• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Ripple In The Force

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I was bored so I decided to write this. More of a scene than a short story, but whatevs! Enjoy! Feedback perdy please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yoda frowned at the window portraying the star-stunned landscape before him. Something didn’t feel right. The air stunk of incongruousness. He glared passed his shoulder at the doorway, making sure it had closed; ensuring he was alone.

“A disturbance in the force… there is,” Yoda muttered to himself. Only moments later, a hologram behind him flashed on, revealing an aged man in robes.

“Master, we have—”

“Something is wrong.” Yoda interrupted.

“Master, our ships have detected… something; a jump.”

“And The Force…” Yoda started.

The robed hologram nodded in silent affirmation. Yoda’s eyebrows depressed even more as he contemplated the issue’s severity.

Yoda paced facing the hologram, which was situated at the end of a long table. He stopped and, without turning his gaze from the window, continued.

“There is an anomaly, there is. Discover it; we must, before the Galactic Empire does.”

The robed figure looked taken aback by Yoda’s avowal. Yoda looked at it, aware of his impact.

“Master, this—you don’t think the Galactic Empire is behind this?”

“Involved, will the Empire be if it is not stopped…”

The room experienced a sudden jump in power. The lights flashed and gravity was lost but for a moment. The floor lighting and computer panels flashed off and on again; the hologram, however, did not come back on. The robed figure was gone. The air conditioning kicked in again and the room returned to its homeostatic temperature. Yoda faced the window again, peering out into space in deep meditation. Something was definitely wrong.

Sparks accompanied by streaks of violent blue and violet erupted from a hectic sphere that had materialized above the table where the hologram had been projected. A harsh wind flew from the entity, blowing papers every which way. Yoda’s robes flapped in the brutal coil, but he did not face their source. He continued to stare out of the window.

Yoda bent one leg as the other stretched, lowering and readying his stance. He held his arms in a prepared but reserved position. The wind died, and Yoda leapt without hesitation.

He landed at the foot of the table, facing the electric sphere. The sparks subsided to reveal a tall, alien looking creature with light blue-violet eyes. The creature’s arms were spread out, gaining a wingspan larger approximately equivalent to that of a wookie’s.

A light violet orb encircled the creature, who’s long, bulbous tail floated behind its long humanoid legs. Energy flowed off of the orb like water, forcing dust in close proximity to swirl and blast away. Yoda stared for a long second. The creature seemed to chuckle, though it did not make any noticeable facial gestures.

“You have come here to serve what purpose?” Yoda asked in a sturdy voice, not revealing any sort of anxiety. He was ready for anything.

The humanoid did not respond. It only lowered its head a little, beaming more aggression into the room.

“I have come for answers,” the form stated, giving no leeway as to the question it was asking.

“Mmm,” Yoda hummed, thoughtfully. “Answers, you seek. But to what question, hmmm?”

“How DARE you?!”

Yoda was pushed off the desk by an unseen force. He flew back into the window he’d previously been transfixed to.

“You cannot see into my mind. It is stronger than yours can ever hope to be.”

The sudden act of violence did not stun Yoda. He leapt back onto the table, light saber already drawn, and charged his opponent.

Yoda’s foe had not yet changed position, and still floated in the air with its arms spread wide and head slightly forward. It was not even going to attempt to block the Jedi’s assault! Yoda leaped at it, slashing with his light saber as he came down upon it.

The fatal blow was never made, however, as the Jedi and its light saber bounced off of the thin orb surrounding the menace. Yoda rolled across the table as the monster’s chuckle grew louder. It abandoned its pose, as well as the orb, and floated towards the table’s ledge until its feet nearly skimmed the top. Arms and legs crossed, the light in its eyes still flared brilliantly, making it apparent its guard in no way had been let down.

“It is foolish of you to attack me. I am stronger than you realize.”

“You are strong, I realize,” Yoda groaned. The creature gave the slightest hint of a smile.

“I know.”

The being floated closer; Yoda, crumpled atop the table, waited for his chance; when it got close enough, he struck!

But nothing happened; Yoda did not so much as move a muscle. Another chuckle haunted the air.

“I am not gullible to deceit,” the creature informed.

“Ah, wise you are,” Yoda responded.

The light in the creature’s eyes intensified as it glared at Yoda. Yoda quickly shifted his body, pushing himself away from his foe with the force as an explosion engulfed the table.

“So you still wish to fight me then?” the creature asked.

“No. But do what I must, I will, to defend myself, and to prevent the Dark Sith from obtaining what he needs,” Yoda replied in dignity.

“So be it,” it exclaimed solemnly. “You will be destroyed.”

“Who is it, I ask, am I facing?” Yoda asked intensely.

“Mewtwo.”

teva

Smash Cadet
good description and flow, as for a longer story I'd use less talking, for this particular one though I could see why you used as much as you did.

Top Bottom