• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A dash dance idea

Lech Walesa

Smash Cadet
So, since Falco has only a short distance while dash dancing, and hardly any use for it, I'm still practicing it. I really believe Falco's DD could be utilized, not in the same way as say Fox, or even mind games, but in the sense of creating another variable for your opponent to add in. And, maybe in a positioning aspect, especially, if you could DD-SHFFL, or DD-bair. This is all premature and I don't have a great understanding of the really advanced technical side of melee, but I was hoping, at bare minimum, this could inspire.

On to the idea:
(If this idea isn't new, I apologize.) :embarrass:
In training mode, DD right next the CP, each time, at any rhythm, push the character. Rinse. Repeat. Until you can do it without the CP, to perfection.

Once again, I don't have a great understanding of the really advanced technical side of melee, so if there are flaws in what I wrote, please, let me know! :bee:
(Grammar included!) :smirk:

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
Read PPs falco thread, he's got some great posts on the utility of falcos DD.

him/mango+most other really good falcos all have great dash dance games too.

happy learning & digging, there's a lot of it to be done my friend

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, the front page of that falco thread has all the links to all of his big write-up posts.

check it out, it's worth your time-will answer a lot of questions & definitely bring up some new ones to explore.

Lech Walesa

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I've read them. That's why I was hoping to help inspire. :D And, thank you. Digging is fun. Especially when one is trying to get to China. :D

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
oh well, then yeah--pretty basic falco stuff.
even decent falcos should have a tight DD game & def be able to DD into anything they want really & be able to space/pressure with it.
watching the top guys has a lotta cool, smart application though.
playing them is even better.

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Hardly any use for Falco's dashdance? o.O
I'm thinking the same thing, I don't think its possible for me to go a match without using his dashdance.

Some advice, learn how to wave dash out of dashdancing, it makes dashdancing so much better because you can space yourself correctly an go right back into dash dancing.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
Not as useful as fox's dd but works in some situations....jc grabs, pibot fsmashes, it's just not too many dashes in the dd like fox(spacing)...i think it's more like a quick option for deceive

Top Bottom