as a sign? give me a number where i can call or text you back, and we can actually work something out.
i left a message with my number...

^ lol ya man ur the hardest guy to reach in socal.
to be my typically blunt self you have no idea what you're talking about. do you know how hypocritical you sound when you admitted you don't have internet? what's more ubiquitous, internet or a cell phone? the friggin public library has free internet. every college campus in the world has a library with internet.

furthermore i posted my info in this thread for you multiple times. is it now my responsibility to ninja my number in your address book? it irks me when people accuse me of something and are blatantly wrong. 1+1 does not equal 3.

jr wake up cuz ima call u

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice

to be my typically blunt self you have no idea what you're talking about. do you know how hypocritical you sound when you admitted you don't have internet? what's more ubiquitous, internet or a cell phone? the friggin public library has free internet. every college campus in the world has a library with internet.

furthermore i posted my info in this thread for you multiple times. is it now my responsibility to ninja my number in your address book? it irks me when people accuse me of something and are blatantly wrong. 1+1 does not equal 3.

Im just saying dude YOUR the ONLY one i have trouble getting ahold of. AND its NOT JUST ME. Ya i dont have internet but guess wat Adam i smash with people in the area on a regular basis..... Wanna know Y ??? CUZ im easy to get ahold of. Anyone can text me at any time of day and guess wat ? within 5 min i respond back. THis is not the case with you thus y i think you have problems connecting on the smashfests. Nothing against you bro. Just the way i see it. I dont wanna spend my whole day trying to get a hold of you and leaving messages. WHenever i wanna smash i shoot one text to everyone i smash with and if they get back to me we play. EZ . SIMPLE. THats all im doing.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings

Im just saying dude YOUR the ONLY one i have trouble getting ahold of. AND its NOT JUST ME. Ya i dont have internet but guess wat Adam i smash with people in the area on a regular basis..... Wanna know Y ??? CUZ im easy to get ahold of. Anyone can text me at any time of day and guess wat ? within 5 min i respond back. THis is not the case with you thus y i think you have problems connecting on the smashfests. Nothing against you bro. Just the way i see it. I dont wanna spend my whole day trying to get a hold of you and leaving messages. WHenever i wanna smash i shoot one text to everyone i smash with and if they get back to me we play. EZ . SIMPLE. THats all im doing.
there are multiple instances i've texted you and you've never responded

remember in late november? i texted you after we had been out of communication for about a year. i was trying to set up something. you said you were at work and would respond later. suffice to say you never did

when i held a smashfest a few days later, where johnny/jeremy/JR/others showed up, i texted you the when/where. again, no response

in any case you've proven yourself absurdly stubborn in only doing things your way. that's little sweat off my back for various reasons (the biggest one being you get more out of playing me than i playing you -- i'm a vet growing out of this game and you're a rookie coming into it).

i can also be stubborn. in general i have waning motivation for this game. i play when it's convenient. when someone's really motivated to improve, and i know i can help them as sort of a sparring partner, that inspires me to go a little more out of my way to play. that's why i like playing ben and love playing jason.

but there's an unwritten rule in the community: the worse player does the legwork to play the best player. it's common sense: the player who is worse tends to have more motivation, while the player who is better has less incentive. in general you're not gonna get mango or lucky to come to your house, not without some other incentive.

luigi or knivez or nashun isn't gonna come over here unless it's convenient. i might be better than them, but that doesnt mean much because they're vets who are phased out of the game. do you understand the parallels?

so when i do my job -- give you the times i'm available, let you know the amount of legwork i'm willing to put into playing you (which is a LOT, as far as i'm concerned -- how many smashers do you know who would be willing to drive or bike 30 minutes out of their way to play someone they're better than? well, you probably can't accurately answer because you've been in this community for months while i've been in it for years, but the answer is no one, at least no one in california). and when i feel you disrespect what i've done? well then, poof, there goes my motivation for ever playing you.

and obviously i don't think this affects how i think of you or how you think of me (nor could i care if it did) in the slightest. i'm just keeping it real.

HOLLA! off to play kfc

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i hate driving to people to play smash. but at this point i'm a vet who is trying to get back into the game, and a lot of people underestimate me... so i gotta travel to people/tournies to remind people that i'm still good, and hopefully people will start traveling to play me (even though i live in an unfavorable location)

Luigios

Smash Apprentice
luigi or knivez or nashun isn't gonna come over here unless it's convenient. i might be better than them, but that doesnt mean much because they're vets who are phased out of the game. do you understand the parallels?
Pfffffffffffffffft, must be the gazilliontrillionth time you've said that. Still not true. But I like I was mentioned on being lazy. LOL cuz its so true.

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
there are multiple instances i've texted you and you've never responded

remember in late november? i texted you after we had been out of communication for about a year. i was trying to set up something. you said you were at work and would respond later. suffice to say you never did

when i held a smashfest a few days later, where johnny/jeremy/JR/others showed up, i texted you the when/where. again, no response

in any case you've proven yourself absurdly stubborn in only doing things your way. that's little sweat off my back for various reasons (the biggest one being you get more out of playing me than i playing you -- i'm a vet growing out of this game and you're a rookie coming into it).
i can also be stubborn. in general i have waning motivation for this game. i play when it's convenient. when someone's really motivated to improve, and i know i can help them as sort of a sparring partner, that inspires me to go a little more out of my way to play. that's why i like playing ben and love playing jason.

but there's an unwritten rule in the community: the worse player does the legwork to play the best player. it's common sense: the player who is worse tends to have more motivation, while the player who is better has less incentive. in general you're not gonna get mango or lucky to come to your house, not without some other incentive.

so when i do my job -- give you the times i'm available, let you know the amount of legwork i'm willing to put into playing you (which is a LOT, as far as i'm concerned -- how many smashers do you know who would be willing to drive or bike 30 minutes out of their way to play someone they're better than? well, you probably can't accurately answer because you've been in this community for months while i've been in it for years, but the answer is no one, at least no one in california). and when i feel you disrespect what i've done? well then, poof, there goes my motivation for ever playing you.

and obviously i don't think this affects how i think of you or how you think of me (nor could i care if it did) in the slightest. i'm just keeping it real.

HOLLA! off to play kfc
First off I dont think your better then me :). second off I cant txt back after im off work to an AIM ur signed off of. Third im really done trying to talk bout this whole thing. Its more drama then its worth. Hope you continue playing Smash and stay with the game.

HairyNipples

Smash Apprentice
i hate driving to people to play smash. but at this point i'm a vet who is trying to get back into the game, and a lot of people underestimate me... so i gotta travel to people/tournies to remind people that i'm still good, and hopefully people will start traveling to play me (even though i live in an unfavorable location)
I KNEW you were good bro. I just need a car/Ride and ill hit you up to play whenever your dwn to play. Im going to get a cube and start practicing a lil. :) Mayb nxt week we can smash

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
alright so melee at my house tonight in upland, ca. text 909 749 5871 for more info. we can play from 10-3. its going to be me (scott pilgrim), jake (hairy nipples), and his friend rc which is about our level. DO NOT CALL ME. I AM OUT OF MINUTES. we have 1 complete setup so far. all we need is more cubes

TheManBomb

Smash Rookie
Hi, im new to the tournament scene but me and 3+ friends thought it would be fun to participate in tournamants, or just get some practice in. Any upcoming tournaments or games being scheduled in cal poly or near cal poly soon?

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
hey does anyone want to play melee?

adam if u see this msg me your number i lost it.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
as soon as ben gives me my controller back im gonna start practicing tek skill for the first time in years

depending on how that goes will determine if i attempt a comeback or not

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey ben/boba/scott pilgrim,

if u read this it was nice meeting u yesterday. yall should come over sometime to pasadena!

Top Bottom