• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Snake Bite!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Sorry if this is not a new topic, this is in fact my first post on the smash forums. Anywho, do you think that adding a third party character in the Smash pantheon ruins the charm of the initial formula. Like, when you first un-wrapped the original Smash Bros. and witnessed Yoshi beating his tamer Mario to a pulp, you felt great satisfaction. I think since Snake was probably going to be in Melee, he could be in Brawl. However, I will be agitated if a plethora of other 3rd party characters are tagged on. The only one I could accept is probably Geno since he is practivally a Nintendo character. Comments?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
^I know Snake is confirmed, but don't you think it conflicts the SSB paradigm?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I don't really think it ruins the charm. Part of the reason is many important nintendo series back in the day were 3rd party. If you look back on the NES, some of it's most memorable games such as Megaman, Castlevania, Metal Gear, etc. are all 3rd party. Sonic also just kind of fits, because he was a big gaming icon. And what is smash but a bunch of gaming icons duking it out?

copper90

Smash Apprentice
It might ruin it, it might not, but we won't know until later this year, lol.

Top Bottom