• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Mario Enemy?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I guess Kamek could have their strong points... They appear everywhere and came in a lovely vareity of colors in Paper Mario (they were called magikoopas, but same look), but they strike me as being in the generic character pool.

Petey's stature is too different...that big head would be too broken. I wonder why he makes so many uncalled for appearances.
No.....Kamek is Kamek. A magikoopa is a koopa mage. Kamek is a powerful magikoopa who is Bowzer's right hand man. And Kamek would be awesome in Brawl.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Actually, "Magikoopa" is called "Kamek" in Japan. It's only in America where the two words are differentiated.

Interestingly enough, I don't believe there's ever been a game that has THE Kamek that's Bowser's babysitter/keeper/whatever and generic magikoopas as well within the same game. Maybe it's because THE Kamek is from the past when Mario was a baby and was the only Koopa capable of that type of magic, but by present day Magikoopas had become commonplace.

(on that note, THE Kamek is more of a parent than a right-hand man. He only ever shows up alongside Baby Bowser and is always portrayed as being his caretaker. A possible exception is if "Magikoopa" in Super Mario RPG is THE Kamek which would make that game his only present day appearance, but that's probably not the case because that game came before Yoshi's Island and was also made by Square, not Nintendo)

A more analogous to a right-hand man magikoopa for Bowser was Kammy Koopa from the Paper Mario series.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
petey pirahna is more recognizable by new players, thos tha have played sunshine to newer games, while old school gamers may not know who he is... ur rezoning in how petey is more popular than kamek sadens me...
Hmm....Petey Pirahna would be Brawl's comic relief character lol.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Actually, "Magikoopa" is called "Kamek" in Japan. It's only in America where the two words are differentiated.

Interestingly enough, I don't believe there's ever been a game that has THE Kamek that's Bowser's babysitter/keeper/whatever and generic magikoopas as well within the same game. Maybe it's because THE Kamek is from the past when Mario was a baby and was the only Koopa capable of that type of magic, but by present day Magikoopas had become commonplace.

(on that note, THE Kamek is more of a parent than a right-hand man. He only ever shows up alongside Baby Bowser and is always portrayed as being his caretaker. A possible exception is if "Magikoopa" in Super Mario RPG is THE Kamek which would make that game his only present day appearance, but that's probably not the case because that game came before Yoshi's Island and was also made by Square, not Nintendo)

A more analogous to a right-hand man magikoopa for Bowser was Kammy Koopa from the Paper Mario series.
Oh, her name was Kammy? Musta gotten the 2 confused. I just assumed that Kamek from Yoshi's Island became Bowzer's right hand gal from Paper Mario, kinda like Ozzy was to Magus. But Kammy would be just as perfect. Make it so!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I'm quite certain the Kamek from Bowser's Baby days is a he, while Kammy is a she.

I imagine Kamek (THE Kamek) probably retired or something down the line as he got older (Hypnokamek in Mario & Luigi is probably not him. For one thing, the personalities are different and the name is Hypnokamek and not Kamek, too. That'd be like saying Toad is Toadster and Toadette). I don't have Yoshi Island DS so sadly I don't know if he has any interaction with older Bowser, there (Kamek and Older Bowser never get a chance to interact in Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, sadly. Interestingly enough, Baby Bowser allegedly recognizes Older Bowser in Yoshi Island DS, indicating that Partners in TIme DID happen, contrary to those who think Mario games have no continuity)

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
ha... ur kiddin rite? Old school players and new will recognize kamek more easily (he did appear in yoshis island ds rite?), kamek has been around since the snes days, that guy would make a good smash character, while petey pirahna is more recognizable by new players, thos tha have played sunshine to newer games, while old school gamers may not know who he is... ur rezoning in how petey is more popular than kamek sadens me...
im an old school gamer myself and love kamek but petey would be more recognizable among people in general. Petey for some reason has been in a crapload of games and Nintendo must have some reason for it so i think that if they have another mario baddy it'll be him. And i think u should show ur opinions without being a jerk about it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Whoever said Kamek is a generic character is full of it. He is his own character. True in Japan they call magikoopas Kamek but they also call Bowser, Koopa. This doesn't mean that there is more then one Bowser, he is just named differently. Kamek is Baby Bowser's guardian in both Yoshi's Island and PiT. As Tiamat has stated, somewhere along the line he must have just retired and was then replaced with Kammy.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
*does some wikipedia research*

Hmm... apparently present day Kamek in Yoshi's Island DS was working with present day Bowser to hatch the plot that happens in that game, so I guess Kamek IS still around even in the present day (and it's pretty hard to confuse THE Kamek with generic kameks/magikoopas in a Yoshi Island game).

