• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A fresh and sleek new HUD

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Noob question, is there any way to use the "sleek" HUD w/squares on normal Brawl? (Not P:M or vBrawl, etc)

When I use it, it does shrink the battle portrait but doesn't use the stock icons or number font.
vBrawl is normal brawl. the V stands for Vanilla, a common term for "no-modifications".

Are you sure you are placing everything in the right folders?

Also, I'm working on creating little sword/dagger style stock icons. It's hard to get a clear detailed image out of 16x16 pixels, but I've been experimenting a lot. Once I get a version that doesn't look like a popcicles that is also visible ingame, I'll post it here for addition to the OP or just for casual use.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
vBrawl is normal brawl. the V stands for Vanilla, a common term for "no-modifications".

Are you sure you are placing everything in the right folders?
Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know vBrawl was normal Brawl.

But everytime I use any info.pac the game doesn't get past the initial loading screen.
I put it in the directory (Root)/Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac

I know it's not the file size cause it's smaller than the one I normally use.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
Thing is that when I put it in Info2 folder as "Info.pac" my game will freeze after the initial load screen. It doesn't freeze when I rename it to "Info_en.pac" but it doesn't actually load. Only the Portrite folder is working, as it does change my icons.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thing is that when I put it in Info2 folder as "Info.pac" my game will freeze after the initial load screen. It doesn't freeze when I rename it to "Info_en.pac" but it doesn't actually load. Only the Portrite folder is working, as it does change my icons.
Try this

I now re-call that something went wrong in the original upload and our Info.pac went over the file-size limit. Sorry for the trouble.

Sorry, no updates on the Grid HUD just yet. New BrawlBox will make it much easier to finish though...if my dang laptop wasn't so old.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
@Shun I don't think size is the issue. I tried that version of the info.pac & many other info.pacs that alter the HUD from other sources. None of them work without me renaming it to info_en.pac & when I do that it seems to bypass & not load it. But when I leave it as info.pac it causes my game to freeze upon the initial loading screen.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
Shun - I'm using Gecko. I'm going to double check if I don't have another .pac in my sd card that contains info.pac because that's what happened to me before with common5.pac & selmap.pac.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
The 12/9 HUD looks pretty good, although I can't seem to download it. Could you add a link?

Kneato

Totoro Joe
For some reason, using the info.pac file for this hud freezes the game when the intro cinematic is supposed to play. Anyone else having this issue? Will this be updated for 2.6?

hamyojo

Smash Ace
For some reason, using the info.pac file for this hud freezes the game when the intro cinematic is supposed to play. Anyone else having this issue? Will this be updated for 2.6?

Ah, um, I don't know. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm not surprised.

Hopefully we can get it working, but we're not sure if this will/can be updated. Probably not for a bit.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i tried it last night, it works, you probably placed it in the wrong foldesr

HxS

Smash Rookie
It works perfectly on my friend's Wii as well as on my own for 2.6, so it doesn't need to be updated.

I would however like to see an HUD made in this style that you were previously designing:

It looks like you're no longer planning on making an HUD like this, but I think it looks really nice and would be the best available custom HUD to use.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
I'm not sure whats up with mine then. I know it was in the right folder and I tried three times then swapped in my old modified 2.5b info.pac and that worked fine. Something wonky going on with my configurable usb loader maybe.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It works perfectly on my friend's Wii as well as on my own for 2.6, so it doesn't need to be updated.

I would however like to see an HUD made in this style that you were previously designing:

It looks like you're no longer planning on making an HUD like this, but I think it looks really nice and would be the best available custom HUD to use.
Yeah, I sort of moved on from that design because there was no way to actually do it when we started. I may revisit it later, but I've currently got a full plate in terms of projects (including another HUD I'm fixing up)

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Shun, if you have a minute, could you list all the files in the info.pac that are changed for this HUD? I could copy them out of the original info.pac and paste them into the 2.6 info.pac.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun, if you have a minute, could you list all the files in the info.pac that are changed for this HUD? I could copy them out of the original info.pac and paste them into the 2.6 info.pac.
Sure. The easiest thing to do is just copy MiscData30 and port it over to PM2.6 info.pac.

All of the changes are stored there.

