• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A challenge WD vs. no WD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
a while ago my someone said that I can't possibly beat his friends samus because I don't wavedash and that not wding proves that I suck or that I have a disadvantage to his friend. I found this logic terrible and unreasonable so I challenged his friend to best of 7 between our two Sami(?)and the winner would say who the better samus was. these are not in order so you have to watch them to find out who wins because some people just watch the last one to find out.

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

Match 4

Match 5

Match 6

Match 7

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Umm, originally I was going to applaud you for winning w/o wavedashing, and for showing your friend's friend who's boss....but you did wavedash a little. ><

However, good job, both Samus(es) were good, and I always like seeing someone who thinks wavedashing is necessary to win get beaten.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Meh, aniki doesnt wavedash with samus and hes incredibly good with her. I dont see why you wouldnt wavedash with samus though she has such a good wavedash.

Its all about the MGs though and the missiles.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Umm, originally I was going to applaud you for winning w/o wavedashing, and for showing your friend's friend who's boss....but you did wavedash a little. ><

However, good job, both Samus(es) were good, and I always like seeing someone who thinks wavedashing is necessary to win get beaten.
only like 5 times altogether, besides aniki doesn't go every game without WDing. I've seen him do it. and Wave land does not count

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
only like 5 times altogether, besides aniki doesn't go every game without WDing. I've seen him do it. and Wave land does not count
I didn't consider wave landing as a wave dash, and Aniki does often use wavedash to edgehog as Samus.

Nice job though.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
ok the first video I saw you waveland somewhere towards the beginning, wavedash at 0:50 and 1:30. 2:13 was the animation but you didn't go anywhere so I don't know who would count that as a wavedash. correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyway, whoever it was who said that wavedashing could beat your non-wavedashing apparently doesn't take into account the skill of the matter.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ok the first video I saw you waveland somewhere towards the beginning, wavedash at 0:50 and 1:30. 2:13 was the animation but you didn't go anywhere so I don't know who would count that as a wavedash. correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyway, whoever it was who said that wavedashing could beat your non-wavedashing apparently doesn't take into account the skill of the matter.
only the last one was a wd, the others were not, its habit too, my main is fox

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm still seeing WDs from you, but I suppose I'm supposed to let them slide. (pun not intended)

Also on the second match at 4:13, I would have gone for a Bair. He didn't DI and a well spaced one would have thrown him pretty far.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't wavedash as samus, I don't even main or second, for that matter, samus, I main fox and I wd with him. I was just proving that wding isn't everything

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Legs aren't everything just look at Terry Fox! he can run across Canada!

He can't however, sprint faster than I can. why? because he's handicapped.

My point: WHY WOULD YOU CUT OFF YOUR OWN LEG?

Some people are born handicapped and have to deal with it (they can't wavedash even if they tried) but if you handicap yourself(can wavedash but dont) then you're the bigger failure.

(btw mad respect to Terry Fox, just proving a point)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why would wavedashing be everything? It depends on what characters you play though.. I hardly wavedash anymore, but I play Zelda so it makes sense.. :p Also there's such a thing as wavedashing too much, which is common among people that just learned to implement it in their games.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
as a samus player, i can tel you WDing is pretty useful for her. It's pretty, long, fast, etc. It lets you do stuff, like WDing onto the stage to a dsmash while invincible. Or missileing ad WDing a ftilt when they let their sheild down after the missile. It's good for getting out of the way, because samus's roll sucks. There's a reason there's no really good samus's that don't WD '-_-. You might as well, it won't hurt, it can only help.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I could do more of these if you want, we could turn this into some sort of psychological experiment to see how certain styles evolve depending on how much or how little you wave dash. how bout it?

Top Bottom