• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Bat Drop

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I invented a new way of doing the bat drop and I'm trying to get a camera to record it, but here it is:
1) Grab bat
2) Stand next to bag
3) Short Hop
4) Drop bat
5) Use spike/meteor smash move TWICE (1st time catches bat, 2nd time uses move)

NOTE: Only works with characters that have FAST spikes/meteor smashes, like Falco and the like. Yoshi, Peach, and Wolf are reasonably good for this, while characters with long wind-up times like Mario and Donkey Kong can't do this.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
does the bat hit?

and this has been done since homerun contest was out.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Oh... I thought they were doing FULL jumps-it looked like it. I apologize. I watched a Falco HRC video on YouTube and compared my way and theirs and they looked really different. I short-hop next to the bag and drop the bat almost immediately and do the double-aerial. They looked like they were waiting a little or something.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I made a vid of Samus doing this a bunch of times against the wall until it broke. I couldn't record so I saved it as a replay and submitted it.

It works, and might be useful for early damage, but from what I've seen it doesn't work as well as normal BDs. I haven't really followed HRC records so I don't know how it works in this game, but the world record holders seem to do more damage than I did, using less bat drops. I'm guessing either because of diminishing returns, or they're using bat throw downs.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
I made a vid of Samus doing this a bunch of times against the wall until it broke. I couldn't record so I saved it as a replay and submitted it.

It works, and might be useful for early damage, but from what I've seen it doesn't work as well as normal BDs. I haven't really followed HRC records so I don't know how it works in this game, but the world record holders seem to do more damage than I did, using less bat drops. I'm guessing either because of diminishing returns, or they're using bat throw downs.

Why not record the replay? I mean, it can't be that hard to get a camera.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I feel his pain. It is pretty hard-I have never recorded any of my matches because I have never been able to lay my hands on a camera (but the replay feature is helping).

Anyway, I do seem to notice that they achieve more damage-whether from me sucking at this technique (I've only had about 1 total hour of practice) or other reasons I'm not sure. However, I have seen the speed of my technique, and it's WAY faster than theirs, so I think if they tried it and pulled it off quickly and consistently they could probably own the sandbag so much it'd be scary for the rest of us.:dizzy:

Top Bottom