• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new leak? 4channer leaks interesting "info"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Sounds like made up "leak" from 4chan with no sort of reliable source designed to get peoples hopes up so they will be crushed when it doesn't happen.

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up for any of this to be true unless we get some hard evidence.

Last edited:

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Source?

Even if you could unlock characters by linking the 3DS and Wii U together, how would that work exactly?

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
Sounds like made up "leak" from 4chan with no sort of reliable source designed to get peoples hopes up so they will be crushed when it doesn't happen.

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up for any of this to be true unless we get some hard evidence.
Th only reason why I brought it up was because it sounded somewhat familiar... Wasn't there a leak on NeoGaf the night Smash was released in Japan?

Source?

Even if you could unlock characters by linking the 3DS and Wii U together, how would that work exactly?
Source hunting isn't my thing, seems to be another 4chan leak. But after what happened last time...

Last edited:

Kuzeele

Smash Cadet
It'd be really cool if that were real, but I have in mind that any leak stating Ridley is playable is fake, too good to be true.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
In my eyes, all leaks are fake until video and pictorial evidence is provided.
I advise people to also take this viewpoint, lest they get their hopes up and have them crushed, because this is likely an attempt to do just that.

R0Y

Smash Master
Source?

Random "leaker" on 4chan. Users on 4chan are anonymous to other users and doesn't require an e-mail to register so that's often where fake and real leaks occur.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
This was proven fake the moment he stated everything was unlocked from the start

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
In my eyes, all leaks are fake until video and pictorial evidence is provided.
I advise people to also take this viewpoint, lest they get their hopes up and have them crushed, because this is likely an attempt to do just that.
At the same time, however, it would be best t track down the source and find more info ASAP, so we can snuff this "leak" out quickly before it becomes viral, or at the very least find some credibility.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Ridley losing/growing wings? Really? When has that ever happened? This leak seamed so promising besides that, well Impa sounds bland too. I'm calling shenanigans.

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
That "Tower of Smash" sounds like something Sakurai would put in, but everything else seems way too far fetched (I dunno if Ridley growing and regrowing wings is actually canon or not, since I don't play a whole lot of Metroid) and until I see more reliable info, I'm not believing a thing.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think this is fake however i think a tower of smash is possible.So this is what i'm gonna do if sakurai comes out and says there is a tower of smash this leak is 100% real and i'm on the bandwagon.

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
Well, there's only 2 reasons I even have an interest in it.

1. This guy's claim http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153 (Forgive me, not sure how to shorten this in this type of forum.) coincides with the 4chan leaker's claims.

2. The Mystery data missing from the 3DS game itself. As shown here, http://i.imgur.com/PtfcSVM.png (sorry again) There is a HUGE chunk of missing data from what the game claims it is. In fact, its almost as big as the game itself. This could be what was missing the whole time.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
The leak says that characters in the wii u will be unlocked automatically but sakurai said in a pic of the day that characters would be harder to unlock in the wii u version so i'm calling this fake.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
The leak says that characters in the wii u will be unlocked automatically but sakurai said in a pic of the day that characters would be harder to unlock in the wii u version so i'm calling this fake.
He said this? Link?
That's great news!

Count Bleck

Smash Cadet
If you can source this than we can put this entire rumor out to pasture. Whenever you find it, please post it.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier." August 27th. Yeah not exactly saying character unlock methods are harder. Sorry. I feel it is sort of implied though.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
That "Tower of Smash" sounds like something Sakurai would put in, but everything else seems way too far fetched (I dunno if Ridley growing and regrowing wings is actually canon or not, since I don't play a whole lot of Metroid) and until I see more reliable info, I'm not believing a thing.
I'm a Metroid fan, and can confirm this never happened; the closes thing was his wings getting burned off in Prime and eventually growing back (or possibly being reconstructed) by Corruption, but that's nowhere near the same ballpark as instantly regrowing them during battle.

As for the leak itself... I so, so want this to be true, but it almost certainly isn't.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think we should take this leak with several thousand grains of salt.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While seeing Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo's inclusion would make me overjoyed, we do not let leak or rumor threads in the general forums. Feel free to bring this to the Rumor and Leak Social Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom