• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few tactics that I've seen the pros use.

Mike Power

Smash Rookie
In a toaster, on the counter, next to a pickle jar
No button commands. If you want to list the instructions for how-tos, go ahead.
AIRIAL ART: To use only (or mostly) air attacks. An easy explanation on how to do it is to allow yourself to fall. For example, jump, kick, double-jump before hitting the ground, fall, kick.
GROUND-HOG: To guard on part of the level. Usually only works if the other person always runs straight toward you instead of waiting for you.
TRAMPOLINE: To launch opponents upward, not allowing them to touch the ground.
COME WITH MEEE: I got this one from Gimpyfish. You use your attacks to push them off the edge, but following them. They can't attack, only attempt to recover. Very hard to preform, unless done very often, succesfully.
I'll add more later, I'm supposed to be doing a report...

Sizu

Smash Rookie
I should listen to you, all powerful PERSON WITH TWO POSTS.
I've seen PROS use these tactics, and thought that i should explain them.
Because the number of posts is a clear indicator of gameplay level.

I will admit that I'm nowhere near as good as others are, but at least read the sticky on techniques before coming up with nonsensical names for silly maneuvers that may or may not be relevant to gameplay.

Thanks.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
AIRIAL ART: To use only (or mostly) air attacks. An easy explanation on how to do it is to allow yourself to fall. For example, jump, kick, double-jump before hitting the ground, fall, kick.
Isn't this just using aerial attacks? Didn't we already know how to do this from Melee?
GROUND-HOG: To guard on part of the level. Usually only works if the other person always runs straight toward you instead of waiting for you.
Isn't this just SHIELDING? Or are you talking about CAMPING?
Now I'm certain this has a real name. It's called juggling.
COME WITH MEEE: I got this one from Gimpyfish. You use your attacks to push them off the edge, but following them. They can't attack, only attempt to recover. Very hard to preform, unless done very often, succesfully.
Wait... isn't this edgeguarding? You know... the act of guarding the ledge?

orintemple

Smash Lord
Hmm... so.. YES.

Thats amazing!

You are a genious sir. I would have never had thought to do this intense tactics without your guidance! Now I will be PRO WOO!

grimreper235

Smash Rookie
PWNT BY REBEL581 XDXDXD. 10 posts 5444444 posts....you, mikepower, will always be a noob . AND YES I KNOW I HAVE BARELY ANY POSTS and yes i know my name isn't spelled right!

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
DLX AIRIAL ART: To use only (or mostly) air attacks. An easy explanation on how to do it is to allow yourself to fall. For example, jump, kick, double-jump before hitting the ground, fall, kick.
DLX GROUND-HOG: To guard on part of the level. Usually only works if the other person always runs straight toward you instead of waiting for you.
DLX TRAMPOLINE: To launch opponents upward, not allowing them to touch the ground.
DLX COME WITH MEEE: I got this one from Gimpyfish. You use your attacks to push them off the edge, but following them. They can't attack, only attempt to recover. Very hard to preform, unless done very often, succesfully.
Fixed because I'm pretty sure DanteLinkX invented all those things. :bee:

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
Nice try, but these are extremely basic strategies that have been used by pros and amateurs alike since Smash 64.

At least you're learning though! :p

Mama

Smash Ace
I hate Brawl Forums.
ROFL!!

A special chuckle at Trampoline. (Or juggling as its called by everyone else)

I don't know what the point of this thread was. I'm guessing you're just naming things you've seen? Well thats all fine and dandy but its not something I'd recommend you do hear. Lots of people have their own names for things but so does the Smash community.

Capt. Oli

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice. I will surely be using this newfound knowledge to my advantage in Brawl!

Fail.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
joke thread guys calm down.... i hope if not ROLMFAOoooooooo

he wont explain his secret pro like maneuvers he calls. aerial art T__T

Enoch-Fox

Smash Cadet
successful troll is once again successful

everyone at this place has zero ability to pick up on this sort of thing
it's pretty lols

i called airdodging a glitch once and people thought I was serious

Deft

Smash Cadet
yeah this is actually a hilarious and awesome thread. I personally hope brawl doesn't have huge barrier-forming techniques that an average gamer wouldn't possibly take the time to learn.

mattdude

Smash Rookie
aerial art is pretty much a shorthop double fair

ground hog is map control

trampoline is usually called juggling

the best one.. "come with me" is more commonly called the wall of pain.

yeah... why did i take the time to explain this?

spiffo

Smash Cadet
I've been watching some vids and I decided that I should put up a few more. looks like the competitive scene is evolving.

L-Defend: If an attack i used against you, you can press L (on the gamecube controller) and a bubble will show up to stop it

L-Blocker: different from L-Defend. When a projectile is used against you, you can press L (on the gamecube controller) and a bubble will deflect, (sometimes reflect back!) the projectile at yur opponent

AGGRESSIVE ASSAULT: When your opponent is on the other side of the screen, you hage at them and launch an attack as you get close

Punch Progression: After pressing A and launching an attack, you an press A againt quickly to perform another. If the animationonly repeats you did it wrong. You should try pressingit faster and you will see your character perform another quick attack. very useful for hitting.

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Why? You just wasted my time making this thread, even as a joke. I actually want to sue you for 10 minutes of time. Someone please close this ****, and pay attention to these thread to close all other **** on here. I'm tired of wasting my time on these boards with useless threads.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
hmmm i do this stuff... so i guess i'm a pro? doesn't everybody know these things?

Top Bottom