• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Progress Report

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Didn't dantarion already make a code to add more songs? (its not released but i remember seeing a video about it).
Yes, except it didn't play the song slot he added, even when it was the only song up...which is why it still needs to be done.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Well, in terms of music, there's a totally new BRSTM Factory, a BRSTM Tutorial, and the ability to make BRSTM's in BrawlBox. Umm...if I could make a request for a code, if it's possible, could you make one that can add/remove song slots to a stage? That's about the only other thing that's needed as far as music hacks go...sorry if this isn't appropriate, just throwing it out there
Requests are always welcome.:)

I've looked into that when I was still working on the Stage Expansion Roster. The general structure of the data seems pretty consistent, but the amount of space available is rather restrictive. Ironically enough, the stage songs are managed by a module file, so if I complete the module editor, it shouldn't be too hard to edit the number of songs allowed per stage.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Would that also mean that we can further customize what songs will play on the nine additional stages we get from your Stage Roster Expansion code? O_O

NNID
Budget_Player
I think the two things people are looking for the most from you are a less buggy FPC 4.0 and a new PSA without problems. Personally, a PSA without the saving problems is all I want, I could care less for FPC 4.0.
You should totally work together with Dantarion on OpenSA2 with editing, because right now there isn't too too much that OpenSA can't do. Or he should work with you on coding all those capabilities into PSA (I personally like the PSA interface a lot more, it makes far more sense).

Awesome to hear you working on the clone engine, it's kind of the current "holy grail" of brawl hacking (AFAIK FPC and PSA was the last one). :laugh:

You are awesome, and we all love you. Totally homo.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say that the tone in some of the comments in this thread is a bit odd. It's as if people think PW is obligated to continue hacking Brawl when he in fact is not at all and has done all this for free.
Free? What are you talking about? If PW walked into a brawl+ tourney and demanded sexual favors, there would a freakin' line! Or a mob. But he would get them. He could get almost anything tbh.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Requests are always welcome.:)

I've looked into that when I was still working on the Stage Expansion Roster. The general structure of the data seems pretty consistent, but the amount of space available is rather restrictive. Ironically enough, the stage songs are managed by a module file, so if I complete the module editor, it shouldn't be too hard to edit the number of songs allowed per stage.
Thanks PW! I'll be looking forward to the completion of the module editor then

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
When PW's module editor comes out.....stuff is gonna happen. FOR REALS YA DIG?

I have some plans and some ideas.
Hey Dant, sorry if this isn't appropriate, but there going to be a BCSM 2.0 soon? Plus all the other great stuff I'm sure you have planned

NNID
Budget_Player
Free? What are you talking about? If PW walked into a brawl+ tourney and demanded sexual favors, there would a freakin' line! Or a mob. But he would get them. He could get almost anything tbh.
Kinda this. Anywhere where you have a fan base THIS dedicated means something. :laugh:

(THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH YOU KICK *** AND ARE AWESOME)

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice

Kinda this. Anywhere where you have a fan base THIS dedicated means something. :laugh:

(THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH YOU KICK *** AND ARE AWESOME)
Haha, well thanks for the support everyone - I'm always glad to hear it. Perhaps one day I'll work up the means to visit a Brawl+ tournament. (if not for sexual favours, then at least to meet some of the faces behind the names.;))

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Phantom, lookie what I posted.

Want to help me get the game to load character themes from different file names on SD?
I think I could make it look for files with a different file name by hijacking into your FPC code, like I did with the alternate stage loader, but Idunno, I'd rather see how you would do it :p

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Phantom so is the clone engine your working on something that allows us to have MArth vs Roy matches,because if so im hyped. ;)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Perhaps one day I'll work up the means to visit a Brawl+ tournament. (if not for sexual favours, then at least to meet some of the faces behind the names.;))
You, Dantarion, and Kryal need to go make a lovechild or something. It would be hacking Smash Bros. 4 because it could walk.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Figure out how to redirect brawl's online to different servers and figure out how to structure those servers. You could get help from gamespy...

EDIT: Dunno if this will help, but: http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/
Maybe you can ask them...

EDIT 2: To access their SDK, you have to apply...

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Why was my post deleted? Anyone, wifi boss battles are 10% complete. Just sayin.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Hey Phantom Wings, thanks for the report! It's good to see you 'round these parts! Seriously, I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for the Brawl hacking scene. It's absolutely amazing! Most of what you've done was written off as impossible until you continually proved everyone wrong.

I wish you luck on the clone engine, as that would truly be stunning. With all of the progress people have made with model hacking, the clone engine would likely be the biggest advance in Brawl hacking to date (or one of them).

If you could, could you explain your findings a bit? Have you had any success with the clone engine? Any ideas for problems you've encountered? I understand a huge problem is getting the game to recognize a NEW character. Also, fetching new articles.. or whatever. I wish I could help!

Thanks again for the amazing work!

Also, thanks again for making that HAD code for me (and the community) way back in the day. :) good times. :D

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Phantom, I have gotten item and assist trophy parsing working correct in OpenSA over the past 48 hours.

Is there any way you would actually become active on IRC?
I thing that cooperation would benefit the community, as none of the other coders have even LOOKED at making a proper code engine simply because we knew you were working on one.

That module viewer looks nice, I have looked at the modules under IDA but I didn't really figure out the structure. I want to update PSA to work with D3/Pokemon/Common3.pac/Fighter.pac/AT's/Items but the version you released the source to isn't used because of bugs having to do with expanding the filesize, which I have no clue how to implement properly in OpenSA2
yes yes yes!!! PSA working with items and all will be lovely :D:D:D

Cool. I've got some time this evening, so just specify where and we can discuss the programming horror that is PSA (I've been touching up on my C# and looking back on it now, it was pretty horrific wasn't it.:laugh:)

I can give you the general rundown on modules if you'd like as well.
omg! this :D

made my day <3

Top Bottom