• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolute Zero: A Zero Suit Samus Video by Claw

Percon

Smash Lord
Nicely done. Some of those clips appeared to be "true combos", unless my eyes deceive me.

Anyway, nice gameplay, fitting music and good editing. My only gripe would be that it's too long. 5 minutes should be the maximum for a combo video, IMO. But that's just me.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
The sections seemed kind of lengthy.
Every new section I found myself tiring of it.

Except for the stage spikes. Every single one of those were sweet.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
It's too long, if you want to keep it that long, change it up!!! It makes it way more interesting. Your sections are also quite obvious, you want to keep them more discreet. Make them shorter too. Other than that, you were amazing, you have excellent timing and strategies, a great example to Zero Suit Samus players.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
it wasnt long at all i think everyones use to 6 min videos so w/e they think is w/e

and finally a Zero suit combo vid woot :p

Corigames

Smash Hero
You must live in a parallel universe where teching doesn't exist. I feel sorry for you people on your side :S

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
Vnice combo vid, you did some pretty B.A. moves if I do say so myself, good job on the whole. I don't think the video is to long, it gives more time to see what you can do against diff characters and is quite interesting, good job on it and don't feel to discouraged by it.

Just a quick question the cartoon animation of zero suit samus is that a game or what?

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
You must live in a parallel universe where teching doesn't exist. I feel sorry for you people on your side :S
Teching is alot harder in Brawl. These just happen to be the times when someone failed to tech, which is actually quite often. Up-B is very hard to tech. You are right though, there is no teching here. If they had teched, it wouldn't be in the video would it?

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Vnice combo vid, you did some pretty B.A. moves if I do say so myself, good job on the whole. I don't think the video is to long, it gives more time to see what you can do against diff characters and is quite interesting, good job on it and don't feel to discouraged by it.

Just a quick question the cartoon animation of zero suit samus is that a game or what?
Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it.

The game is called Zero Mission, a game for the Advance.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
I thought this was going to be a prono. D: But seriously, those are some insane combos "strings". I would hate to see you in a tourney. Keep goin man.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Teching is alot harder in Brawl. These just happen to be the times when someone failed to tech, which is actually quite often. Up-B is very hard to tech. You are right though, there is no teching here. If they had teched, it wouldn't be in the video would it?
Yeah, it's called tech chasing, or showing that you have more skill than pressing up B over and over again. You put in clips of people attempting to escape and you slaughtering them because it then at least looks like you aren't facing lvl 1 CPUs or non-controlled characters.

shanus

Smash Hero
now this is a fun video. had yet to see a good ZS but now I definitely want to give her a swing

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Amazing video editing skills, great music, excellent stage spikes and use of side b. A great combo video, i think. This video makes me want to main ZSS, but i'll stick to Ike.

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's called tech chasing, or showing that you have more skill than pressing up B over and over again. You put in clips of people attempting to escape and you slaughtering them because it then at least looks like you aren't facing lvl 1 CPUs or non-controlled characters.
Well, the opponents I was facing were actually very good. Are you going to AZ 1-2 step? If so, the people I play will be showing up. Make sure to money match them. Usually if they tech I can still downsmash them out of the up-b though. Sorry you didn't like it, just don't watch it, okay?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, the opponents I was facing were actually very good. Are you going to AZ 1-2 step? If so, the people I play will be showing up. Make sure to money match them. Usually if they tech I can still downsmash them out of the up-b though. Sorry you didn't like it, just don't watch it, okay?
Yes, I"m going to AZ 1 2, but I don't plan on playing Brawl, I'm going for the Melee. If my crew needs me for a match, I'll play that. If I have the money, and I plan on it, sure, I will money match your friends/punching-bags. I love a good competition, and, if any of them play Melee, I would love to play them in that too!

"Usually if they tech I can still downsmash them out of the up-b though."
Why not show that? It would show that you are competent against people that DO have the ability to escape your moves, even when they can still get "in control" after getting hit. It just makes you look a little bit better than all those videos out there where people just show other people DIing back into every hit, which doesn't impress me or a lot of people.

