• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Question about multiple profiles on the same Wii for Online

Card

Smash Lord
I have got a Question about multiple profiles on the same Wii for Online modes which I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light on. So without further ado...

ALL QUESTIONS ARE ABOUT THE WITH FRIENDS MODE

1) Is it possible to use different Smash profiles online?
What I mean by "profiles" is the 5-letter name you get to input on the character select screen. The name which saves all your records and controller configurations as well as the name which displays above your character during gameplay. The reason I ask this question is because I would like to know if the 12-digit Brawl Code is WII SPECIFIC or if it is PROFILE SPECIFIC. Meaning can I have multiple profiles on the same Wii, who each have their own friends on their brawl friend list... or am I limited to 1 online profile.

Currently the situation at my apartment is both my roommate and myself have Wii's, but only 1 TV which its hooked up to (We moved in after Wii's release, thus the 2 Wii's). Since currently his Wii is setup, I am wondering if I ever want to play Online with MY own account & friend list, can I just log on my Smash Profile on his Wii? or do I need to unplug his Wii, and put mine, so that people will know they are playing me and not my roommate

2) When playing Online with other players on the same console, can they use their own Smash profiles?
This follows suit with question 1 obviously. If I want to play 2-player 2v2's online with my roommate who is on the same console, can he be on his Smash account and I am on my Smash account? Or is it his account and I am just unnamed.

I guess that's all... I pretty much mainly want to know question 1. I thought I would have more questions but I guess not.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't that data be recorded exclusively onto the corresponding Wii's that you make 'em on? Meaning, if you made a profile on one console, it could only be accessed by that one console? But then again, the question of replacing your Wii for accidental damage, corruption, etc. comes to mind....

Eh.. just an idea I thought I'd throw out there. :)

Top Bottom