• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolute proof of Snake's broken up-tilt.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Another thing to put into Snake's bag of tricks, huh? I doubt it would help much. My mains can probably all take him to begin with as long as they strategize. My Ness, who, when fighting a human Snake later revealed to indeed be a solid one, hadn't even known that well about grenade cooking and therefore got a grenade blast in his face at one point upon grabbing Snake, as well as got his shield shattered at one point with only 30% (which resulted in a low percentage death from a fully charged forward smash), actually came out on top against the human Snake.

Snake is definitely formidable enough to be regarded as a lethal joke character though. He happens to invoke strategy wars from what I gather. I believe the tilt disjoints were intentional, believe it or not. Yeah, I tested for tilts' horizontal range based on Battlefield's small platforms and Mario as the training dummy. Neither of them cover the whole of one of them, though the forward tilt comes rather close. The up tilt covers about 70% of the platform, and won't disjoint diagonally.

Snake deserves some credit. But not too much.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He's extremely easy to gimp, spike, and juggle in the air for all eternity because of his predictable recovery.

No clue why he's so heavy >.> but hey.. us Snake mains aren't complaining.
Easy to gimp.
lol, the snakes you play suck at C4 than...

Easy to spike lol.
they must not know that you can meteor cancel with jump and up b.

Juggle
ROFL this is teh best one, do you know how to fast fall a back air/air dodge?

its funny becuse people dont realise how stupid difficult it is to gimp or juggle anyone in this game unless you are MK...

now lets look at just SOME of the characters that snake is heavier than that he shouldnt be...
Ganondorf.
Bowser
DONKEY KONG
Wario
CF (CF is a lot heavier than you would think too.)
Ike

the only character in the game heavier than Snake is D3...

WTF?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Easy to gimp.
lol, the snakes you play suck at C4 than...

Easy to spike lol.
they must not know that you can meteor cancel with jump and up b.

Juggle
ROFL this is teh best one, do you know how to fast fall a back air/air dodge?

its funny becuse people dont realise how stupid difficult it is to gimp or juggle anyone in this game unless you are MK...

now lets look at just SOME of the characters that snake is heavier than that he shouldnt be...
Ganondorf.
Bowser
DONKEY KONG
Wario
CF (CF is a lot heavier than you would think too.)
Ike

the only character in the game heavier than Snake is D3...

WTF?
Pretty sure DK is just barely heavier then Snake.

So he's bigger then Wario (who's floaty as hell), Ike who's a human, not a genetically made super clone. So he's a human with a large sword... we have 2 grenades, c4, a mine, RPG, mortar, our genetically superior body, possible armour, and a cypher.

Bowser is a turtle. :laugh:
Ganondorf is a pig. :laugh:
Falcon isn't carrying a whole ton of equipment. (and we all agree that Falcon is just Snake without all his gadgets. They are both manly)

Also, have you seen some vids at all? Snake: C4 recover. Opponent: spike from hitstun, spike if they ledge tech (unless done perfectly), predict where they DI and spike.

Gimp: Get him below the stage, he's in a horrible spot.

You must not be playing against the Snake correctly if you can't easily spike or gimp him when he's offstage.

You do realize that most uairs > our bair? Correct? Characters like Marth can bait an airdodge, and the aerial is so quick they can use another aerial right when you come out of it, so thats useless.

You do realize that I'm the one making the Snake video guide, I basically run half the important threads in these forums, and know how to avoid being juggled.

What I'm saying is that he's EASY to juggle, not that you won't not succeed if the Snake knows what they are doing, does it well, and doesn't become predictable. (such as Ultimate Razer, he b-reverses grenades a little to often, but I wasn't in the position to try and punish :3 Snake dittos suck...)

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I'm really not going to be contributed to this thread at all, but something bugged me.

About everyone talking about Samus before, saying it made sense for her to be lighter than Snake because she's a Chozo-trained superhuman who is likely accustomed to higher gravity... that doesn't make sense.
I mean, it makes sense in explaining why she can jump higher. But she's still got a half-ton power suit on. She can lift it, sure, but it's still heavy. If Snake stood straight up, and I ran at him and body checked him as hard as I could, he'd probably stumble back a little bit. If I did that to Samus in her power suit, I'd probably bounce off and hurt my shoulder.

So yeah. I'm helpful!

SuSa

I'm really not going to be contributed to this thread at all, but something bugged me.