Also, there's a Kamek that magically makes himself giant in Super Princess Peach who is allegedly implied to be the leader of the magikoopas, indicating that maybe that's THE Kamek who also commands all the other... kameks.

I haven't played either of those games to find out firsthand myself, though.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Er... by the way, these are spoilers if anyone hasn't found out already.

Yea, Yoshi's Island DS has Adult Bowser plotting with Present DayKamek to go back in time to steal 8 special souls or something like that. With the power of those 8 souls, he can conquer the world, but they exist only in 8 babies.

I think Bowser is unaware of the specific babies he needs but has an idea, at least. The babies they exist in that Bowser needs to kidnap are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser (Yep. Remember though that Adult Bowser doesn't know the specific babies. I'm sure he would have objected to the plan if he knew he had to kill himself), and Yoshi (a baby Yoshi, not the one you play as. This Baby Yoshi is possibly the one that grows up to be THE Yoshi Mario would ride in later games, given that the Yoshi you play as might be too old by then and never met Mario before Super Mario World. Hey, Mario even fixes its own plot holes, sometimes!).

Baby Bowser recognizes Bowser and neither one realizes they are one and the same person, which indicates that their meeting in Mario Partners in Time DID happen (take that, all you people who say Mario games have no continuity). This is why Baby Bowser helps you throughout the game (at least, until the end). Past Day Kamek catches on though which is why he's your antagonist throughout the game.

Note that this is all stuff I've seen others say about the game. I haven't gotten it, myself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
im an old school gamer myself and love kamek but petey would be more recognizable among people in general. Petey for some reason has been in a crapload of games and Nintendo must have some reason for it so i think that if they have another mario baddy it'll be him. And i think u should show ur opinions without being a jerk about it.
Petey pirahna aint as recognizable as kamek, not many will recognize petey pirahna, eventually people will think hes just some pirahna plant out of the tube, thats is, while kamek will be recognizable thanx to yoshis island and many other popular games, many may forget his name, but some will go: oh hes that wizad thing from yoshis island, petey priahna has appeared in more games recently yes, stilll I think nintendo is just triyin to make him famous while actually he aint very original, hes just a pirahna plants with legs (and arms if u consider his leafs to be arms), and they just give him a name, kamek ir more original, they transform a simple koopa, into koopa that uses magic, glases, and a broomstick to fly, and is bowsers caretaker (he is right?) when he was a baby, besides like sakurai said he prefers retro characters over new, so thus kamek has a better chance than petey, also I find petey enourmous head to be distracting, adn would have way too much reach when he headbutss or something...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Playing as some big fugly planthead like Petey in a game like Smash Bros. would probably be a rather... unique experience, to say the least.

Kamek in one of the Mario Party Advance games is the main villain or so and even has a storyline where he decides to forgive Yoshi for always being a pain in his butt, so to speak. Dunno if it's the same Kamek as the other Mario Party games, but I don't think it really matters.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Boshi for sure. Maybe he could take of his shades and shoot laser beams oput of his eyes or something terribly pointless like that. Maybe take of that cahin colar and use it to beat mario upside his head... I'd like that ^.^

As well koopa Troopa and Dry Bones better join thje cast. Dry bones can throw his bones and Koopa can pull some crazy Karate XD (Ever play Paper Mario?). King Boo fo sho. He could use his lick attack and his recovery could mimick sheik and disapear then re-appear. I'd also say Goomba but his move set kinda looks like this:
A- Walk
A^-Walk
A>-Walk
Av- Walk
B- Walk
B^- Walk
B>- Walk
Bv-Walk
Aerial- None he can't jump/fly unless he's a paragoomba
Grabs- He doesnt have arms!!!

I'd like to see Ken chainthrow with Goomba XD.

EDIT:
Kammy makes me uber horney.
What's it like when the demons visit you at night?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmm....maybe they can use Boshi as an alternate costume for Yoshi with a modified moveset or something around those line.

Oh & Seyasha, that last comment was oh so funny! Heh heh! Hilarious!

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Hmm....maybe they can use Boshi as an alternate costume for Yoshi with a modified moveset or something around those line.

