• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U About Direct: That wasn't even every stage!

R0Y

Smash Master

And here's another pic with N64 Kongo Jungl

No Pac-Man stage, so there's at least one more, possibly even others. Right now there's 40+Big Battlefield, and Miiverse will be coming soon.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord

No Pac-Man stage, so there's at least one more, possibly even others. Right now there's 40+Big Battlefield, and Miiverse will be coming soon.
What is that stage between Port Aero Town Drive and Yoshi's Island? Is it a Paper Mario stage?

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Wasn't Smashville also confirmed via Wario pic?

I bet it's unlockable with something to do with Villager.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I really hope Kongo Jungle gets a graphical upgrade, it would be weird if it looked like it did on the n64 but in 1080p.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Where is Arena Ferox?

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Hopefully N64 Kongo Jungle means we'll get more N64/non-Brawl Melee stages!

I don't really like that the past stages are mixed in with the new ones like the 3DS version, I dunno why it's just kinda weird.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I hope that isn't all of them, as I didn't see Magicant there. I'm starting to think Magicant is a 3DS exclusive, seeing as the Wii U version has Onett.

I'm happy to see the N64 Kongo Jungle though.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If you look at stage select screen towards the beginning where they talk about 8-man smash, there are definitely more stages than those on those My Music pictures.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
To list them in order:

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit (new)
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion
Jungle Hijinks
DK64
Skyloft
Bridge of Eldin
Temple
Pyrosphere
Norfair
Port Town Aero Dive
Windmill stage (unknown stage, likely Yoshi related)
Yoshi's Island (Melee, otherwise known as "pipes")
Great Cave Offensive
Halberd
Orbital Gate
Lylat Cruise
Kalos Pokemon League
Onett
Coliseum
Castle Siege
Palutena's Temple
Skyworld
Gamer (WarioWare)
Garden of Hope
Town and City
Smashville
Fitness Room
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plains
75m
Wrecking Crew
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Windy Hill
Wily's Castle

Announced stages notably NOT on screen:

Pac Land
Miiverse
Stage Builder Stages

I count at a minimum of SEVENTEEN competitively solid stages out of this, and there may be more depending on things like how Wuhu Island and the mysterious Windmill stage work out and what so far unseen secret stages we have (also I didn't count Norfair, but come on guys, you know you love Norfair). This version's stage list is awesome.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm very happy with the stages on Wii U after the direct. They were always the single biggest draw for the Wii U version after playing the 3DS version, and I've got to say several them of are very interesting and I can't wait to play on several of them. Theoretically the select screen could fill out to 8 x 6 giving us 48 stages total which would be an awesome number of them, and we know Pac-Land is coming, so there's still more to unlock in the final release that isn't shown above.

Also for a minute there I thought they were saying the stages shown off from the 3DS version in the video were going to be on Wii U with different elements. Wouldn't that be something if that was the case?

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Kongo Jungle...? They're bringing back N64 stages? Bring back Saffron City!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We have the Coliseum. And in regards to the music, dont worry! All the 3DS music is in the Wii U version.
What they said in the Direct implied that the vast majority of the 3DS music would be in, but not that all of it would be.

Xenn000

Smash Rookie
I'm glad that there are more competitive stages on the Wii U version. There's only like 4 in the 3DS version, and the rest have some sort of stage attacks. I wonder if there will be another tab of stages like there was in Brawl. I know there will be one for custom stages, but hopefully for older stages again!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I got every stage I really wanted (yeah Temple and Island Delfino!) except Corneria for the Wii U and Pirate Ship (no more swimming so probably won't be added).

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'm glad to see Delfino Plaza return! But....75m...what...the ****. If they bring back Hanenbow too, I'll be dead inside.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I hope that isn't all of them, as I didn't see Magicant there. I'm starting to think Magicant is a 3DS exclusive, seeing as the Wii U version has Onett.

I'm happy to see the N64 Kongo Jungle though.
i really hope with this large number of stages we'll get more than just onett (and possibly HD magicant).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Just realized Wuhu Island is from Wii Sports Resort, not Pilotwings.

And what's with all the people hating on 75m? I like that stage. It's unique and challenging. The more stage variety, the better.

Also, am I the only person psyched that there is a *Wrecking Crew* stage? I used to love playing that game!

Last edited by a moderator:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I've been away with poor phone internet. So no Big Blue? Unless it's unlockable again...

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Pokemon stadium 2 can be seen in one of the events.
God, I hope the Pokemon Stadium theme from Melee is back. PleasepleasepleasePLEASE.

It's my favorite soundtrack in all of Super Smash Bros. I remember dancing with happiness when it came back in Brawl, PLEASE let it return once more. KOing opponents to that godly choir will make my holidays.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
2 Questions!

1. How many stages are their supposed to be? is there a second page again like in Brawl?

2. How many stages can be used for 5-8 player smash?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Yoshi's Woolly World stage on the 4th row next to Port Town.

the8thark

Smash Lord
75m?
One Question: WHY ... why... =/
I'm glad to see Delfino Plaza return! But....75m...what...the ****. If they bring back Hanenbow too, I'll be dead inside.
75m can go die in a fire. Those levels are hard enough in NES remix.
I think Delfino Plaza can die in a fire as well. I'd rather see the Melee Rainbow Ride level come back.

A question. Why is it even called 75m?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am happy with the stage list, so far!

Kongo Jungle has my hopes for maybe one other N64 stage up, I cross my fingers for either Hyrule Castle or the NES Mario one.
WarioLand is hopefully a thing, too (because of the song played in the direct) and the WiiU version still lacks a G&W stage.

Even though they threw out the Mother 3 representative for smash 4, 8-player smash sorta gets my hopes up for new pork city. The 3ds version does have mother 3 trophies, at least (Lucas and the Porky statue)

Top Bottom