• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question to Link and Space Animals users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody out there still play regular Link now that we have Toon Link?

Similarly, does anybody use Fox or Falco now that we have Wolf?

It seems to me like the addition of these characters in particular had an unintentional side effect of overshadowing existing characters. I feel like Toon Link outclasses regular Link in almost every respect. Same for Wolf, maybe not so much with Fox, but he replaces Falco as the heavy-hitting space animal.

I guess what I'm asking is, what makes you Link players continue to use him instead of Toon Link, and why do you Falco players choose him over Wolf?

Keep in mind I don't pretend to be an expert on any of these characters (or Brawl in general, for that matter), I'm just curious to know what the major differences are.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Because they want to?

You know, even with tier lists in Melee, people still played mid-tier/lower tier/Bottom tier characters because they liked to play with them.

doink

Smash Cadet
Ah, Wolf is almost completely different from Falco and Fox. Different moveset and playstyle and i think whether wolf is the best spacie is definitely debatable, i would play falco over wolf anyday.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I play Fox. I do not play Wolf. Wolf feels sticky to me, kinda like a much lesser version of the way Wario feels. Because the moves have such short startup but lots of finishing lag. I don't like that much. I stick with Fox. I also like Falco, although I am having trouble getting the hang of his Brawl version, as I secondaried him in Melee.

I do not play either of the Link's so I don't have an opinion here.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Wolf is almost completely different from Falco and Fox. Different moveset and playstyle and i think whether wolf is the best spacie is definitely debatable, i would play falco over wolf anyday.
Nah, considering wolf is the best of all the space animal worlds, falco is left out on this one.

And to answer the question, Its because they want to, I saw pichu users before, even though pichu is a piece of crap.

terrrrrible

Smash Rookie
NNID
terrrrrible
I still play with Falco. The few matches I played with Wolf, I didn't really like him.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I main Fox, secondary Falco then Wolf, I played 1 match with Falco and enjoyed his play style so much I made him my secondary.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
I was a Link main at some point and I still play him a bit...
I have him at about the same level as toon link for my play, even if toon link is clearly better.

I miss the spin attack's awesome knockback and edge guarding :(

Supax

Smash Apprentice
Wolf plays waaay different from fox and falco. I don't think the addition of wolf will change the people who already play the previous space animals, because the characters play so much different.. As for Link, I main TL, but I never mained Link in the first place so I can't contribute to that question :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom