• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bit of a Reality Check for the Newcomer Hopefuls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Game & Watch could work with a 3D alternate costume because his model is in 3D with some kind of effect put on it. The same effect which makes the other characters 2D in his stage
I'm sure 3D characters would work for a Mr. Game & Watch alt costume. Paper Mario just seems to fit, seeing how he is naturally 2D thin in his games; Rather than have a character that is 3D in their games, but appear in a 2D thin form for the sake of an alt costume in SSB4.

Come on! He was found in the programming, is that not evidence enough?! Mewtwo even has his victory video in the data that you get after beating classic/all star mode! Mewtwo has but one thing in common with Lucario in terms of move-set which is aura sphere/shadow ball!
You sure love using dem pictures don't you. Lol. Anywho, I strongly urge to you read what I'm typing. I'll paraphrase and underline key points:

Yes, there is evidence that shows that the inclusion of Mewtwo was started in the development of the game, but clearly by looking at the final released roster Mewtwo was never finished. We do not know what happened during the development stages of the game. Sakurai and Co. could have opted to complete Lucario, or they just ran out of time. The bottom line, whether we view it as being replaced or being incomplete, Lucario was finished for Brawl and Mewtwo was not. All we can do is hope they DO have enough time to finish him this time

Like i said, the problems i had with Waluigi are moot to me now, but i still personally think that things from spin off games should be side things in a game like smash bros. And yes, this goes against my own love of Paper Mario, and this will sound ridiculous, but i like to think of Paper Mario as more than a spin-off because of the smaller amount of installments and difference in gameplay. But that's probably just me.

And i look at mainstream for Mario as the adventure/platforming games that everybody Mario is REALLY known for. I do love me some Mario Party though...

I am pretty much in the same boat bro.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I am very aware that he was started, and I'm very aware that he wasn't finished, but for a while it sounded like you were saying he was never planned in the first place! It was due time constraints, by the way.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai has been on record stating that there were more characters he wanted to include, but couldn't do to time.

He didn't say who, though, but it's clear he was talking about Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

D

Deleted member

You broke it.

For one, we don't even know if "pra_mai" is them or not.
Two, if they were, they were scrapped early on, given that:
-There is no victory theme for them, nor a spot reserved for them like Dr. Mario.
-They are one file instead of two like Popo/Nana and Diddy/Dixie.

D

Deleted member

Dream all you want; just don't edit the truth into something false.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I am very aware that he was started, and I'm very aware that he wasn't finished, but for a while it sounded like you were saying he was never planned in the first place! It was due time constraints, by the way.
It's kind of broken up into 3 groups.

There is the main public/casual (who hasn't dissected the game), all they see on the surface is that Lucario is in the game game and Mewtwo isn't. Its not that far-fetched to assume that Mewtwo was replaced; if that is all you see.

Then there is the people in the smash community (like many of you) that do know about quite a lot, including hidden stuff on the game disc, like these unfinished character files. Many of us speculate (because that is all we can do) that these characters were meant to be in the game, but even 2-3 delays wasn't enough time to include these characters.

and then there is the actual development team that knows history of the game progressions. Many of us assume that these characters were set to be in the game. I was trying to shed light on the other side of the coin that maybe these characters were possibly scraped; whether it was due to limited memory space, time, or maybe they just never worked out.

To summarize: We don't know who was meant to be in the game, or who was scrapped. Only the dev team knows.

You broke it.

For one, we don't even know if "pra_mai" is them or not.
Two, if they were, they were scrapped early on, given that:
-There is no victory theme for them, nor a spot reserved for them like Dr. Mario.
-They are one file instead of two like Popo/Nana and Diddy/Dixie.

I'll mention the "forbidden 7" in my initial post, even though we don't have 100% proof, but it does deserve recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom