• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Acceptable Johns: Oxymorons Abound

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Acceptable john: Having a broken hand. (Funny thing, my friend still placed 25/close to 100 at Midwest Circuit East Championships, despite his broken hand.)

Wifi and HDTV lag is acceptable too, but I think that john doesn't even need to be said: It's just accepted as universal truth.

Not acceptable johns, EVER: 'Ganondorf is cheap' and 'FLUDD is so overpowered' (the former from Ganonraping noobs, and the later from FLUDD gimping trash talking noobs every stock.).

EDIT:

DDM, I completely forgot you quoted me for your sig, so seeing my name first thing upon opening this thread surprised me. :laugh:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
"You only won because - oh, wait... that's right, you didn't."

EDIT: 400th post! Hurray!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Make sure you have your Wiimote Batteries all the way into the Wiimote, fully charged and fully conneced. If they fall out or stop working, it is only your fault.

Except for when Female Brawlers act ... ... ... distracting ... ... ... , I can't think of an acceptable John... Oh, "You won because You're M2k". There's 1 that works.

:flame:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Funny pre-game john:

"If you win, it's only because you play this more than me."

Is that essentially saying you won because you're better? Is it saying that you're worse because you play more? I'm confused...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Rofl; someone loses and they say...

"Darn it! I'm having a bad day..."

And yet, they say that EVERY day...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
"I was in awe of your epicness that I couldn't focus."

That...I'll accept.

Uffe

Smash Hero
The only thing I see as a reasonable excuse would be your controller not working in some areas, such as the L, R button. Mine doesn't shield sometimes. So whenever I attempt to roll or spotdodge, I'll either run away or duck and that gets me hit either way. Another one would be absence of the game. If you haven't played for about a month or so, chances are you're rusty. I tend to john beforehand.

Top Bottom