• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
Battle Network 1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309853
8-27-11
Out of 18
Tesh :sonic: :metaknight: :ivysaur:

Spending so much time recently practicing my MK seemed to pay off in doubles, but in singles I still felt more confident as Sonic mostly. I'll likely be using alot of MK from now on though. Though I won't be doing the ditto in tournament I think.

Lost to Razer , I need to just play less fearful against him. Mentally a froze up, AGAIN.
Lost to Pwii , even though I ran into him in Loser's Bracket, he sandbagged all the way to game 3.

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol went to a tourney today. I was defeated by Holy (MK), Swordgard (ICs/Falco), and KingKong (Bowser).

dang that bowser is good

Edit: oh but I did beat people tho. randoms basically. almost won vs. swordgard's falco on Pictochat, then I got grabbed out of up-B :( haha

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's what I was here for dammit, why do you people not listen to me when it comes to Lucario? :<

:093:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
X lost to Trela at Gen 2
in a mm though, if that counts for anything

(shoutouts to him, learned the MU too late in our mm tho lulz, having a fellow Marman around is cool)

I will say one thing, while I was picking up on it, the way you play v. sonic feels quite counter-intuitive, throwing certain moves out for bait as lucario feels very punishable normally, but it seems very useful for this MU for some odd reason.

After Trela told me about his stuff about the MU, it's pretty nasty. Winnable, but not pretty for Sonic.

*runs*

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Iono I love playing Oli compared to Lucario. Lucario bugs the hell out of me. I just dont know how to go about the MU.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Got 13th at the HOBO the other day.
Played a little bad, but I had tons of fun.

Until next time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Going to my first tourney since Genesis 2 this upcoming Saturday. One of our monthlies. Then the next week after on the 24th, Phoenix 6 in BC. Gonna be over 40 people at that one with attendance from Washington and some of East Coast Canada (like Tinman).

If there's a stream, I'll post you guys to it. Wish me luck in advance. I'm staying on my A-Game.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
lol boss doesnt even play brawl anymore...

sounds like he caught a whiff of the scent of free money.
Although technically that's true, it was only a few months back, his Sonic experience greatly exceeds my Luigi experience (and his Brawl experience in general greatly exceeds mine) and he is a very smart player with tech skill to back it up. At the end of the day, it's Boss, I wouldn't underestimate him if he went a whole year without brawl. Aside from that, Games 3 and 4 I practically threw away, my decision making still needs quite a bit of fine tuning. It's my goal to iron out the majority of my flaws before APEX gets here. As the best SoVA has to offer at the moment, I'm trying to make this region a more respectable one as time goes on. I have a lot of respect for Boss, and I was glad I could at least take him to game 5, and even more so win a MM against him. To others it might not mean much, but to me it lets me know I'm on the right track and need to keep progressing my skill. I joined the brawl scene rather late, I don't have the luxury of being in a dominant region, and I'm trying my best to not only up my own skill, but the brawlers of the SoVA region as well. Normally I don't take shots, but I wouldn't be talking about the scent of free anything if I were you #97. </rant>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Going to my first tourney since Genesis 2 this upcoming Saturday. One of our monthlies. Then the next week after on the 24th, Phoenix 6 in BC. Gonna be over 40 people at that one with attendance from Washington and some of East Coast Canada (like Tinman).

If there's a stream, I'll post you guys to it. Wish me luck in advance. I'm staying on my A-Game.
I really wanted to go to that tournament, sucks that my ind. study finals are scheduled near that time T__T

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I got 4th at the monthly. One spot shy of the top 3 and I beat out Frio and T-block, two people ranked higher on the PR. Lost to both KillLock and Fiji 2-1, close matches regardless. Pretty proud of myself. I was on the ball.

Will edit when results are posted.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
when was the last time you beat kill in tourney?
I haven't yet. Every time he's beaten me though it's been a convincing 2-0. At this point we go even, and I dominated him the first match this tourney. At this point, it's really a matter of staying aware of my mistakes or what's working, and amounting momentum from there.

The skill-gap between us all is getting pretty miniscule actually.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Hard tournament yesterday. I didn't do well but I did play well so I'm not disappointed.

I mean, FAE and Kemo both got bracket ***** if that says anything. Also, I am in dire need of MK and D3 practice. I'm horrible against them now.

BSP

Smash Legend
LOST 10
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312331
October 8, 2011
Out of 14

3rd- BSP :sonic:
5th- Brawlman1000 :sonic:

I felt great after this tournament. I got 3rd again, but I know I'm getting better and I'm gaining confidence. It's mostly because before this tournament, I specifically took the time to think about how I'd fight against Diddy Kong with Sonic (had been switching to Luigi before) and thought about all my different options before I went into tournament, and my set went much better this time. It's so satisfying to have your thinking and work pay off. So now, I think I'll be getting past 3rd pretty soon if I keep it up.

Top Bottom