Oh & Seyasha, that last comment was oh so funny! Heh heh! Hilarious!
Yeah... I try :laugh:.

I was thinking about what you just said, and this gave me a great idea.

What if you unlock customes? Here's 3 examples:
You complete adventure mode with Link 3 times- New custome Shadow Link
Shadow Link comes with 3 alternate moves from Link.
You complete event match #16439843874- New costume 4-bit Mario
New new moves
You beat mega death handX- Alternate form: Shadow Mario
Hold A while the stage loads to transform into Shadow Mario.

That also gives me an Idea. maybe FLUDD should be a weapon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
4-bit mario? sure u dont mean 8-bit mario??... Nah I wouldnt like unlocking costumes, maybe I dont know special videos but of just one character, and hell why not the video biography would work XD...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Heh, "Behind the Scenes with Sakurai" special video. I wish there was some kind of video that showed what exactly those people go through every day in order to make a game like Melee or Brawl.

FLUDD is denied.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah... I try :laugh:.

I was thinking about what you just said, and this gave me a great idea.

What if you unlock customes? Here's 3 examples:
You complete adventure mode with Link 3 times- New custome Shadow Link
Shadow Link comes with 3 alternate moves from Link.
You complete event match #16439843874- New costume 4-bit Mario
New new moves
You beat mega death handX- Alternate form: Shadow Mario
Hold A while the stage loads to transform into Shadow Mario.

That also gives me an Idea. maybe FLUDD should be a weapon.
Your brainstorming was simply genius! Wish I had thought of it first.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i would say the hammer bros. they have been given the push from nintendo as they are a playable character in mario party 8 aswell as bloppper who has aslo playable in mario party 8. dry bones would work well. but over all i would say hammer bro/bros

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The hammer bros. and dry bones are very unlikely. They are both completely generic, their inclusion in a spin-off game doesn't effect their importance to the cannon series, and with such limited space in both the rooster and franchise representation they stand slim to no chance at all.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
The hammer bros. and dry bones are very unlikely. They are both completely generic, their inclusion in a spin-off game doesn't effect their importance to the cannon series, and with such limited space in both the rooster and franchise representation they stand slim to no chance at all.
Does Birdo have a chance?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
She has a higher chance than the hammer bros. and dry bones but I wouldn't count on it. The three Mario characters with the highest chances are: Bowser Jr, Kamek, and Toad. I really want Geno to be in but he doesn't stand a high chance and those that think he does are just really optimistic. Although I want him in I am not counting on his inclusion.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Loyal to the Egg Queen to the end, eh Starmanclock? Good thing I'm not lactose & tolerant or I'd be against you. I admire people like you. You don't seem to be a bandwagonish type of guy. (Sigh) If the rep. system were still up I'd give ya mad props with + rep. Stick to your beliefs no matter how many times people shoot them dowm. Whew, that was a mouthfull!

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I'd say yes. DSeeing as her growing popularity is creating fans I'd say Nintendo will more then likely include her/him/it. I mean she was in:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Golf

As well as a few other's I forgot/never played.

EDIT: I hope that her attacks inmclude alternate eggs. Example:
Egg
Fire Egg
Water Egg
ect.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Birdo? No, I'd rather not have any she-man's in Brawl. Might as well pick Shy Guy, whom I WOULD support if he wasn't in the generic pool. But yeah, there are more popular characters who feel like they would belong better than other characters.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Birdo? No, I'd rather not have any she-man's in Brawl. Might as well pick Shy Guy, whom I WOULD support if he wasn't in the generic pool. But yeah, there are more popular characters who feel like they would belong better than other characters.
Shy guy's customes:
Red Guy
Blue Guy
Yellow Guy
Green Guy
Purple Guy
Black Guy
White Guy
Fly Guy
Spy Guy
Stilt Guy
Baloon Guy
General Guy
Fire Guy
Ice Guy
Extremley Obese Guy (Paper Mario 64 XD)
Shy Guy Horde

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well shy guy are GENERIC, and I wouldnt like ANY generic characters in brawl, not goombas, not koopa troopas, not kopa paratroopas, not GENERIC characters, Kamek and Bowser jr/shadow mario as the new mario villains FTW!

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Off topic, but for items what about all those sweet vehicles in Kirby Air Ride?

Jet Star FTW!

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Shy guy's customes:
Red Guy
Blue Guy
Yellow Guy
Green Guy
Purple Guy
Black Guy
White Guy
Fly Guy