• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Demon Seeks Classic Game Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to get in trouble, and this thread will probably get locked fast, but I need some help.

I spend 60 dollars trying to buy Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars. Because of eBay issues, I had to pay for it 3 times, which is why it was 60 dollars.

It broke.

I can't fix it.

I don't want to buy another one (only because I already spent a lot of money trying to get it the first time, and I'm broke), but I don't want to just go and downnload an illegal copy of it unless it would be okay to download it from somewhere, which it probably isn't.

Does anyone have any advice for me? And if this thread is in the wrong spot, where would I put it? Can it be moved? I tried searching for more help, but I honestly couldn't find anything... either I'm not looking hard enough (I almost crashed from the multiple searches), or I honestly don't know where to go for the info on how to fix these old cartriges....

c3gill

Smash Ace
I spend 60 dollars trying to buy Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars. Because of eBay issues, I had to pay for it 3 times, which is why it was 60 dollars.
Go buy it on Virtual Console for your wii.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to get in trouble, and this thread will probably get locked fast, but I need some help.

It broke.

I can't fix it.

I don't want to buy another one (only because I already spent a lot of money trying to get it the first time, and I'm broke), but I don't want to just go and downnload an illegal copy of it unless it would be okay to download it from somewhere, which it probably isn't.

Does anyone have any advice for me? And if this thread is in the wrong spot, where would I put it? Can it be moved? I tried searching for more help, but I honestly couldn't find anything... either I'm not looking hard enough (I almost crashed from the multiple searches), or I honestly don't know where to go for the info on how to fix these old cartriges....
If you seriously own it and it broke it actually is legal to download a copy, no seriously, its for this reason, that is why it is difficult just to mass shutdown those sites.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Go buy it on Virtual Console for your wii.
This is what I was gonna say. If you have a Wii, and you should, since you post about Brawl regularly, then this would be best if you can get it online. That game is like 13 years old; working copies are probably not all that common anymore. Downloading it is probably a lot easier, either through VC or other means.

As for the eBay debacle, I'd recommend investigating to see if you could get 2 of your payments back. You make it sound like you had to pay for the same copy three times, and that it was issues with eBay that caused this. Maybe there's someone you could email or something to fix that? I don't really know; I don't use eBay. But if a site had an error that made me pay triple, I'd email. It can't make it worse to try.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Did you break it or was it broken when you got it? If it was broken when you got it, I'd contact the seller and ask for a refund (assuming they offer one). About this time last year I got a SNES off of eBay which turned out to not work, so I sent it back and got a refund.

Personally, I would wait a little bit and watch some auctions, wait until you find a good price; it can happen. A friend of mine managed to get it off of eBay for $38 shipped, boxed. Not saying you'll find a deal that good but just...keep an eye out for a good deal.

But that's me, I'm a retro geek, I don't like emulators, and I don't ever use the VC because the graphical quality is actually worse (I flipped between Super Metroid on my SNES and on VC and VC looks blurry and lower-quality) and I am going to buy a game on the original console eventually regardless.

If you don't really care and want a copy to play on a console, VC's an option. And of course, while still legally iffy, if you want to get a ROM of it you can...but I'm not going to discuss that any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom