• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good secondary for zelda ?

acojan

Smash Apprentice
i was having problems with marth and MK and wolf... like most people..... and i really need to consider getting a counterpick for them .... any suggestions ?

it would be better if they didn't have swords cuz i have sword peoplez..... and not DDD cuz hez fat and annoying lmao

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
funny... zelda is actually one of the better matchups against metak knight.

marth has lots of trouble with projectiles I think... as for wolf... theres a lot that fare well against him, so take your pick.

Facet

Smash Cadet
if i'm not mistaken, marth can down-b din's fire all day long
If you vary your timing between exploding Dins at the earliest and latest frames in can hit him, Im pretty sure you can outsmart counter.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
If you vary your timing between exploding Dins at the earliest and latest frames in can hit him, Im pretty sure you can outsmart counter.
I'm sure thats true if you manage to get the full amount of distance away from marth.
he's got a decent running speed, and usually even if you can throw a dins without fear of punishment, marth is close enough that the hit box size on din's isn't amazing

i haven't done any real testing though, so maybe you're right.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it depends on who can get into whose head actually.

Facet

Smash Cadet
Sorry for stating the obvious, but Shiek is a prudent secondary choice since you can basically counterpick midmatch... even though 95% of the time you'd rather be Zelda.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for stating the obvious, but Shiek is a prudent secondary choice since you can basically counterpick midmatch... even though 95% of the time you'd rather be Zelda.
Actually there are a lot of times that Sheik is a better choice. I mean I rarely use zelda and generally use sheik but there are very few times that I find Sheik to be useless/less effective than zelda. Either way Sheik is a good choice as a secondary. I just had to comment on how Sheik is not useless as you imply it in your post.

Facet

Smash Cadet
Shiek is better than several characters, just not Zelda, which is why she doesnt get much playing time from yours truly.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's a matter of playstyle. For me Zelda is most definitely not a good character. She is too slow for me which is why I use Sheik more often.

Facet

Smash Cadet
I mained Shiek in melee so I know what you mean, but speed isnt everything.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Good secondaries would be people w/ different gameplay styles. Zelda is a very defensive character, so use someone who is on the offensive and quick.

Sheik, MK, Marth....those are just a few. Fast people w/ fast moves. Diddy maybe also.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Speed isn't everything but when it is my primary concern while playing brawl I choose characters who are fast. It is imo more fun to play as a quick character. Sonic is a descent choice to if you can get over the fact that he kind of sucks. (Don't even say he doesn't and he is my #1 main so it's not like I hate him)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I've had troubles with Marth too. My secondary is Wolf, but I try to get decent with a lot of people. Other than Wolf and Zelda who I consider my top 2 I also like Link, Bowser, Peach, and Lucas.

Top Bottom