• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a new idea for future IC strategies (maybe)

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
After messing around with the de-synchs I came up with something I've never seen to keep their actions separated.

The taunts

Although it's worse to have one ice climber only while the other taunts, this might have a positive side after all. Maybe you could use popo to taunt while nana does some safe attacks without risking taking damage. Another thing that came to mind was to approach by the air while nana covers the ground with ice blocks, this doesn't seem to work because nana does nothing. Another possible thing is to split them and brutally surround the enemy with something, anything.

Sorry if this was already mentioned or discussed; I am currently an IC beginner afterall.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
I have not necessarily heard of this for brawl but i know in melee some people use to do it as a joke I think it was call the baby ruth or something. The mechanisim of the game has changed so it may possible be a flashy attack ... >_< to finish off someones last stock ;\. Generally I think taunting makes people want to pawn you more... or play harder.

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
I always thought taunting was seen as an insult. Anyway I like doing these because my control stick isn't working that good to the right, so I have a harder time desynching and this is a sweet relief that allows me to keep my desynch longer.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's fun taunting while desyncing, I do it quite often in brawl, usually I'll use the up or down taunt since they last longer, and people usually see that as a time to attack so they run at me thinking I'm open, and end up getting hit by the other instead, there's a part where I did that in a combo video I made too.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Does anyone here know any desyncs that are both practical for battle and easy to learn? I'm having trouble finding these kinds of desyncs and some are really difficult... Could anyone tell me some easy ones?

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here know any desyncs that are both practical for battle and easy to learn? I'm having trouble finding these kinds of desyncs and some are really difficult... Could anyone tell me some easy ones?

I am intrested in hearing this as well

KRDsonic

Smash Master
you could always do the blond roll, where you press both L or R and over at the exact same time to make them roll opposite ways. It's easy to learn and is pretty quick, and can be used against anyone without too much problems.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
you could always do the blond roll, where you press both L or R and over at the exact same time to make them roll opposite ways. It's easy to learn and is pretty quick, and can be used against anyone without too much problems.
I tried it and it seems like they roll the same way. Are we pressing "both" L and R simultanously or are we pressing R then L so roll and while rollnig and press L

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I heard that blond roll isn't a good desync since it leaves Nana wide open... I was wondering if there was a desync that is easy and makes is so that both the Ice Climbers are relatively close to each other so that I don't have to chase after Nana if she is smashed off the edge...

B0NK

Smash Lord
I tried it and it seems like they roll the same way. Are we pressing "both" L and R simultanously or are we pressing R then L so roll and while rollnig and press L
He said L or R simultaneously with the control stick not L and R.

Another fast one is a pivot desynch which is just doing a pivot attack, like with ice block, which leaves Nana behind because she can't pivot.

Taunting while desyched is just a good way to keep the desynch going without attacking so it looks like an opening for the opponent when it really isn't. Great for opponents who don't play Ice Climbers often.

Bros229

Smash Cadet
im not sure, ill put some effort into learning some tonight and post back here tomorow. if anyone has any ideas post them here or pm me and ikll try them all out and reply back here when im done.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
He said L or R simultaneously with the control stick not L and R.

Another fast one is a pivot desynch which is just doing a pivot attack, like with ice block, which leaves Nana behind because she can't pivot.

Taunting while desyched is just a good way to keep the desynch going without attacking so it looks like an opening for the opponent when it really isn't. Great for opponents who don't play Ice Climbers often.
I do the pivit one i find it helpful for a mixup and tricks However the L one still not really succuessful.

Anyone have advise on forward throw chain grabs?

Bros229

Smash Cadet
the pivot is very useful. but the most useful i noticed, and probably the fasterst and most reliable way is to dash dance. just dash back and forth like two or three times and theyre desynched.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Start-up desynch and Pivot Desynchs are the fastest and most effective desynchs.

Top Bottom