• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About ICs chain grab

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
which is the best way to escape from the standard ic chain grab (Dthrow > nana Dair> grab).
I always try to SDI up the Dair, but im not sure if exist another way that works better.

Samochan

Smash Master
Well I get out by smash di'ing to ic's back and up and then either instafloat or roll away. Backside cause they need to turn in order to regrab you so you have more leeway in getting out. I don't think there's really other way, cept wiggling pre-chainthrow.

JFox

Smash Hero
Good Topic!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81784

Phanna made a thread a long while ago talkin about how certain characters can't actually be chaingrabbed by the ICs. Peach is one of them. Peach is floaty enough that she gets hit up too high to truly be regrabbed by Popo. So your job is just timing it so that u interrupt the regrab as soon as you are out of hitstun.

If you DI away from the ICs, you are forcing you trajectory forward, giving u less height and putting you right in front of popo's grab box.

Now I'm not terribly knowledgable about this, but my guess would be- C stick smash DI up, while with the control stick you should DI up and behind the ICs. According to phanna, peach can jump out if its timed. But peach's jump is super slow so unless ur gonna air dodge immediately, I'm not sure how good it is to simply jump out. Peach's jump brings her slightly down before going up, which gives popo extra time for the regrab. So perhaps an immediate nair would be more effective than jumping.

Again, I don't know from experience, I'm purely speaking in theory what sounds like it should work best.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
thx for the responses guys. Acoording to phanna, a good di with peach is behind the ICs.

pockyD

Smash Legend
down and away => buffer dodge/roll is for fast fallers

most floaties (peach included) get away by SDI up, or for some, even regular DI up or a simple jump

if you DI behind ICs, you'll get regrabbed by the just-as-simple reverse dair CG

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Holding up with both sticks will make peach float out, too high to be regrabbed. I believe I used to use normal survival DI (up and towards the icys) to get out.

Anyways around it I've seen peaches try to umbrella out, but floating out is just as, if not more, effective.

And remember if you are going to float out to do the floated dair-> nair to tack on the 20% to the climbers they deserve for trying to CG you.

Top Bottom