• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A

Sour_e

Smash Rookie
The technique he is using is called surf wavedashing. You pretty much implement a directional dash by tapping either side of the control stick and wavedashing directly after it. It'll make your wavedashes cover more distance. Also, what Liz said. Air dodge a little more east of southeast on your stick, same as west.

Here's a good video (series) on youtube for a vast majority of mobility tricks: /watch?v=HH8FYFUDJhY
It will not immediately make you amazing, but it is damn good for starting! Just practice.

Jackson

Smash Lord
The technique he is using is called surf wavedashing. You pretty much implement a directional dash by tapping either side of the control stick and wavedashing directly after it. It'll make your wavedashes cover more distance. Also, what Liz said. Air dodge a little more east of southeast on your stick, same as west.

Here's a good video (series) on youtube for a vast majority of mobility tricks: /watch?v=HH8FYFUDJhY
It will not immediately make you amazing, but it is damn good for starting! Just practice.
That video's helpful. Thanks man.

xNoVa007x

Smash Rookie
I was meaning to ask, i am getting better with my combo's and shines, but i am now realizing that in order to execute them faster i am needing to master the timing to execute his wavedash, are there any falco specific videos that show a players hands while doing the wavedash?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I was meaning to ask, i am getting better with my combo's and shines, but i am now realizing that in order to execute them faster i am needing to master the timing to execute his wavedash, are there any falco specific videos that show a players hands while doing the wavedash?
If the problem is only timing then practice is best. If execution is difficult press in the triggers when plugging in your controller, it makes air dodge a light-press input.

Thor

Smash Champion

Wait at 0:52 I'd swear he does shine -> surf wavedash or whatever it's called.... how??? Does just inputting a directional dash, even if in shine, still make it go farther??? Or am I seeing the video wrong?

xNoVa007x

Smash Rookie
If the problem is only timing then practice is best. If execution is difficult press in the triggers when plugging in your controller, it makes air dodge a light-press input.
What do you mean light press input? and i practiced a bit more tonight and the timing is easier now it's just the sideways movements!! also, the combo's for falco all work around Wavedashing, L-Cancels, and Shine cancels so it's gonna take time to perfect everything!!

Sour_e

Smash Rookie
Wait at 0:52 I'd swear he does shine -> surf wavedash or whatever it's called.... how??? Does just inputting a directional dash, even if in shine, still make it go farther??? Or am I seeing the video wrong?
I didn't rewatch the video but I think what you're talking about is just waveshining. You can jump out of your shine immediately, hence making it possible to wavedash out of your shine. You can continue this pattern however you want to! I'm not a Falco player but have seen heavier characters (Fox, falcon, link at low percents) being carried by this waveshine. Practice makes perfect, because Falco is just too technical lol

Thor

Smash Champion
I didn't rewatch the video but I think what you're talking about is just waveshining. You can jump out of your shine immediately, hence making it possible to wavedash out of your shine. You can continue this pattern however you want to! I'm not a Falco player but have seen heavier characters (Fox, falcon, link at low percents) being carried by this waveshine. Practice makes perfect, because Falco is just too technical lol
I know about waveshining (shine -> jump -> airdodge at an angle into the ground to waveshine) but he was in shine and got the result that the OP was talking about.

Is PPMD perfect-wavedashing or something?

Top Bottom