• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions about slipping..

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Are there any ways to prevent/reduce the amount of times you slip?

Is there any way to know when your character is going to slip? (so you can just have them do it when it won't matter rather than slipping and getting smashed to your death)

What the hell is the point of it? Are there any theories on it?

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
As far as i know it's completely random. There is no way to control it and it happens at random. It happens at the start of a dash, and can be caused by some attacks and items (e.g. banana peels)

It's in there because the game developer (Sakurai) wanted the game to appeal to casual people. By putting a random element of chance in, it limits the amount people can abuse the physics (certain ATs requite dashes, tripping limits these ATs)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Tripping is completely random.

Gimpy said in a 1Up video about Brawl, "Whoever thought about the concept of tripping should have been fired. Then the people they ran the idea by who thought it was good should have been fired as well."

Aura Power

Smash Apprentice
MO (small town sry, can't tell you exactly where)
IMO you shouldn't worry about tripping, EXCEPT when fighting an Ike/Ganon/Bowser/D3. It actally has advantages too, I mean its not like your opponent knows your gonna trip. So tripping can be disastrous or a life saver, plus I'm sure it can be funny in FFAs. I always say "oh like X/I tripped hehe"

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it's just random, but it's frustrating when I try to RAR or edgeguard and I trip. It doesn't get me punished often, it just makes me miss a lot of chances.

eMORAY21

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's just random, but it's frustrating when I try to RAR or edgeguard and I trip. It doesn't get me punished often, it just makes me miss a lot of chances.
Same here, I don't think I've ever died from it in a big match. But it has messed up loads of attacks for me

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Walk more
And i dont worry about tripping, it actually got me a kill a few days ago. I was a lone IC vs Fox. I tripped, he came to do a hyphen u-smash, i rolled backwards and F-smashed the whiffed u-smash for a KO

panique365

Smash Cadet
I always trip in the wrong place at the wrong time, it has never saved my live. But on the other hand, my friend always seems to trip right when i'm about to PK Fire his ***, and the invincibility frames cause the fire to go right past him.

Top Bottom