• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts Mafia~Day 8~End Game!~Roles revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
These rules are standard mafia rules taken from Eoringlas. :p If you haven't played before you need to read the rules. If you have played before be sure to read the section on new rules and information.

How about this rule: NO SWEARING. Bahamut edited out some curse words, so continued violation of this rule could result in consequences beyond the scope of this game. But that's not in my hands, however.

In Mafia, there is a certain number of players, divided into two main groups: the Town, and the Mafia. If you are a member of the town, you win if, at any point, all non-town members are dead. If you are a member of the Mafia, you win if the Mafia ever comprises a majority of the remaining players. (For example, if there are three mafia members and two town members left, the mafia wins.) If you are neither town nor mafia, your winning conditions should be explained in the PM I send you. The way you go about winning is simple: you kill off people you don't like.

Here's how it works:

Each game 'day' is divided into day and night. During the day, players post in the thread, trying to decide which members of the town are really members of the mafia. BUT YOU CANNOT EDIT YOUR POSTS AT ANY TIME! Please post carefully! Each player gets one vote per day, and whenever one player has a majority of the town's votes, that player is lynched by the town, and is eliminated. Votes look like this:

Vote: Chill

Please bold your votes.

If later, you decide to change your vote, post this:

Unvote: Chill

If you don't bold the votes, then I will not count them. You wont have any other penalties, but if some of you decide to not bold them then I might screw up the game

During the day, the town tries to decide who is acting like a mafioso, and debates about who to lynch. However, the mafia will try to mislead the town into lynching a town member instead.

Each day lasts until one player is lynched. After a player is lynched, the day ends, and it becomes night. No player may post in the thread during the night. EDIT: However, "twilight" posting is allowed. This is posting after someone is lynched, but before I post the deathscene and declare it night. During the night, the mafia chooses one player to hit, and will PM me their choice. That player is killed, and eliminated. Also during the night, some players may have night abilities (detailed after the game begins. If they wish to use these, they PM me with their actions during the night).

There are two night abilities which are part of every mafia game and they are the Doctor and the Cop.

Each night, the doctor selects one player to protect (other than himself). That player cannot be killed during the night, either by the mafia hit, or by any other night abilities. The cop chooses one player to investigate. The next morning, the cop will learn whether that player is aligned to the town, or not.

Players with beneficial night abilities like this would be best to keep them secret, so as not to become instant nightkill targets for the mafia. Therefore, it's usually best to keep your abilities secret for at least the first portion of the game.

After all night abilities have been received, the next day will begin. I will post in the thread the obvious results of the night actions, such as who was killed and whether they were mafia or town; however, I will not tell you who killed who. The point of the game is figuring out who, after all.

Also, no outside communication is allowed by town members. The mafia, however, can communicate with other mafia members via PM, e-mail, or whatever. The mafia knows who is in the mafia and who is in the town, but each town member is ignorant of what alignment anyone has except themselves.

Play continues in this day/night sequence until either side's victory condition is met, at which point the game is over.

Remember, this will be a rather long-term game, so if you won't be able to commit some time to this game, please, don't sign up. If you sign up, but for some reason will be away for more than a 48 hour period (and still wish to play), please post in the thread approximately how long you will be gone for.

New rules specifically for this game.

This mafia game is based on the video game "Kingdom Hearts". In this mafia game it is possible to use items and level up. Gaining levels is based on defeating enemies. When you gain a level it is possible to learn more abilities, while staying alive is key in any mafia game those who live longer will gain an advantage.

Defeating enemies: Shadowy creatures known as the Heartless stalk you on your journey. To defeat enemies teamwork is key. An enemy behaves just any other person only they can fight back! To defeat an enemy place your vote on it just as you would a lynch vote. Only instead of typing lynch you must type attack.

If for example an enemy has 2 HP it takes 2 votes to defeat it. It is beneficial to the mafia members to have enemies survive.

Because the enemies are separate from mafia members attacking and lynching are two different actions. Enemies will not just be punching bags and can deplete your HP. Their actions may be controlled by myself or a mafia member(s).

Using items: Depending on your role you may start the game with items. If not you can gain items by opening chest or defeating enemies. You must PM me with the action you wish to take with your items.

HP or Health points: If all of your health points are lost you are disabled until revived with an item.

*note* I haven't fully determined the size of this game yet. The numbers below are just placeholder.

1. Oblivion (replaced lance87 Night 3), lynched on Day 6 20/20
2. commonyoshi 20/20
3. thedocsalive (killed night 1) town 18/18
4. ligolski (lynched day 2) mafia 21/21
5. Eoringlas (replaced Pure of Heart on Day1, dissapeared night 2)20/20
6. Kujirudo lv3 18/20
7. Dot_c0m (replaced Tetaway Night 3) (lynched Day 5) 20/20
8. Ronike 18/18
9. DiamondFalcon lv2 (sacrificed himself Night 3) (revived Day 5)(dissapeared Night 7)town16/20
10. FalcoX (replaced karshkin Day2) (lynched Day 4) 22/22
11. Uncle Meat 22/24 (lynched Day 3)
12. Defjamffy16 (replaced Jarc Night 2) 20/20
13. Blazer (replaced Arkengate Day 5) lv2 25/25
14. Jazzyswimmer 20/20
15. camo-man 20/20
16. frozenflame751 (killed Night 3) town 20/20
17. Deathreaver780 24/24 (lynched Day 7)
18. agentli 20/20 (killed Night 2)
19. Kitten (replaced SmashNinja on Day 2) (mod killed Day 5) 22/22

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I AM DEFINETLY IN FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAFIA ROCKS! and so does kingdom hearts

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Sure, why not, never played before, but I will give it a go! :D

Kingdom Hearts rocks too :O

Tetaway

Smash Apprentice
I'll join, if you wouldn't mind. I've played a version of this game (no rpg element) on another forum. I was the doctor, and kept on saving this one guy from being night killed who I was almost positive was innocent. Turned out he was the Godfather, and we lost :(

Ronike

Smash Ace
Totally and most completely in on this! KH is prolly the 5th best game ever (nothing can beat SSBM, LoZ:TP & OoT, or Sonic 3&Knuckles IMO)! Hopefully my luck from Food Court keeps up!

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Never played through Kingdom Hearts (have played it though), but I really like playing Mafia. I don't exactly understand the RPG element, but hopefully this will be clarified as the game progresses. So you can sign me up.
Oh, and congrats on the town win for Food Court Ronike. You really did good in the end. There I was, in the midst of studying for finals, rooting for you.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Thx for the compliment Diamond, you seem to be the only one besides me that doesn't believe it was only luck, not skill that made town win. Oh well. And I don't understand the RPG elements completely either Chill, any chance of explaining a little more? I think what you are saying that there will be enemies seperate from the mafia. Will these enemies be controlled by you, or a player? And will they do anything besides be punching bags? And losing all your Hp is basically a roleblock and lynching will be separate, right? At any rate, this sounds like it could be an awesome addition to a great game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Because the enemies are separate from mafia members attacking and lynching are two different actions. Enemies will not just be punching bags and can deplete your HP. Their actions may be controlled by myself or a mafia member(s).

I'll edit this info into the first post. Any other questions?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm not going to be home for awhile but I'll be back before the end of the month. I also wanted to see if we could get a few more people to join in.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm very sorry about the delay. I had something very important come up and will start the game ASAP. Until then if anyone wants to join up as another role or replacment feel free. Again, I'm sorry about this taking so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom