• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a single tip while playing ike!(add your own please!)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
do not pick final destination!

i have played a fair share of them and giving them all that open space really lets them space to their maximum potential, they can use their over b, follow up with jabs, its just very bad

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
also, i think theres enough time to roll behind him before his third jab(the sword strike) you just have to make sure to time it correctly

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The only way he can follow up with jabs after over b is if it doesn't hit anything. If it hits something, you can then go on the attack.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
yeah, but if it hits you then....the jabs wont be necessary

plus, even if it does hit a waddle dee, you are not safe to go in because of the jabs

Chocti

Smash Rookie
i suggest chaingrab anytime you can, i play with a friend who always choose ike and in final destination i take him all along the platform with chaingrabs then f tilt at the edge

emmawatsonsboyfriend

Smash Rookie
If he charges his side B while facing a ledge, inhale. Normally, Ike stops when he hits someone with it, but if you use inhale, he will hit you and keep going and he will not be able to do anything!

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
Despite the benefits of Ike's jab, it has a flaw vs Dedede. Dedede can grab Ike between each swing. I do it to my friend all the time. I charge him and shield grab him after the first swing of his jab. I've also landed my grab after the second swing of Ike's jab, so I know it can be done. It's a pretty handy thing to know.

Dedede has to fight a different fight against Ike as Ike can knock out Dedede sooner than Dedede can knock out Ike.

EDIT: Also, watch out for Ike's down air, if you're going to try and juggle him, you need to initiate your up air before you get near him. You end up wasting some of the attack but you actually get to hit him.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
yeah, but if it hits you then....the jabs wont be necessary

plus, even if it does hit a waddle dee, you are not safe to go in because of the jabs
Well if it hits you thats different, but if you shield or if he does hit a Waddle Dee, the move has enough lag afterwards in order for you to start grabbing or going on the attack.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
be careful when chasing after ike to edgeguard him

his up +b can take you with him if you don't time your aerial attacks well enough

although at low percentages you can recover from it with your up+b

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I tend to sidestep alot when fighting ike as dedede, works well for me, rush in as if to do a running attack, sidestep when in range, then go with it from there for grab or tilts.

*off-topic* i been wondering for awhile, meta Sonic64, where do you guys get those cool sprites from in your signature? *off-topic*

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
chain grab, works everytime.

also his up smash covers so much ground its not even funny. do it.

Tetch

Smash Rookie
Don't roll dodge too frequently. Ike's moves have a lot of range and you could still end up getting hit at the beginning or end of the roll when you don't have invincibility frames.

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
Throw waddle dees like a ***** is my opinion. If he has to fight them, good, you are in control, if he keeps coming towards you, lets hope those waddle dees hurt him.

Also, if you see a powerful charge coming, just chuck a waddle dee, simple as that.

Waddle Dee > Ike

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
FD is dumb because of the tips of the stage catch characters in their Up-B stage and kill them. Battlefield is more the balls imo.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Never try to fsmash an ike unless you know he will be hit, he can hit you faster than you can hit him.
Just something to note: You can fsmash his missed aethers. *sigh* Ikes use that move too much...

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
holy ****!!!!!

that inhale thing is SO useful because we all know ike players like to spam that move

i hope they never find out about this, not till its to late ^_^

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
chain grab, works everytime.
FAILS every time.

Being an Ike player myself, Ike is one of the few characters that I've found that can pull off a jab before KD3 can chase you and grab you the second time, so if you go against an Ike that knows what he's doing, your chaingrab usually results in a good 16% added to yourself.

Honestly, Ike has quite a few advantages on KD3. My buddy mains KD3 and is able to best me just as much as I can beat him. Mind your spacing, utilize those mindgames, and feint that Ike into whiffing a smash or special.

And for the love of god, USE THOSE BAIRS. They're even more disgusting than Jigglypuff's.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Ike's over b should not be a problem at all...get on the edge...use your inhale...he will hit u and continue off the edge...

On the ground:
spam spam spam waddles
space him with tilts

In the air
back air him to death...

mindgame him and look for the chain grab...but u have to chaingrab a little smarter

ALB247 is right...an ike can jab u inbetween grabs...try to chaingrab him regularly and if he doesnt try to jab u then u know he doesnt know about it...if he does jab out of the chain...then delay your second grab

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
OP: if you cant beat an ike that regularly charges side b into you, stop posting and learn 2 play

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
do not pick final destination!

i have played a fair share of them and giving them all that open space really lets them space to their maximum potential, they can use their over b, follow up with jabs, its just very bad
Noob talk.

DDD sideB > Ike sideB

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Go to Battlefield, and get under the platforms to Usmash him or behind him to Fsmash after his Aether.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
Go to Battlefield, and get under the platforms to Usmash him or behind him to Fsmash after his Aether.
yes, aether does have a lot of lag, but not enough for a fsmash i think unless you are completely ready. i usually just use go behind and jet hammer for fun. it also makes him afraid of missing with it.

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
spam waddle dees.. Spam Ftilt for spacing and chain grab them off the edge.

also quick bair are really nice.

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
FAILS every time.

Being an Ike player myself, Ike is one of the few characters that I've found that can pull off a jab before KD3 can chase you and grab you the second time, so if you go against an Ike that knows what he's doing, your chaingrab usually results in a good 16% added to yourself.

Honestly, Ike has quite a few advantages on KD3. My buddy mains KD3 and is able to best me just as much as I can beat him. Mind your spacing, utilize those mindgames, and feint that Ike into whiffing a smash or special.

And for the love of god, USE THOSE BAIRS. They're even more disgusting than Jigglypuff's.

As I mentioned on the first page, D3 can shield grab right through Ike's jab routine.

Top Bottom