• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bit More Assistance..(Peach)

Enrapture

Smash Rookie
Hey you all, I'm going to keep this short and sweet due to a lack of time in my hands.. Does anyone have any pointers for Peach in Project M? (Good/Bad match ups, Her strength and weaknesses, what to do and not do in a match..) Just anything at all would be really helpful for me.

Thanks!

~Enrapture

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
well peach's main weakness is that her movement is slow, as her ground speed is atrocious, and her falling speed is quite small. her floatiness makes her die very early off the top too, so picking big, wide open stages with high cielings (aka dreamland) is very advantageous for peach. despite her slow movement, her approach game is actually quite good. her turnips are an excellent tool, and provide her with glide tossing and aerial glide tossing to enhance her movement. they bounce of people so that you can jump up and regrab them for quick use as well. if you float with her, start an aerial, then land duing the aerial, you lose all lag, and suffor only 4 frames of landing (making this the most efficient means of reducing lag in the game). because of this, you can approach with her nicely ranged fair (or even a dair) from above, hit someones shield, and almost instantly jab or dsmash to stay entirely safe and pressure on shield. similar approaches can be done with bair or nair low to the ground. CCing with peach is great because her dsmash is so fast, will clank with almost everything, and actually does more damamge to people if they try to CC (does a full 60% i believe if they try to CC since all hits will connect). all of her tilts, uair, and up throw/dthrow are great combo tools. she usually finishes with edge guarding since her recovery is so amazing, and using float she can hover by the ledge or travel wayy offstage to gimp. she can also finish with her powerful forward throw, her dsmash, an fsmash (usually the golf club, but the pan works on floaties, and the racket on fast fallers). if you want to get fancy, try setting up a tech chase with dthrow and finishing with a DACUS, since her upsmash is so powerful (just hard to land).

overall, though, i recommend watching videos of peach to see how all of this connects together. armadas melee peach is amazing to watch, and people like vanz, nintendude, silly kyle, and white peach all are other that have videos on youtube and will be able to demonstrate a lot of good techniques with her.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Hey you all, I'm going to keep this short and sweet due to a lack of time in my hands.. Does anyone have any pointers for Peach in Project M? (Good/Bad match ups, Her strength and weaknesses, what to do and not do in a match..) Just anything at all would be really helpful for me.

Thanks!

~Enrapture
good match ups: Ice climbers, Yoshi, luciario, meta knight, DeDeDe, wario, Ness, olimar, sonic
Bad match ups: marth link roy fox kirby diddy falcon mewtwo lucas pit zard samus ZSS maybe more haha

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Ah HIJOLE mafia then attacks

Triple post

The shame

Anyway I leave it here as it now won't let me edit the main post

So I guess switch ZSS when he switch Roy?

Thing is now I turnip so stubbornly that my ZSS suffered XD

It looks like I am listening to House of Pain when I play ZSS now

Last edited:
Top Bottom