I didn't say I didn't like it. It could be better, but I enjoyed seeing Zamus kick some *** instead of Meta and Snake. And, even if I didn't like it, I think the point in this board is to discuss videos, which means you will have people telling you they don't like your video, but at least I'm one who tells you why.

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I"m going to AZ 1 2, but I don't plan on playing Brawl, I'm going for the Melee. If my crew needs me for a match, I'll play that. If I have the money, and I plan on it, sure, I will money match your friends/punching-bags. I love a good competition, and, if any of them play Melee, I would love to play them in that too!

"Usually if they tech I can still downsmash them out of the up-b though."
Why not show that? It would show that you are competent against people that DO have the ability to escape your moves, even when they can still get "in control" after getting hit. It just makes you look a little bit better than all those videos out there where people just show other people DIing back into every hit, which doesn't impress me or a lot of people.

I didn't say I didn't like it. It could be better, but I enjoyed seeing Zamus kick some *** instead of Meta and Snake. And, even if I didn't like it, I think the point in this board is to discuss videos, which means you will have people telling you they don't like your video, but at least I'm one who tells you why.
There are alot more things I wanted to show, but mostly I just got tired of working on it and ran out of play time (10 minute max). If I ever release another one I'll make sure to do that, I appreciate the advice actually.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
One of the few videos longer than 5 minutes that I watched the entirety of. I think that says enough of my opinion. : P

Also, interesting choice of ending clip given the title of your video.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I thought it was very well done... you seemed to manipulate you're opponents very very well. As for the length i had no idea it was 5 minutes, the fluidity of the video was good.

Why not submit it?

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
This video is probably about as good as brawl videos are ever going to get and that seriously disheartens me. The play style and editing were fine but your opponents were horendous. There was terrible DI for most of the matches, rolling into moves, absolutely no teching and a serious lack of mindgames. I also noticed that most if not all of the matches were even or you losing (except the gimp kills). I couldn't actual finish the video mostly due to stale "combos" err i mean consecutive hits. I will commend you, however, for at least trying to find something worth watching in brawl. Keep working at it though. Also do all your friends play lower tier and huge characters? I saw one metaknight and like...one snake everyone else was link gannon etc.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I thought it was very well done... you seemed to manipulate you're opponents very very well. As for the length i had no idea it was 5 minutes, the fluidity of the video was good.

Why not submit it?
I second that motion. ZSS is one of the characters I've been dying to try and main. This video proves its worth of inspiration.

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, that was a pretty impressive video. I havn't seen ZSS used to her potential like so, I think I'm going to have to give her a try now.

The video was pretty long I must admit though. Luckily most the "strings" were pretty impressive since with a video that long you would expect a bunch of crap.

Alkatrazz

Smash Rookie
Simply amazing. Been looking forward to this for a long time, and it did not disappoint.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Great vid, my favorite clip was of you chain d-smashing and then spiking Snake into his mine for a KO. Excellent
And, unlike the people before, i dont think these people were bad. ZSS, up-b is EXTREMELY hard to consistently tech, and alot of the combos were legit, like the upb ones, because up-b seems to have hitstun :O

spades

Smash Cadet
Normally i would say that 9minutes is too long.. but i didnt check the time once as i was watching this. Entertaining from start to finish. 5/5 w/o a doubt.

Fantastic job.

Osi

Smash Ace
Wow, absolutely amazing. The last chain on link was insane. The spike on DK coming back on stage was really nice too. Great stuff.

King Kuma

Smash Apprentice
Claw does it again! Awesome video bro. love those chain combos and spikes. You're definitly one of the best ZSS's out on brawl right now. Not to mention, your Captain Falcon on Melee was beastly too!

Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I'll see you at a tourney!

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
My rating for this Video is : Extremely Flawless. You blew me away for nearly ten minutes best combo video for brawl I have seen so far, by far.

Top Bottom