• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A hint at SSBU's release date?

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I have a hunch the controllers are coming before the game

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Mmm, I don't think so, but it's fair to say the game is coming out in late november.
I think any time in November is very likely. I'm thinking mid-late though too.
This could very well mean that smash is coming around the same time, I mean this kinda is one of the main reasons they're bringing it back

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
I have a hunch the controllers are coming before the game
I can imagine them releasing the controllers a week or two in advance. In other words, I expect SSBU by November 28th at the latest. Given SSB3D will be released on a Friday/Saturday (Friday here, Saturday for Japan) I think we can expect it on the 21st or 22nd, since they'll likely want to get the game released before Black Friday, the 28th.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I heard it was November 21st alongside Pokemon ORAS. And in Europe, listed for November 28th just like ORAS in that country. Interesting find.

Hey, the sooner the better!

EDIT: Actually, for the controllers... It is kinda expected. Some accessories were released some time before a game's release that would make use of peripherals. I remember Donkey Konga had the drums out before the game a few days before back in 2004. Then those rare cases of guide books. As well as Wii U accessories coming out a week before the console launched.

Last edited:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
I like the Yoshi one.

Give me a WeeGee and Rosie one though. <3
Agreed! I wonder if they'll ultimately make a style for each character. I'd buy Ness, Rosalina, and Snake controllers in a heartbeat.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Agreed! I wonder if they'll ultimately make a style for each character.
If they're popular enough then they might release others, but don't expect variations for any but the absolute most popular Nintendo characters. :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What the hell? When did nintendo anmounce these? Why isn't this on the front page of smashboards? This is literally what people have been asking for forever. An updated GC controller with a second bumper and digital triggers.

Do ya know if these controllers have clickable sticks?
Are these only available online?

EDIT: Oh they're 3rd party controllerz...

I doubt 3rd parties know when the game'll be released...unless...are these for the 3DS?

I don't think I'll be getting them. I'm sure that after playing the 3DS version for a couple of months that I'll be used to the diamond shaped ABXY button layout. A non diamond shaped ABXY layout aint good for alot of games.

Last edited:

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
What, is this legit nintendo stuff? didnt think they would change the controller design.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let's just hope it won't release on December 31st 2014

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Remember, guys, these controller function as Classic Controllers, which means they go connected to a Wiimote.

I hope SSBU doesn't release too late.

ChickenCarm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonCarmine
I have a connection with a video game distributor ( I can get games early like Gamestop does). Originally the release date for Smash for Wii U was 11/28/14 but a couple of weeks ago it changed to 11/21/14. I don't know if this means anything but maybe it could be hinting at something

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I think it might be relevant.
Seeing as they are releasing a crap ton of Mario accessories, skepticism is very viable here though.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
But are they still releasing the Smash 4 U bundle with the game, adapter, and controller when Smash finally drops?

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Whether or not it comes out November 28th, I'm still gonna get it on Christmas...I think!...

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
They said holiday, so it could mean December, but I won't be surprised if we see it November, since SM3DW originally once said December, but it was moved to November.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think their goal is to have it on shelves before Christmas Eve. If they are able to do the necessary bug testing and print and ship the WiiU games and bundles and such a bit earlier, then they will. I'm sure they'd love to have some November sales to look forward to. I think they've kept it at "Winter 2014" to give themselves the needed wiggle room necessary to put out the quality that is expected.

And no, I don't think a third party controller has any bearing on the release date, sorry.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
*IF* it doesn't get delayed, I'm guessing it'll be around November 21st.
That's when Nintendo usually releases their big holiday titles.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Ew... Those look a lot like the Pelican controllers. Guys, I don't think you'll want those.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
The release is no longer Winter guys, it's Holiday 2014. Holiday ranging from November to December. It's already on the official website, Winter is no longer a given.

Edit: For it to be released in Winter is still possible though. I just wanted you guys to know it's Holiday now instead of Winter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom