• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

We should really keep an eye out for this, it's entirely possible this guy is for real. He doesn't allow any character spoilers, which to me, says he is truthful. I mean, we should keep an eye out for this anyways.

He's got some good information, seriously.

I'm not going to spoil it, so check it out yourself.

Youko-edit: Now that he has self-confessed, this thread can now be closed.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yes .

I pfft to this minor spam.

Anyways, some of the things he says is great and it would be awesome if it was in Brawl. Things like "AT have an important role in SE" and "A cut character plays an important role in SE". I really hope it's true.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.

Meta Jr

Smash Cadet
In between The Halberd and Bowser's Castle. You ca
I read it. I feel he's telling the truth. The only characters he's gonna say are returning ones. Here's his quotes.

Luigi will be returning as a hidden character. He will utilize the Poltergust 3000 as one of his moves. He has an entirely new moveset and is one of the most heavily de-cloned characters

Ganondorf returns in his Twilight Princess form
I found this one strange.

One of the cut characters from Melee has a major role in Subspace Emissary

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
while some of the stuff he says may turn out to be true, i am completely jaded against all "prophets" and people who say they have inside info

still, if that stuff did turn out to be fake, he sure has some good ideas... i particularly thought the Pak E. Derm assist trophy was a clever idea

india3

Smash Cadet
perhaps its still early wherever he lives and he hasn't gotten up yet? or has he been online today already?

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
weird how he says Luigi is de cloned, because Luigi had already been de cloned in melee, he was a clone in smash64 tho.

also this isnt totally unrealistic, play testers do exist, not many tho

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
For me, this guy is the most believable of the so called prophets. I have his page bookmarked right next to the Dojo. He hasn't made an update yet tonight so we'll see if this prophet with lengthy goals is short lived.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
He's only believable because he's incredibly vague and doesn't specify any newcomers. It's like a fortune cookie or a horoscope: it'll apply to anything you want it to.

It's a parlor trick, and a poor one at that. Funny to see people fooled by it.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
If there is a triple update tommorow then ill believe everything he says. If not, then hes just like the others.

M.K

Level 55
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.
Same here, but if he's over here on the East Coast, it's only 8 A.M., he might've not updated it yet.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
sounds intresting but currently can't view it becuse the school proxyed the site

blink777

Smash Journeyman
If nothing else, it's a fun read. Of all things though, it's the large (and seemingly endless) number of Assist Trophies he's "revealing".

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
If there is a triple update tommorow then ill believe everything he says. If not, then hes just like the others.
I think he's talking about his own update, not the dojo.

Anyhow I'm enjoying all of these prophets coming out of the woodwork even if their info is questionable. Even the bad ones are giving us something fun to chew on, which is great since that's about all we can do till the game comes out.

Eagle

Smash Lord
He's only believable because he's incredibly vague and doesn't specify any newcomers. It's like a fortune cookie or a horoscope: it'll apply to anything you want it to.

It's a parlor trick, and a poor one at that. Funny to see people fooled by it.
Maybe because he said he wouldn't reveal any newcomers or cut characters. :p

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I think the guy doesn't have anything against him apart from his lack of updates and a degree of non-specificity. Apart from that I think it would be very interesting if a Dojo update proved him right. I mean, we should be seeing real leaks by now anyway.

He's the best one so far, and that doesn't say a lot of course.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
anybody can ramble off "safe" predictions

and if there right they rub it in your face, but if they're wrong they just say "oh well Sakurai must of decided not to use it but that doesn't mean im wrong"

and its retarted if you ask me.

I only agree with some of the stuff he says but only b/c IT IS OBVIOUS!

for instance:

"Master Hand will appear in the game." Well no der! its called "Classic mode"

Ganondorf returns in his Twilight Princess form Thats old news a or "the" designer from twilight princess submitted art to Sakurai.

and thats all i agree with, unless i see some proof.

jayssite

Smash Rookie
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/ said:
I've cut a deal with two of my sources so far. They've agreed to provide me enough information to last up until Brawl's release.
I call bull****. What sources, and why would they do that?

If he's not an insider, and is just being supplied information by sources, then how could he have information about newcomers that his sources don't want revealed?
http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/ said:
I have an adamant belief in not revealing any newcomers or cut characters. This is at the request of all of my sources.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
He means a triple update of his *own* stuff. And it's today, not tomorrow.

Oh. Someone beat me. You guys should read my other post.

Eagle

Smash Lord
jayssite said:
I call bull****. What sources, and why would they do that?

If he's not an insider, and is just being supplied information by sources, then how could he have information about newcomers that his sources don't want revealed?
Because they think he can keep a secret. . .?

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not he's telling the truth is... almost irrelevant, to be honest. It won't change anything, and it's all for our entertainment anyway.

To be honest, if he's legit, I'm surprised he "cut a deal" with sources to do the internet a "favor". He's just going to post a bunch of stuff that only a small few will believe.

Personally, I don't mind stuff like this, even if it's false, because it just gives me one more excuse to waste time and read Brawl-related talk. I'm not putting any stock in anything he says, but instead, just reading it for my own enjoyment. If it's true, then good for him! If not, then I'll get over it when the game comes out.

M.K

Level 55
Wow, some people need to stop slamming everything down just because he has information. The many false prophets have really stained the minds of some people on these boards!

EDIT: That was not directed to anyone in particular

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
No point in slamming this guy, when he isn't even giving us info that we would be super disappointed with if it turns out false.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Pak E Derm sounds sweet and some of the other stuff sounds good. Reliability aside its a good read.

TheLake

Smash Master
Cool find...not sure i believe it but i dont nessicarly NOT believe it. Todd, tails, and dixie as AT's sounds a little TOO cool for me to buy though lol...lets hope hes right

:034:

Smash Hero
Most of the info in the first post was a big duh. You might as well believe him since he hasn't crushed all of our dreams yet (except Ray 01 fans). You have nothing to lose from believing Bitter Spray is an item. :/

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
If he has real information, why wouldn't he just show all of it at once? Because at the moment, there are two choices:

1) He is a show-offy idiot
2) He's fake

I'm going for 2 ;)

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I say, they'll update an item soon that may or may not debunk him. That item will probably be Bitter Spray.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Cool find...not sure i believe it but i dont nessicarly NOT believe it. Todd, tails, and dixie as AT's sounds a little TOO cool for me to buy though lol...lets hope hes right
hasent tails been confirmed as an AT at Eforall?

Pit_y

Smash Cadet
Meh, I always like reading "prophet" things like these, they keep me busy until the game comes out, and I don't feel like I'm spoiling the game, because I can't be sure they're true. Fun reads IMO.

Anyways... when you read this:
-Some of the old characters' movesets have been passed on to new characters in order to re-work the older characters' movesets. They are not carbon copies, however, they have been tweaked.
It kinda makes sense as to why the DOJO hasn't revealed characters like Ness, or Sheik, and maybe even Captain Falcon. Now, I'm not saying they're confirmed, I'm just saying that they might be in the game, with a new moveset, and they're trying to keep that a surprise. In this case I'm guessing Ness gave his moves to Lucas, Sheik to Zamus, and Cptn Falcon to Snake.

-The Ice Flower from SMG is an item. It enables you toturn foesinto ice on contact but you cannot utilize your B moves. It lasts for a limited time.
And that just sounds pretty cool... To me at least.:laugh:

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the most believable of all these 'prophets' (hate the term).

I know many people like to brush everything off as fake, and won't listen until they see things with their own eyes. That's fine and all, but you gotta remember... a real leak will happen, and it's likely to be around this time, just a few weeks before Japan gets the game.

But unless we get leaked screens/videos, we don't know if the info is real until after the game is out. So it doesn't really matter, now does it? :p

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
IF this is true, I don't like how he/she didn't specify whether Ganondorf is receiving a new move set or not =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom