• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AAA habits

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone find themshelves knowly over using the AAAcombo, but unable to break the habit of always finishing the combo.

What are some good ways to break the habit?

snakeater

Smash Rookie
the aaa combo is tricky. You know that when you press and hold A snake will do that wierd Hundred hand jab....well you can either press A quickly, as fast as you hit jump for a short hop, and he'll do one punch. but if you press the button for too long he will do 2 jabs. If either of those two jabs connect he will finsh the combo as long as your holding A down. So the remedy is to either only use one jab, or go into training mode and play with how much pressure it takes just to do the two jabs. Its tricky but youll get the hang of it. When you do learn the snake jab, try to mix in your foward tilt so you get snakes kick *** jab to knee to fists.

PyroChan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1203-9463-3409
use ftilt more AND use snakes air-down-A move. it's very effective whether your opponent is in front or behind you

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me how to use dair correctly? I could never get it to connect.

Also, sooo you can do A -> Ftilt, A-> Utilt, etc? Or AA-> Ftilt, etc? That's pretty cool. I found out that the opponent can block the 3rd hit in AAA even if you connect the first two jabs. :(

Solid Samus

Smash Cadet
Connecting Snake's dair effectively just takes lots of practice...basically just short hop and immediately start his dair combo. The best times I find to do this is out of power shield or during an opponents move/landing lag or during a spot dodge. Just do your best to guide Snake for the last kick to hit for maximum knockback ownage. I also use this on the edge right before the enemy climbs up from hanging; if I time it right my last kick will catch them as soon as their invincibility frames run out.

Another move to use instead of AAA (situationally of course) is his nair. Do a full jump and immediately start the kick combo, nothing feels better than getting those four kicks to connect. A good example of a situation to use this might be if your opponent is on one of the lower floating platforms on battlefield and you are on the main platform beneath them, sometimes they will only block the first one or two kicks before deactivating their shield causing them to get caught in your combo.

Just be careful with overusing Snake's aerials since they have awful landing lag. Rarely use them as approaches unless you catch them off guard (or unless they suck, lol).

Top Bottom