• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT and Caotic Present - Business Time 2! date confirmed, 28th and 29th of august

patv

Smash Journeyman
Me too I'd defo come if I have lift and/or housing and/or easy train accessibility to
And fro in case there is no lift.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if I've posted here yet.
Probably.
cbf with going to Perth anymore.
Anyway, this'll be my next tourney.
Def confirmed.
I can add half the random crap I've got from Ebay as some sort of additional prize.
Like the OP Orange juice loool.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
For all you Melee fans, don't forget I'll be modifying the Atyeo ruleset to fit! Specifics to come in the nxt 2 wks

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I liked the atyeo ruleset, and its a tourney to try out something new, and it'll be fun
the reason it took so long at my place was because we were doing a round robin with lots of people and not many setups.
that wont be happening at bt2, and its going to be a 2 day event so we're good.

anyways I'll be getting this all setup this week, I'm looking at 28/29th august, so if anyone has any problems with that, speak up now.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I should be able to make that, will also bring a wii with brawl and can probably bring a melee disk if required.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
better bring your hype for some hype bored-game

OP updated with new rules (12 point system)
I'll post it here aswell

S: 8 points

High
A: 7 points
B: 6 points

Mid
C: 5 points
D: 4 points
E: 3 points

Low
F: 2 points
G: 1 point

Most optimal teams combinations are bolded (12 points).

S[8] A[7] B[6] C[5] D[4] E[3] F[2] G[1]

Do not exceed 12 points total/must choose 3 characters.

S + F + F = 12 points (MK + 2 Low)
S + F + G = 11 points (MK + 2 Low)

A + D + G = 12 points (High + Mid + Low)
A + E + F = 12 points (High + Mid + Low)
A + E + G = 11 points (High + Mid + Low)
A + F + F = 11 points (High + 2 Low)

B + C + G = 12 points (High + Mid + Low)
B + D + F = 12 points (High + Mid + Low)
B + E + E = 12 points (High + 2 Mid)
B + D + G = 11 points (High + Mid + Low)
B + E + F = 11 points (High + 2 Low)

C + C + F = 12 points (2 Mid + Low)
C + D + E = 12 points (3 Mid)
D + D + D = 12 points (3 Mid)
C + C + G = 11 points (2 Mid + Low)
C + D + F = 11 points (2 Mid + Low)
D + D + E = 11 points (3 Mid)

Does anyone think ganon should be 0 points?

Silfa

Smash Ace
ganon shouldn't be zero points. MK + D tier + ganon.. Although, there are possibly better combinations anyway, idk, I haven't really looked into any combinations outside of high + double low and triple mid.

The weekend of the 28th is the weekend before my exams I think. quite bad timing for me.

SurvivorSeb

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brektfast
Can you make it so that you suicide your stocks after you have lost the correct amount of stocks?
Suiciding at the start technically gives ZZS players a disadvantage as armor pieces will not last as long.

Edit: Also gives an advantage to Wario as he charges his fart during the suicide process, and a disadvantage to Olimar as he loses his Pikmin.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Can you make it so that you suicide your stocks after you have lost the correct amount of stocks?
Suiciding at the start technically gives ZZS players a disadvantage as armor pieces will not last as long.
That's usually allowed, as to not hinder PT and charge wario's waft as well.

Vermy

Smash Champion
So is there a set date for this yet? The entire floor I work on is being shut down for 2 weeks, so that's 2 weeks I won't be getting paid for. Need to be able to budget for then. Otherwise I won't be able to come. =/

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah how about a date confirmation? I need to clear whatever weekend this is happening as I'm sure many others need to also.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, dates becoming critical now. I do beleive its the last wk of Aug, but need Luke to confirm that first.

Vermy

Smash Champion
If it is the last weekend of August, I won't be going. I have a 21st that confirmed it's date a few days ago and as far as I'm concerned, it's first in first served.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just to clarify it is the last wk of aug, but thats not 100% confirmed yet because I keep getting ****ed over and havnt had a chance to get **** sorted, stay tuned to the failings of luke

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
listern you ****ing french ******, people knew about this months ago, the date hadnt been concreted but it had been narrowed down and was probable.
further more, I do appologize for the lack of communication and organization but I've been getting screwed over 6 ways to sunday for weeks now but I've finally confirmed the dates and booking.

sat and sun the 28th and 29th of this month.
so lets get this **** going on.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Given it's a two day event, am I to assume melee and brawl will be on different days, or are you planning to have melee singles and brawl doubles on one day and vice versa.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm already halfway there.
lol spongebob

also silfa I'm sorry but there was no other options, just do your usual time wizard **** and you'll be fine.

also people who are wavering on whether or not to come, act doesnt dissapoint and this may be the last tourney I ever host, so you dont want to miss out.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you book it early now (with murrays buses) it'll cost you around 20$, each way I think.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
housing shouldnt be a problem

also ted I will kill you

anyways, I'll open up another thread to get housing and stuff sorted out.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Luke you just made me feel like playing Tales of the Abyss.

Sync: *Runs up to in the middle of a battle, stops, taunts* "I'll kill you!"

YeS i HaVe nO iDeA wHaT I aM tAlKiNg AbOuT oR wHY I tHiNk YoU wIlL KnOw.
You've probably never played the game. :(
W/e, you've played Symphonia.
Blame your fate.
Ligh---Super Lightning Blade!

Top Bottom