• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A better 'Super Armor List' Thread (4/30, 18:07 EST)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Good Read

Did not know about the Cargo Carry Frames. I learned something.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
Warios bike has super armor at the very end of the "get on bike" animation.
its not at the begging of the animation, but just before you can actually start moving.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm not sure about DK's fair. Just picked him up. I haven't run across this scenario yet.

However as for DDD I have seen this one numerous times while playing:
* Neutral-B, right before he sucks you in, by Mew2King

I have even been hit by another character (not the one being sucked in) during the animation time. So if by SA's definition that a character takes damage but without knockback, then yes this is SA.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Every grab in the game gets a single frame of Super Armor if (and ONLY if) the grab connects. This frame of Super Armor does not occur if the grab whiffs. Kirby and Dedede's neutral-B's are both grabs, so they get that single frame of Super Armor on the very frame that the "grab" hitboxes intersect with the victim's hurtboxes. Grabs by themselves don't have Super Armor; only a successful grab does (hence why some say that grabs alone don't have "true" Super Armor).

Typically you will see the Super Armor frame on Kirby or Dedede's successful neutral-B because your victim hits you as they get grabbed and enter your mouth, but sometimes someone else will hit you on that exact frame instead. In the OP, this phenomenon is discussed right at the top of section "4. CONFIRMED" (the part you quoted, iEatPikmin).

Alas, it seems that NoVaLombardia has disappeared from this thread to update the OP with new findings.

Le sigh,
/RtEB

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
if you can get more input about sonic ill post it up

sorry i haven't updated in awhile, im really busy at school, doesn't seem that much to update though.

I'm still looking for more frame testers, but more importantly im still looking for someone to test the grab SA frame video that i linked that has the 3 people, only reverse it so that the person grabbed is getting hit by laz0rz first.

As for the charizard thing, maybe i'll retest it eventually, it was my very first test and it could've been me trying to get used to my process first. But, i'm pretty sure i did it with his back facing the attack like i did with all my tests.
But, in the brawl engine, you don't need fancy equipment. Figure out 60 frames in 1 second and divide it, thats how many seconds for 1 frame. All you have to do is just hit the pause button really fast.
Use a wii-mote and a gamecube controller, or 2 wii-motes, but don't use 2 gamecube controllers. Reason being, 2 GC controllers seem to lag in between the pauses for some reason. When you pause with controller 1, you unpause and re-pause with controller 2, in order to get accurate frame-by frame results. It takes a little bit of getting used to the timing, but once you do its a adequate method since brawl does not have down-time before being able to pause again, like melee did.

Oh, and curious, whats the goal of the Armor Project... other than snake's weird type of armor.
I wonder if all super armor is actually armor and youll get flinched depending on the power of the attack, because i swear ive been broken out of ike's up-b before during the SA frames, usually only by ganon's stomp though.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I wonder if all super armor is actually armor and youll get flinched depending on the power of the attack, because i swear ive been broken out of ike's up-b before during the SA frames, usually only by ganon's stomp though.
Ike's SA is hard to time though, and other SAs can eat through Marth's Final Smash.

ADN

Smash Cadet
y pit tambien tiene super armor cuando saca las alas en el instante k las saca pro solo en el suelo

RadicalDude

Smash Rookie
Heh, oh alright...

Edit: This thread has been dead for a month? Geez!

Well I guess you can test moves so many times until you admit the frames are all discovered.

Sharky

Smash Master
Dead thread or not, it's still listed in the pinned directory threads, so here's a change that needs to be made:

Yoshi's double jump does NOT have Super Armor. It's different, and it's called Heavy Armor (same as it was in Melee.) Attacks can knock Yoshi back during the jump, provided that they would normally provide a certain amount of knockback. There was a thread a while back which had detailed data on this, but it's lost now, and there's way too many threads with those keywords in them to use the search function. If the Original Poster isn't updating this anymore, can a mod perhaps edit this in? Much appreciated. =)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Even in Super Armor frames you can still be grabbed. Super armor affects on Marth's Critical Hit butt not grab fs like great aether or galaxia darkness.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Yoshi has SA frames when he has someone inside him during his egg lay special. Not exactly the most useful SA in the game, but it's out there...

Top Bottom