• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A way to show missed l-cancels

jollypong

Smash Cadet
I really love what PM has done to make learning to l-cancel a really fun and enjoyable. The white flash makes l-cancels a bit easier to see and the l-cancel % after the game really encourages me to improve. I would always try and make my percentage go up after every game. However, I believe that there should be an option in the menu that can show when I miss an l-cancel(Totally did not take this idea from 20XX). A very noticeable red flash should cover my character so that I know I just messed up. If I see a red flash when I play, I will instantly know that I just messed up and if I constantly see red flashes in certain areas of my gameplay then I will know where I need to improve.

I don't know if this can be implemented properly but if it can then I should definitely be put in for the next update.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Seems a bit unnecessary in my opinion. Generally, you'll know if you missed an L-Cancel due to the lack of a white flash and the extra landing lag you'll go through. Shouldn't that be enough? Also, I believe Bowser's attacks with armor flash red (his N-Air), so it might make it a tad confusing for those players.

jollypong

Smash Cadet
@ R Royal-X
I think its necessary because the punishment for not l-canceling should be more pronounced. A red flash or other form of punishment will condition me to always l-canceling.
I feel that sometimes the white flash isn't very easy to see(specially when you are in the heat of the game) and I forgot about them Bowser players.

@ pershona pershona
This is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you so much. Could you help me with installing this? I'm not the greatest with computers.

Exodo

Smash Ace
this is not needed at all youll know when 1. you dont flash white and 2. the extra landing lag, this would just be too flashy and unnecessary, people with greater knowledge will be able to tell if the enemy missed the l cancel, even a rookie just need to be attentive..

Top Bottom