• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Tough Choice...

vegeta9000

Smash Cadet
When i first started playing brawl, i Mained link. Not only because he *****, but because he is my favorite character all-time.

But as time passed, I started getting better at other characters. Now i main Olimar.

I'm not sure if i should stick with my favorite character, or the one im best at. But getting to the point, This is for all you who are good with both Link AND Olimar. Which one of them are easier to Learn Combos and such.

vegeta9000

Smash Cadet
Not to mention, the only reason i play olimar is because my brother plays marth and the only thing he does mind game me when i use link.

But when i use olimar i destroy him.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
up to you whichever works best, but both are probably are about the same. Namely because both have terrible recoveries, link just hereditarily sucks while olimars is too easily gimped since his up b is rendered useless by a simple edgehog.

vegeta9000

Smash Cadet
Yea, i considerably like link's recovery far more. But with olimars up b on the ground it can be useful at times. Ill challenge my brother. Any tips vs marth as link?

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
that too and just watch those forward airs, shield em, dodge em, do anything to avoid them, they lead into some vicious combos.

-JO-

Smash Rookie
Stop mentioning poor Aurashade every time^^ He can not be everywere.

@Topic: If I were you, I would play Olimar. I think it is kind of destination which character is your best. If you already feel that you are better with him, choose him. If you are good enouth with him, you can still choose Link as your secondary.

AD1

Smash Rookie
wait he plays mind games with marth? when ur link z air gives you a slight reach advantage. don't spam projectiles use them. the level you guys are playing on also matters a whole lot if its a smaller level like FD the helps Marth with being able to close the distance on Link. If ur good at gale guarding i suggest you use it against marth its extremely helpful when he attempts to recover.

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet
Wow this story is just like mine...

You have a long time to play this game, enough time to get good with both characters. I play link and Olly both as my mains (no secondaries though)

As for marth... watch out for the tipped Fsmash, it's deadly.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Then play Olimar for serious match ups and Link to for fun.

I mean, I seriously don't know how else to put it. If you still have fun with Link and play him in friendlies. For tournaments or if you just want to in particular match ups, go with Olimar if your chances of winning is better.

Top Bottom