• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A way to communicate in "with anyone"

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
This is going to sound a bit strange, but bear with me.

You can use crouching to send a message in Morse code.

Now, obviously it would be a bit too much to send sentences or a conversation using this, but it can still be used.

First, you could use it to send a 4-letter identifier for yourself. with over 400,000 4 letter combinations, there would be more than enough for everyone on smashboards. Even 3-letter combos would probably work. That way, if you played someone from smashboards, or any other place this disseminates to, you could find the person again. The downside is that this would require a repository of the indentifiers.

The other option is to actually send your friend code. You could indicate to your opponent you're going to do so with a specific sequence of taunts, then start the Morse code for your friend code. It would take a little longer, but it removes the problem of the above option.

Now, for this to work, it would need to be widespread, but I think it may be the best option for finding people you brawled with in "with anyone" again.

For those of you who don't know Morse code, which is probably everyone, inculding me, go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code

So, what do you think?

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
That's actually really... clever. But Morse code sounds a little time consuming, especially if you're trying to relay an entire friend code during a 2-minute brawl/team battle.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
yes, good idea:) i was thinking of a way to communicate. but about using morse code for Friend Codes... instead of using morse code, IMO it would be easier/faster/less confusing to do 1 crouch per number (ex: FC=1423, it would be 1 crouch, pause, 4 crouches, pause, 2...3... etc.).

i think a good way to start this system out is to not use all the things you described, i think we should just start off with crouching/taunting/doing smoething repeatedly for a little in the beginning of a match so you'd know you're at least fighting a competetive player or someone from SWF, or such.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If you have a person's friend-code, I'd suspect you have a method of communicating with them already. Most likely, via the internet. If you don't and you're trying to communicate with a total stranger... G'luck finding someone who's more interested in trying to figure out why you're bobbing up and down, then pounding your face off the screen.

Why both posting this? Just think of it as a lesson of "what probably doesn't need it's own post, let alone it's own thread.".

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
OMG, nintendo really fails with their online system :/
Nah, I would be afraid of the profanity that is the internet too if I worked for a gaming company. They just wanted the online to be friendly rather than the online community in games like Halo or something. Nintendo did not want anyone to feel bad about losing. (Well, mostly Sakurai.) Discouragement can really bring some people down. People don't care about this when they are playing online and just blurt out the most offensive comments they can say. That is why they took out the communication. They wanted it to be a more carefree game rather than an intense mess. I think it's a great idea. It's refreshing to not hear the terrible remarks said by the rude and ignorant users out there. Why don't you guys just use Skype. You can communicate free with other Skype users. (Sorry about the advertising, just giving a suggestion here.)

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I got it! Use ragnarok's method for sending the friend code, but to tell people that you want their friend code back, you be someone like Captain Falcon and use your taunt. Show me your moves friend code!

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
The fact that people are considering this should tell Nintendo something.

EDIT: Wow, pyromaniacnick2010 we live really close to each other:chuckle:. I'm in Saline.

peeup

Smash Lord
If everybody knew about this, it would be a swell idea. However, only a few people have read this post, so I think the (good) idea goes to waste.

Dais

Smash Cadet
People go online to fight not do squats. How many times do I have to crouch to say "I lost that last stock because of input lag"? So sad. :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
LMAO XD crouching!!!!
Thats just sad. Just SADDDDD

aznator

Smash Rookie
your left taunt should say, "This is my friend code" and the right one should explain each crouch or whatever is a number. Just an idea.

Foda

Smash Apprentice
your left taunt should say, "This is my friend code" and the right one should explain each crouch or whatever is a number. Just an idea.
you can't say anything with taunts in an anyone match, silly

there really ought to be some way of communication in the game, if only for friends at least! but it won't happen. maybe in ssb4, but thats years away.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
to expand if just asking for a FC you could "jab out" the code, and duck after the number is done like if someones FC is 1234 as the beginning you would jab once duck jab twice duck, ect. until your done, when you taunt

crazy but...........nevermind let's leave it at crazy

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Majority of people don't know **** about morse code. The suggestions are much too complicated for a 4 way brawl.

Best idea is setup a chatroom as a rendezvous point. Make a 'dance' sequence like "crouch, crouch, taunt, crouch'.

Whoever understands it. Come to that chatroom and take it from there.

Lozimia

Smash Rookie
Sakuri: "But if your really desperate i guess you could set up Skype next to you're game system and talk"

Top Bottom