• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few things with Ganon's ^B and >B

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've noticed these two things about Ganon's special moves, and I'm not sure if anyone else has, but here goes...

On his side B, on Pictochat, I was fighting against G&W(AI), and I was off the stage to the left, up in the air. When I used his >B, it looked like he twirled around for a moment, and then gained a bit of height. Not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but if it's actually something possible, it would be a pretty cool recovery technique.

As for his ^B, I've noticed that, when recovering, if I grab the enemy near a ledge, and bounce them into it, Ganon ends up getting hit with something and flying away instead. Is the enemy just teching and hitting me back really hard, or is this another glitch that hates Ganon or something?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, I've noticed these two things about Ganon's special moves, and I'm not sure if anyone else has, but here goes...

On his side B, on Pictochat, I was fighting against G&W(AI), and I was off the stage to the left, up in the air. When I used his >B, it looked like he twirled around for a moment, and then gained a bit of height. Not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but if it's actually something possible, it would be a pretty cool recovery technique.

As for his ^B, I've noticed that, when recovering, if I grab the enemy near a ledge, and bounce them into it, Ganon ends up getting hit with something and flying away instead. Is the enemy just teching and hitting me back really hard, or is this another glitch that hates Ganon or something?
For the side-B, if you get hit and then use it, I think that's how you get that effect.

I've never seen that thing you mentioned with up-B though.

@using downB into wall (next post):
Yes, that does happen. I think it's been like that since Melee, but I could be wrong. Walled stages are generally banned so it's rarely messed around with.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
For the side-B, if you get hit and then use it, I think that's how you get that effect.

I've never seen that thing you mentioned with up-B though.
I've also noticed that if you vB into a wall, you jump off it(IIRC... I may be thinking of something else, been a while since I've actually done it, since it's actual tactical usage is almost none).

Sliq

Smash Master
I've also noticed that if you vB into a wall, you jump off it(IIRC... I may be thinking of something else, been a while since I've actually done it, since it's actual tactical usage is almost none).
This is REALLY old, happening with Cpt. Falcon in ****ing SMASH 64.

Ganon's up b had 0 hitstun, meaning people can hit you out of the explosion, since the moment they come out of the move, the are in control of their character. So characters with fast enough moves can hit you out of your up b.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
This is REALLY old, happening with Cpt. Falcon in ****ing SMASH 64.

Ganon's up b had 0 hitstun, meaning people can hit you out of the explosion, since the moment they come out of the move, the are in control of their character. So characters with fast enough moves can hit you out of your up b.
****ing Sakurai'd

Anyway. what about his >B? Any explanation for that? The slight altitude gained could make it more useful for recovery.

GoldA

Smash Rookie
****ing Sakurai'd

Anyway. what about his >B? Any explanation for that? The slight altitude gained could make it more useful for recovery.
Was GaW by any chance under you using his uair?

Shamoo

Smash Cadet

This happened in Melee and not Brawl right?

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Was GaW by any chance under you using his uair?
I don't believe so. However, it was on Pictochat, so it was kind of hard to see him, especially since it was the version with a bunch of small platforms.

Top Bottom