• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Consensus for the relationship btwn Mewtwo and Lucario

Neemo

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is NOT Mewtwo. This has been said and agreed on. However Lucario is very much Like Mewtwo in certain aspects.

Can we all agree than Mewtwo was not COMPLETELY kicked to the curb but was resurrected in the soul of another character. This means that the Creators did not intend to upset the Mewtwo devotees and met them halfway.

If we agree on this then we could possibly stop the repetitive posts comparing them together and focus on what is important:

How much *** can we kick with Lucario.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Well, you just about summed up my opinion of the situation. I wanted Mewtwo back, but it's not like Lucario doesn't belong in Brawl. From what I've read and watched, Lucario is the new Fox (or something similar if you believe in tiers); he's what Mewtwo should've been in Melee. Our favorite mutant cat's spirit lives on in Lucario for sure. So yeah...

Even if I end up getting over the lack of Mewtwo and maining him, Lucario is still my training dummy. :) -Oath

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
hem!

Psychic beats fighting

and the steal part should make lucario a heavy weight!
The only part of Lucario that makes him a half steel type is his chest and hand spikes. Also, psychic may be strong against fighting, but it's weak against steel so Mewtwo's psychic attacks would do normal damage to Lucario. BUT, Lucario can learn Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, and Mewtwo is weak against both.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Thank You for saying this. It has been annoying me how people have been reacting to Lucario and mewtwo. When people first saw Lucario's shadow, they thought "Wow, Mewthree!" I understand why people compare them so much but they are very different you Fools! Lucario's abilty to see and use aura has almost limitless capabilitys where mewtwo just had ESP(not to hurt on mewtwo, I just like lucario more). People need to get over it. Mewtwo was caught in the Pokemon Trainer's Masterball and is now sitting in his PC. Sorry, rant over.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'm alittle upset about is his missing Disable and Confusion.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
In my eyes, Lucario seems like he will be easier to play than Mewtwo was. What I REALLY wished was that Mewtwo was better off the bat. Maybe if he makes a comeback in a later Smash game, they could beef him up a little bit. Psycho Cutter! D:

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Thank You for saying this. It has been annoying me how people have been reacting to Lucario and mewtwo. When people first saw Lucario's shadow, they thought "Wow, Mewthree!" I understand why people compare them so much but they are very different you Fools! Lucario's abilty to see and use aura has almost limitless capabilitys where mewtwo just had ESP(not to hurt on mewtwo, I just like lucario more). People need to get over it. Mewtwo was caught in the Pokemon Trainer's Masterball and is now sitting in his PC. Sorry, rant over.

They are very different. You're right. They don't even look similar at all, which people claim they do. I don't get it.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
The only part of Lucario that makes him a half steel type is his chest and hand spikes. Also, psychic may be strong against fighting, but it's weak against steel so Mewtwo's psychic attacks would do normal damage to Lucario. BUT, Lucario can learn Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball, and Mewtwo is weak against both.
Yea but Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere and Flamethrower
All of which Lucario is weak against
Plus with Mewtwo's exceptional speed and devastating special attack
Lucario wouldn't stand a chance

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Disable and confusion were some of the most useless B moves in Melee. Force Palm and Feint are way better attacks.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
agreed and if you seen the first movie every one will agree on Mewtwo's AWESOMENESS

so i really ticked me off on what they did ti him in brawl

but then again if they gave him all his awesomeness in the game then they would have to bulk up samus as well

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
FIRST OF ALL, SSBB =/= Pokemon R/Y/B/G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P
And second, Mewtwo is an uber which automatically gives him a HUGE advantage AND the reason why ubers aren't allowed in most battles.

AbsoluteZer092

Smash Rookie
there's no doubt in my mind that Mewtwo is indeed stronger, much much much much stronger that Lucario and i'm disapointed that he got taken out of the game, but i think they put lucario in because alot kids recognize lucario more than Mewtwo nowadays, Mewtwo appeared when i was like 8 years old or so, they prolly just put lucario in cuz he's more recent and ppl are sure to remember him more than that godly powerful pokemon who appeared in a movie a half a decade ago.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
even whit psytic attack doin normal damage Mewtwo would still pwn Lucario because his SP.ATK>Lucario SP.DEF and Mewtwo can learn Flametrower and Fire Blast

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Lucario is a Jackal, Mewtwo is as close as your going to get to a kangaroo pokemon, besides kenghaskan or however you spell it. I'm sure they would've put Lucario in Melee had they not released Diamond / Pearl, simply because of his immense popularity. Lucario isn't as reliant on his mind as Mewtwo is either. Lucario = Physical , Mewtwo = opportunist.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
even whit psytic attack doin normal damage Mewtwo would still pwn Lucario because his SP.ATK>Lucario SP.DEF and Mewtwo can learn Flametrower and Fire Blast
sorry for double posting but this is sad... Lucario learns shadow ball and dark pulse, which pwns mewtwos low health. also, Mewtwo's health / defense / speed< Lucario's. EDIT: Who teaches Mewtwo Fire Blast?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Agreed. The fact that Mewtwo is in the game's code adds even more evidence to this. It also appears that Ike has many of the characteristics that Marth and Roy had in Melee. Like Mewtwo, Roy also appears in the game's code.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a Jackal, Mewtwo is as close as your going to get to a kangaroo pokemon, besides kenghaskan or however you spell it. I'm sure they would've put Lucario in Melee had they not released Diamond / Pearl, simply because of his immense popularity. Lucario isn't as reliant on his mind as Mewtwo is either. Lucario = Physical , Mewtwo = opportunist.
Mewtwo= godly

Lucario= not a legendary

:p

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
who cares what they are like in the pokemon games...they play a LOT alike in smash bros. this is coming from someone who has played the game for 12 hours over the past 2 days.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I thought the point of this was to end these kind of disscusions. Whats done is done, Lucario is in and Mewtwo got Masterballed and is in PT's PC. If you are so worried about which one is better, than go have a D/P battle between Mewtwo and Lucario and be done with it.

Top Bottom