• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A weird yo-yo incident.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
ITT YoYo Glitch 2.0

Funny how his Yoyo has all these glitches :\

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hey, did SYYG EVER get figured out?
I remember it now. It appeared right before my "death" phase and Siimna kept talking about it.

ANd the yo-yo will always be the coolest smash, and glitchiest. Not saying the most useful (although it IS pretty useful now) but **** cool cuz of its charging properties.

Two_D

Smash Rookie

sorry i couldn get a replay.
thiese are pics of the glitch! how i did it was by scaping wolf and he hit me while i was rolling my yo yo up from the up smash. It doesn't do anything. but i couldve sworn it made me pull out my yoyo faster.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I was sort of thinking "wth" too...

Dude, maybe you could have at least used the same characters in the photo shoot?
We appreciate you though =)
Lol.
Yes, I must agree the picture doesn't really work.
But you understand the concept. I got hit while charging my DSmash, and it was a soft hit.

And I noticed that the second smash came out faster then before, like Two_D said. 0.o

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
So... does this work by having your Usmash/Dsmash interrupted by another move? Or.. well, I mean, do the moves cancel each other out, meaning neither the yoyo or your opponents attack take priority? amirite amirite? I am lazy to test this.

sonicflames

Smash Rookie
I am in no way a great smasher, and don't think I'll ever be. I do love playing Ness and I do pretty well with him. I discovered something that was new to me, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the hell this was.

I was playing against Sonic on Smashville, and after a while, I noticed Ness's yo-yo was out and hanging around in front of him as I was playing. I really, really wish I saved a replay of this. Anyway, I was able to have the yo-yo out for a long time, and do all my other techniques, but when I tried the yo-yo again, it went back to normal. I mean, the yo-yo was just floating in front of Ness or behind him depending on the direction I faced. I didn't notice it doing anything as it was just kind of there.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? Do you have any idea what causes this?

Appologies if this is old news at all, I searched the forum for other instances of this happening but saw none, so I figured I'd ask.
i done this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hecOP-1M-ls but i did something else

NKCell

Smash Cadet
That's a shame that this doesn't really serve any function. Would have been cool to have another trick up Ness' sleeves.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
If anyone would care to explain EXACTLY how to do this (if it is even known) I could probly get a vid up.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
i have videos of this incident happening to me recorded, i just have no SD card or video capture equiptment, but it has happened multiple times. It has only happened to me on the up-smash, but not sure if the other would work. Every time it has happened, i have been charging my yoyo, and both the charging yoyo, and my body get hit at (almost) the exact same time by a high-speed, high-priority attack just as i release the smash. (ironically, one of the most common way this has been triggered for me has been another Ness using PKT2 into me)

Nintenbro

Smash Rookie
i have videos of this incident happening to me recorded, i just have no SD card or video capture equiptment, but it has happened multiple times. It has only happened to me on the up-smash, but not sure if the other would work. Every time it has happened, i have been charging my yoyo, and both the charging yoyo, and my body get hit at (almost) the exact same time by a high-speed, high-priority attack just as i release the smash. (ironically, one of the most common way this has been triggered for me has been another Ness using PKT2 into me)
You must buy an Sd card! You HAVE to.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Just throwing this out there, but if it has to do with ness' yo yo clashing at a certain point of the charge/release....

...what would happen during a phantom hit instead of the actual clash?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Wait... so you can transfer game-created Brawl videos by using an SD card? I thought Nintendo was just being stupid by making the video files only readable by the Wii. I mean, I love Nintendo, but the Brawl development team hasn't been the wisest when it came to online play.

I have an SD card, but now i need to buy a device so that my computer can read it, because my comp has no SD card slot =(

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Whoa, I've been gone for a while. This sounds amazing, but does the Yo-Yo still do damage? We may have discovered a new-age yo-yo glitch O_o

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
The lack of construct in this thread shtanks.

Question 1: How do you do this.
Question 2: How is it useful.

No reason to have a 5 page thread hat doesn't answer these two questions.

Xenophobe

Smash Rookie
Happened to me
here are answers to above questions

1. Get yoyo interrupted by another attack. I was hit by lucas' pkt2 while i was charging it.

2. So far, nothing, that's what this thread is about. Guessing by know recent posts really except yours, nothing ever.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I got hit with a Fox attack while doing an Up-Smash. I have a picture of it in mid-air but I don't have a camera to take a picture of that picture ;o

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This has something to do with getting hit a certain way or a certain time while charging the yo-yo. So far, it has no ture offensive use.

BTW, is this a usmash or dsmash yo-yo?

neji32

Smash Lord
It happened to me when I was facing yoshi and sheik
I always use my Dsmash and Usmash when I'm surrounded, then I started jumping around and I noticed my yo-yo hanging out.
I came here to see if anyone figured it out, guess not

EDIT- I did it on FD and yes it did do damage everytime i dashed past yoshi

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Are you absolutely 100% sure that the yoyo was doing damage without you doing further attacks? If so did you record it? Can anyone verify this?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It happened to me when I was facing yoshi and sheik
I always use my Dsmash and Usmash when I'm surrounded, then I started jumping around and I noticed my yo-yo hanging out.
I came here to see if anyone figured it out, guess not

EDIT- I did it on FD and yes it did do damage everytime i dashed past yoshi
Dead cool
If wecould figure this out, this may be asuseful as the old YYG

Flaminghorse

Smash Rookie
The yo-yo glitch happened to me too on the summit level, all I can remember doing that might've caused it wa****ting the smash ball with Ness's yo-yo, when I phased through a platform the yo-yo stayed behined and when my friend touched it he took about 5 damage and was knocked back slightly, when I went back through the platform it attached back to the string and continued to stay out. It finally went away after I used another yo-yo attack.

neji32

Smash Lord
Are you absolutely 100% sure that the yoyo was doing damage without you doing further attacks? If so did you record it? Can anyone verify this?
100% sure indeed. me and my friends were testing it and it in fact did hurt him (slightly)
I exited the battle to save it but it was past 3 min

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
hmm now the issue is finding out possible ways to set this up reliably and if the damage and knockback are even worth doing it in the first place. I seriously doubt it will be as sweet or useful as Melee's yoyo glitch but maybe there's more to this than we understand so far. More testing needed.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The glitch happened on march 10th. I was in event 41 (The final FINAL battle ) when i grabbed a metal box. before it ran out i was in the middle of charging my Up smash, then i got hit by sonic. The attack stopped. The yo yo just stayed on me until i used my Up smash again. Basically I conclude that you just need to get hit really lightly at the right time in charging.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
ive had a similar incident where the yo yo broke off the string and the string was just dangling and the yo yo layed on the ground till i used the yo yo again

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
honestly i wasnt paying attention to how it happened i just kinda saw it and tried to pick it up (thinking it was a mother badge) and then relised someone (or me...) had destroyed my beloved yoyo the match was longer then three minuets but i did get a picture

Top Bottom