• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Couple of Diddy Questions

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I'm new to Diddy, so I have a couple questions about him.

1) To do advanced techniques like banana dribbling, must you use the C-Stick? If so, what should your hand placement look like?

2) Are there any matchups where Diddy should change characters to beat? I want a main where I never have to have a backup main, just one all of the time. Does Diddy have any enemies that absolutely require you to switch out characters?

Thanks.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
For question #2, I would say Falco. Diddy has a terrible time with them unless you can outsmart them with the banana's but Falco can chaingrab, and have a really long lasting reflector. If you can time it so you can make them slip after the reflector goes back in you're set..

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, guys. More replies are always appreciated.

Is there any way to get past Falco, or is that really a near impossible matchup?

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong is can fight against everyone, you just have to play smart and sometimes, throw in mindgames. He doesn't get as much credit as he should on a lot of tier lists. Diddy really only has problems against Wolf, Fox, Falco, and Metaknight. I can't think of anyone else right now.

I don't know all of Diddy's advanced techs but the ones I do know are easier to do with the c-stick. Hand placement???? I don't know what that means but I hold the controller how I always do.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
1) the only advanced technique you -need- with diddy is glide tossing. i use the cstick only for the occasional reverse glide toss. with a standard controller grip its much easier and faster to glide toss forward with A.

2) right now it doesnt seem like diddy has an impossible match up, but her match ups versus the good chars are quite uphill.

psike

Smash Apprentice
Another Diddy LOL. I went to a tourney last weekend, and we had a Diddy mirror. 4 bananas=slipfest. It is the most frustrating thing ever lol.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
i would recommend trying the basic stuff first don't want to go to fast

at psike: no that would be two ice climbers trying to chaingrab

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I use the C stick for all throws. I notice when people lightly throw a banana at me with "A" then it ****s me up so you may want to put that into your game as well.

BrawlerBoy987

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm new to Diddy, so I have a couple questions about him.

1) To do advanced techniques like banana dribbling, must you use the C-Stick? If so, what should your hand placement look like?

2) Are there any matchups where Diddy should change characters to beat? I want a main where I never have to have a backup main, just one all of the time. Does Diddy have any enemies that absolutely require you to switch out characters?

Thanks.
#1 - no, you are not REQUIRED to use the c-stick in order to successfully pull off glide tossing and/or dribbling, however, it's much more convenient and practical to do so. Your hand placement should be like this (in a scenario that requires you to glide toss to the right): right pointer finger resting on the R button, left thumb resting on the right side of the control stick, and right thumb resting on the left side of the c- stick. press down on the R button, and flick the control stick to the left. (this is a sheild roll). During the very beginning of this sheild roll, you flick the c- stick right. If you don't time it right, it won't work. Can't be too early, and can't be too late. Dribbling involves the same positions, except instead of flicking the c-stick to the side, you flick it downwards.

using the c-stick INSTEAD of the A button during this process, as you will find, is much easier to use and master.

Top Bottom