HxS

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I sort of moved on from that design because there was no way to actually do it when we started. I may revisit it later, but I've currently got a full plate in terms of projects (including another HUD I'm fixing up)
Okay I gotcha. If you do ever return to that design then I'll be the first to download it! For now I really enjoy the current HUDs you're working on as well though.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
It is possible to have the new and sleek HUD on the front page be changed to Shun's style of where the damage percentage colour goes from yellow>orange.red?

That would make it perfect. Thanks!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It is possible to have the new and sleek HUD on the front page be changed to Shun's style of where the damage percentage colour goes from yellow>orange.red?

That would make it perfect. Thanks!
Asketh, and thou shall recieveth.

Download

Includes the missing BP's for 2.6 as well. Toss them in your info/portrite folder. They are for Sonic. The info.pac goes in your info2 folder. I trust someone else to add this to the 2.5 pack and stuff. Shun out.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Shun you're a miracle worker. Many thanks.

I don't mean to be picky but after testing out the file there's just a few small issues with it:

- the battle portrait isn't shaped and bordered like the Hud on the front page
- the 0's on the damage counter are all smaller than the rest of the numbers

If these could be touched up I'd be so appreciative, although I do know you have other things to work on =).

Only reason why I prefer this style of Hud more is that it hides the character's names and has a sexy percentage looking counter. Thanks again!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun you're a miracle worker. Many thanks.

I don't mean to be picky but after testing out the file there's just a few small issues with it:

- the battle portrait isn't shaped and bordered like the Hud on the front page
- the 0's on the damage counter are all smaller than the rest of the numbers

If these could be touched up I'd be so appreciative, although I do know you have other things to work on =).

Only reason why I prefer this style of Hud more is that it hides the character's names and has a sexy percentage looking counter. Thanks again!
Need you to elaborate more on the BP border being shaped wrong. I literally edited the original file on that one.

On the other thing, yeah, my bad. I have an out-dated info.pac laying around and used it by mistake (I have too many of those things). The one below is fixed (and doubles as a 2.6 release, I guess).

Download

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Need you to elaborate more on the BP border being shaped wrong. I literally edited the original file on that one.

On the other thing, yeah, my bad. I have an out-dated info.pac laying around and used it by mistake (I have too many of those things). The one below is fixed (and doubles as a 2.6 release, I guess).

Download
awesome. I was able to import the portrites and the MiscData[30] into the info.pac for the 5.4m Stage Expansion for 2.6!! Thanks! Looks amazing.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Good job! You revived a dead thread!

EDIT: To answer your question, I do not believe that they will work with 2.6b.
;~; my heart

But, I just edited the OP. It DOES work for 2.6b.

I'm really sorry I've kinda left this so far behind, I've been busy and this just got lost somewhere. I'm not sure if I'll do any more with it, and it seems others are doing way more work than me. I mean, that's kinda how it always was, but I used to at least participate a lot more.
I'm sorry, there probably wont be much in the future, but I do want to update this for future versions. I still love it and want to keep supporting it.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
If it's the right file afterall, then yes. You can also copy a huge bit of the file in Brawlbox and import it to info_training.pac to get these to show in training too.

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm still completely taken by the melee hud, but players have trouble determining which character's percent is their own (no one seems to keep in mind their controller port or their character's franchise symbol). If you do revisit the melee hud, perhaps retaining the character's name at the bottom would help.

B.W.

Smash Champion
There was a version where the player had their characters stock icon next to the stock bubbles. It was awesome, I wish it was updated

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm still completely taken by the melee hud, but players have trouble determining which character's percent is their own (no one seems to keep in mind their controller port or their character's franchise symbol). If you do revisit the melee hud, perhaps retaining the character's name at the bottom would help.
It's pretty simple to tell which character is which completely based upon the icon colors at the bottom and the icons themselves, especially considering the character select screen boxes are colored in the same manner. How do they get confused?

Kati

Smash Lord
team matches negate your first point, and the icons are slightly obscured by the percent, but hey, I'm not the one who has trouble. I think that I'll just have to get into the habit of warning people before they play.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
team matches negate your first point, and the icons are slightly obscured by the percent, but hey, I'm not the one who has trouble. I think that I'll just have to get into the habit of warning people before they play.
Maybe, but it seems like common sense to know which port you're plugged into and that that is where you will be at the bottom of the screen.

Kati

Smash Lord
Indeed. A rare thing that common sense.

I want to use the melee hud with the newly release 12 stage expansion pack. Which individual files do I need from the info.pac file?

Top Bottom