• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Super Serial Attempt to Veer Hate Away from Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenG

Smash Lord
if you can be grabbed out of all your super armor frames and all the times you try to counter?
I doubt you can be grabbed all the time. If Aether has super armor frames is because it would be ankward for the sword to disappear midair as someone grabs you.

The rest of moves yes, since he doesn't throw the sword.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
No, they wouldn't. There is rampant denial abounds.
I think when practically every person who went to E for All says that a single character is the worst character of the bunch, then that character probably has a problem.

I don't hate Ike, I can't say much for anyone else, but Fire Emblem is my second favorite series behind Smash Bros. Ike confirmation is probably one of my favorite updates to date, the only one that I was more excited about was the stage builder, as that was completely unexpected and totally awesome.

With that said, I still think, after the videos, and after the E for All comments, Ike has issues. I am not saying he is the epitome of crap and will be garbage tier and all, but right now, he is certainly not good. You admitted that Bowser and Mewtwo where not exactly good characters, and Ike falls in that bottom tier area as of right now.

As you said, just because a character is bottom tier doesn't mean they can't be used well. However, it doesn't change the fact the character is generally worse than others. The people who use bottom tier characters even admit their characters are not good.

In fighting games, faster characters naturally have the advantage, they can combo and get kills faster than the slow, powerful characters can, and there has never been a game with a true balance. Even in Melee, how many slow but strong characters were higher than mid tier? Brawl is trying something new with the Super Armor frames, and it will be interesting to see how it makes or breaks the slow characters. Can it save Ike? Maybe, but as it is naturally it doesn't look like it.

In reference to a casual game, Ike will probably be fine. I mean, casuals loved Roy, and he was terrible. I figure Ike will fit Roy's shoes for the casual players (and probably the pros, since I don't know of any pros who used Roy...)

Ragnell94

Smash Cadet
From the movies ive seen ike dosent appear to be that bad. The times i saw that he sucked were when i could tell the person never played b4. and if wat everyone says about how strong he is then he cant b fast otherwise he will b to powerful. I mean i dk was as fast as mk or if bowser was sonics speed no one would stand a chance against them

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
in your eyes maybe but you need to even out the load really, if Ike stayed this strong and was made any faster he would end up being a god like character which is unfair. I like the speed he is from what i've seen and so far it looks faster than what everyone is saying he is. Usually a slow character is Bowser in Melee he was slow, REAL SLOW but Ike don't look that slow to me.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Mainly because i wasn't there to play it, but still i think that he isn't all that slow
I respect what you say, and I used to think the same thing, however some of the best smashers on this site have been to E 4 All, and their reports was that Ike was slow. Some said he had "invisible lag" before his attacks, which makes it even worse. Ike doesn't look very slow to me, either, but I'm hearing about so much startup time and lag that it's basically fact that his moves are slow.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Fair enough, i can't argue if there is hard evidence that Ike has bugs to fix on him still and yes the invisible lag does sound annoying, but we will only find out when the game is released in our shops

Cless

Smash Champion
Sure I can. I can use a respected Smash player's observations about him to assess him . Most people are saying that he doesn't look slow. You can't glean everything about a character in videos. Most of the people who actually played with Ike are in agreement that he is slow. I'd trust their observations more than videos I've seen, and I still think his moves are slow in the videos.

This is all based off of a buggy demo anyway. He could easily be fixed between then and release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom