• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a friend in need of help............

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok i have a friend that plays samus and he wont pick anyone else besides samus.i dont have anything against samus but i dont think he plays her right.i know that everyone has there own style but he has a major problem of rushing and will almost never missile spam or keep his distance.the only person he will spam against and run is against my ic and omfg is he good @ it he almost made me quit ic........almost anyway i just need some pro player to say if its better to rush or to camp with samus

in a day or two ill get a vid of me playing him so u all can c what i mean.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Samus doesn't have the speed to rush headlong into something...You need to be patient, space well, and get in safe hits. Especially if you're playing someone fast, like falcon, you can go from 0 to 50 % so fast you wont even know what happened...Being patient and playing defensively will prevent that.

Missle spamming isn't everything tho...it's just a tactic. Keep your opponent off guard to allow you to sneak in an attack. Unless your edge guarding with them...then its just spam spam spam away, hope to get a hit in lol

Moves like ftilt and dsmash make samus's game, moves that deal reasonable damage, have fantastic knockback to keep people out of your face, and long range so that you can space them in. Get him to watch videos of a pro samus player, he'll see what I'm talking about.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i prefer to camp with samus, however lots of people spam missiles...including me, but thats just how n00bs play the game. so i guess there's nothing more i can say to that.

Super Samus 99

Smash Apprentice
If he likes rushing,tell him to kick his speed game up a level and pick Falcon.Samus's dash and dashdance arn't that good.Andromon mostly has it down.I think good Samus players should be able to apply pressure at any time with constant missile firing.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
Why are you asking for advice for your friend? Maybe you could go to the character boards that you use to know what you should do. I think its situational to camp or rush depending on the character. For example, against a shine comboy not campy falco, spam. If they spam then try to spam and get closer.

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
Look I think that is is fine. Sooner or later he will start to get the hang of her more and then will be very good with her, and for now you should just suggest to him about other characters.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i do tell him to pick other characters but he dont listen al he will pick is samus he isnt that bad with samus he just dosent get that many wins on me or my other friends thats all.but i guess there isnt anything can do for him oh well,but thanks for trying 2 help everyone

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Everybody has to start somewhere...Be constructive, try to help, but dont bash him...

Evan-(Harm)

Smash Cadet
with wave dashing and dash dancing samus can be quite fast, i can keep up with foxes and falcos speed. Although it is best to play a more defensive style, samus can pull out some disgusting combos when the opportunity arrises.

Top Bottom