• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A small exploit in Mario's Fsmash physics?

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I was just doing some training with Mario when I tried doing some C-stick tilts while Fox-trotting.

I did find you can easily slide, and then tap the Analog stick forward to start another Foxtrot but you immediately move the C-stick to either side and he'll slide again, which can lead to a big slide chain making Mario get around faster on ground. But that's not what this thread is really about.

It's what I found out after trying to just slide chain for the hell of it and I end up doing his Fsmash, I tried Foxtrotting with his Fsmash which eventually led to me tilting the analog stick the opposite direction of the C-stick at the same time causing him to do a Fsmash but move him forward at the same time.

I then tried this on an enemy(Toon Link at the time) and when close enough, doing this trick will make whoever gets hit fly the wrong way. Say you use the trick to the left and you're close enough to the enemy it'll make them fly to the right and vice versa.

I'm not sure if this was found out already or if it has any credibility being good for a real fight but it sure was a neat discovery.

I'll try this trick out with other characters who have Fsmashes that don't move them normally.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
wait I read it and I only understand that the F-smash can send the guy flying another direction if you press the opposite direction of the F-smash. (which is pretty darn cool)

what's this "nifty way to space" gliding stuff you speak of?

I'm interested o.O

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
wait I read it and I only understand that the F-smash can send the guy flying another direction if you press the opposite direction of the F-smash. (which is pretty darn cool)

what's this "nifty way to space" gliding stuff you speak of?

I'm interested o.O
I may make a video demonstrating it later.

Anyway, what happens is Mario will slightly move forward with his Fsmash instead of staying in the same spot, it isn't much distance but it's enough to make a difference.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
i couldve sworn i've seen this on youtube with mario doing this. If someone can find it and post it, or just record this mario stutter step so that we can see it, its actually pretty good..

Mattho2k3

Smash Rookie
noob question and im sure it will get spammed but what is foxtrotting and what is the command for it and its uses?!?

waru

Smash Rookie
I think it's not as mysterious as it sounds.

When aroused (mentally) and messing with this, I noticed that you have to do the analog stick backwards first, and then the smash with the C - stick.

You turn around, and then when Mario smashes the other way, he takes a step in the direction of the smash while whipping around. You can do this without the C - stick, but it's needless hassle.

Anyways, if he takes a step forward when facing the opponent and does his smash, he steps almost past them and to the other side (weird how that works rite) and the fireball forms on the opposite side. Due the nature of the spawning of the flame, when it expands, it hits the (farther) backside of the opponent (assuming you are about to kiss) and sends him the other way.

Nonetheless, this can definitely be harnessed to you advantage in a match. Innumerable times when I'm on a cliff I've tried in vain to get on the other side of the opponent (roll, usually) and send them to their impening virtual doom. This can allow you to only worry about sneaking in a smash.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
lol us marios dont really tend to find techs cause mario has never really had any great tech stuff ever lol. but we do as hell find combos

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I've tried slowing down the speed in order to perform this but I can't pull it off. I need to see a vid of this, I'm not sure what its exactly suposed to look right. Are you suposed to smash cstick during mario's sliding animation? Can someone PLEASE record performing this move...

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
WAIT A MINUTE, never mind I figured it out. Turns out you don't even need to fox trot in order to pull this off like you said. It works out great, even when it sends oponents backwards it sets them up in an appropriate height for a bair. Great stuff, what's the name of this tech by the way....?

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
yeah I think this move can be applied to all characters, let me test it a bit with the forward smash.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I tested this tech with most characters fsmash in brawl, and to an extent, it moves them slightly, mess with it a little to move them foward because it doesn't work the same as mario's to move them forward. Mainly use this tech with their Usmashes as it works out best. Characters with the best extended ranges or their fsmashes so far are Mario, ganny, sonic, and c falcon, Mairo and Ganny being the best out of the four who's fsmashes extended.

Sir Brane Damuj

Smash Rookie
NNID
sirbranedamuj
Ok, I am new to this. Can someone explain what foxtrotting is? Is there some kind of thread explaining all this terminology?

???????

Smash Journeyman
How good is B-sticking with Mario? I'm not sure to use the C-stick for smash expliots or B-stick.

Top Bottom