About everyone talking about Samus before, saying it made sense for her to be lighter than Snake because she's a Chozo-trained superhuman who is likely accustomed to higher gravity... that doesn't make sense.
I mean, it makes sense in explaining why she can jump higher. But she's still got a half-ton power suit on. She can lift it, sure, but it's still heavy. If Snake stood straight up, and I ran at him and body checked him as hard as I could, he'd probably stumble back a little bit. If I did that to Samus in her power suit, I'd probably bounce off and hurt my shoulder.

So yeah. I'm helpful!
Your logic. It defeated ours.

New Logic:

Half ton suit = All our gadgets
I also would like to believe that her Power Suit is lightweight, sure it's strong, but lightweight. I need to find a reference that makes me think this way however.
Genetically Superior Male Clone > Female (I mean, look at ZSS... no way she weighs anything near what Snake weighs)

lmao.. according to Smashwiki:

Samus weighs: 90kg (198lbs)

With that, I would like to guess her suit only weighs anywhere from 40-60 pounds. :lick:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pretty sure DK is just barely heavier then Snake.
i dont think so but let me get back to you on that.
we have 2 grenades, c4, a mine, RPG, mortar, our genetically superior body, possible armour, and a cypher.
theres two ways i can take this...

1. if all those things factor into his weight, than he should get lighter everytime he uses one. and than theres the more applicable idea...

2.Those things dont weight anything in hammerspace. seeing as you cant actually see any of those things on his person. its likely they dont factor into his weight because of hammerspace.

SuSa

theres two ways i can take this...

1. if all those things factor into his weight, than he should get lighter everytime he uses one. and than theres the more applicable idea...

2.Those things dont weight anything in hammerspace. seeing as you cant actually see any of those things on his person. its likely they dont factor into his weight because of hammerspace.
It's also a video game where dying turns you into a trophy until someone taps it to 'release you' and where guys are trying to kill you one second, then help you out the other.

Tell me where anything in this game makes sense anyways :psycho:

/not taking debate seriously, because debating over its not going to change **** in the game anyways

Panix

Smash Ace
Snake wieghts so much because he's the only one in brawl who dosn't make sense being there. but he's there anyway. because he's snake, and he can do whatever he deems fit.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
How does he not make sense being there?

I still remember his old NES (or was it SNES? ... w/e) game =p
it was nes and if i remember right u where playing as big boss not solid snake.

SuSa

it was nes and if i remember right u where playing as big boss not solid snake.
Same franchise, and they wanted 'more known' characters I think, and 'old school' ones to attract old gamers perhaps? (lol ROB/G&W)

Plus its based off of Japanese popularity methinks, hence why Wolf > Krystal.

Also Sonic makes just as little sense as Snake does IMO.

When I think Sonic, I think SEGA.

When I think Snake, I think Sony.

I don't think god**** Nintendo. :laugh:

strike42

Smash Journeyman
Same franchise, and they wanted 'more known' characters I think, and 'old school' ones to attract old gamers perhaps? (lol ROB/G&W)

Plus its based off of Japanese popularity methinks, hence why Wolf > Krystal.

Also Sonic makes just as little sense as Snake does IMO.

When I think Sonic, I think SEGA.

When I think Snake, I think Sony.

I don't think god**** Nintendo. :laugh:
when i think of nintendo i think of phoenix wright.:bee:

also while where on the topic of his uptilt, i manged to uptilt a ness that was hanging on the ledge today. tho im not sure if he jumpd as soon as i uptilted.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
idk if anyone put this yet but did you know that the utilt can hit people at the edge?

when they are hanging from the ledge, the leg bhind u has to be on the first stripe on FD then u do utilt and watch how broken that move is.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
idk if anyone put this yet but did you know that the utilt can hit people at the edge?

when they are hanging from the ledge, the leg bhind u has to be on the first stripe on FD then u do utilt and watch how broken that move is.
also while where on the topic of his uptilt, i manged to uptilt a ness that was hanging on the ledge today. tho im not sure if he jumpd as soon as i uptilted.
ya i mentioned it, 1 post above u -_-

Ace Of Flames

Smash Apprentice
Snake wieghts so much because he's the only one in brawl who dosn't make sense being there. but he's there anyway. because he's snake, and he can do whatever he deems fit.
More like because of all that stuff he wears.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
A skin-tight sneaking suit with a couple of pouches attached to the suspenders that keeps the vest on?

Yeah. Totally heavy.

Orze:

Smash Rookie
I know this thread is probably old but, snake had 2 games on nes, one game on gameboy, and twin snakes on gc, also about his weight, I have portable ops for the psp and when big boss sneaks it sounds as though he has twinkie wrappers on him :D since snake is a clone of big boss.... :D

Top Bottom